onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Greece v turkey

Wereskintandweknowweare

No different to any other religion then? It is just that they have some hard line fanatics, and countries who still live in the Middle Ages. A Christian country like France used to chop peoples heads of in public with a guillotine, we were less spectacular with an axe, or used an hangman`s rope, but mainly our laws and pattern of life would be based on biblical aspects.

Most religions and many societies have moved on in the last 500 years or so. No question that every religion and every country/society has it's fanatics/lunatics but at the core of Islam is a message of killing disbelievers and one of Muslim conquest interpreted by followers in different ways, as far as I'm aware no other major religion shares these aspirations these days.

Advert

Most religions and many societies have moved on in the last 500 years or so. No question that every religion and every country/society has it's fanatics/lunatics but at the core of Islam is a message of killing disbelievers and one of Muslim conquest interpreted by followers in different ways, as far as I'm aware no other major religion shares these aspirations these days.
As you say, the world has moved on, but how little has the West protested and done anything about these countries living like that. Keep buying their oil and selling them arms!!

As you say, the world has moved on, but how little has the West protested and done anything about these countries living like that. Keep buying their oil and selling them arms!!

Hobson's choice comes to mind viz the oil but it was Western science and technology that discovered and produced the oil and western thirst that created the demand and gave these countries the opportunity to move forward which they don't appear to have taken. The future is going to be very different from the 70/80/90s when OPEC held the West to ransom given the discovery of large reserves in the USA, Canada and elsewhere.

It's not up to the west to tell these countries how to live, countries will get arms if not from Europe then from Russia, China or via a third party.

I'm playing devils advocate here but maybe the Turks booed at the hypocrisy of a minutes silence for the Paris victims when over a 100 were blown up at a peace rally in Turkey a few weeks back at the hands of ISIS and they weren't afforded the same respect

Turkey is the home base of Isis it's funding banking training are all done in this terrorist country. the events of the past few days against Russia show that and the sooner we wake up and do summat about this rogue country the better imho

Turkey is the home base of Isis it's funding banking training are all done in this terrorist country. the events of the past few days against Russia show that and the sooner we wake up and do summat about this rogue country the better imho

Hopefully this incident will convince many more people that Turkey is not ready (and in my opinion, never will be) to join the EU, and should not be in NATO- it isn't even a proper European country. It's a country that has moved from secular Islam to the more extremist version, and should be shunned by Nato, Britain and every other European country.

Those that are stupid enough to go on holiday there risk atrocities now, the same as in Egypt, and I for one would not want to contribute to their economy and funding of ISIS.

I hope the Russians use their most powerful weaponry of vacuum bombs and similar against the so-called Turkmen who are fermenting trouble and helping ISIS in Norhern Syria and then maybe Turkey will think again before committing aggressive and provocative acts that might drag countries like ourselves into another war we don't want.

I don't understand then, if you dislike Muslim's are you racist ?

It is not racist to dislike Islam or even Muslims. I'd prefer to say that I dislike Islam then Muslims who were brainwashed from birth with this near-witchcraft and I feel sorry for them, and respect the ones who try to follow a peaceful path and find that it often conflicts with their 'religion'.

The next debate will be whether this is possible -can one stay within the confines of Islam, which teaches mastery over all other religions, and co-exist peacefully with Christians, Jews and others ?

There are white Caucasians who are Muslims too, so it cannot be connected to race, and to dislike an ideology is not racist in any way.

Archived