onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin And Ameriturf

carpetman123

It fell through because depsite working on the deal night and day for 6 months, Bratt had done no due dilliegence and Ameriturf alledgedly didn't have the money.

10 x pre season tours over the next 10 years are not money in the bank it is a future expense we won't have, no good to us now and it appears we have had to pay some costs as well on this "all paid for trip".

£600k of investment staggered over 3 years because Ameriturf don't have the cash all in one go and to be matched by grants that aren't guaranteed and difficult to obtain and as such this will probably never happen just like Peter Jascksons additional £350k of investment.

£500k spoonsorship turned into equity investment by the Chairman and only to include a £100k loan as he couldn't work out the 24.9% amount in his head!! Ameriturf were annoyed that Bratt had announced this deal as an equity investment as they had no intention of it being as such.

If mo had got in the deal was still on the table and if it stacked up no doubt he would of run with it. As it stands it is nothing more than a string of promises that may never materialise, especially if Ameriturf go bump (Tricell anyone?).

Tim see post 58 :razz:

Advert

BA, I think the original deal fell through anyway, but you do it a disservice.

Its 10 x sponsored pre-season tours to a value of 500k

600k investment into centre of excellence facilities, to be matched with 600k grant.

500k equity investment, 100k of which is deferred until the share base supports it (due to 24.9% rule)

If Mo was the chairman and he had sourced the deal, it would be seen as a pretty decent coup. If I had sourced that level of support for the club, I would be pretty pleased with myself too.

Just because its not a 25million bonanza of free ready cash, doesn't make it bad news.

The original deal didn't fall through it was a made up lie ready for the EGM

and Ameriturf haven't supplied proof of funding....there doesn't seem to be enough imformation available to even show they are a global company.

The club don't have the 600k even if Ameriturf actually have 600k and also

the club don't own the land....it is all utter nonsense....about as rubbish as the Harlequin Port Vale Academy in the West Indies.

The 400k is to sponsor USA tours for 10 years....so 40k a year and the club

don't get that it is to pay for the tours the club don't really want or need...then there is a 100k loan so more debt.

So all this seems to be is a 100k loan that could become equity for two seats on the Board....the whole deal is rubbish and nonsense while there is a real investment of 1.2 million on the table from two local multi-millionaires and a real plan to invest 5 million..

An arms trader I would have no problems with per se, say someone who owns a big chunk of BAE systems, or some such. But I think I see your point and I would object to taking money from someone who had acquired it from dubious means such as drug smuggling / gun running etc.

But I dont see that this is the case here. We get pre season tours paid for for the next 10 years - this is as good as cash in the bank unless we were going to stop going on tours all together. How much did our tour of ireland cost the other year?

The cash for a grant match for the all-weather facilities is something that the club can benefit nicely from. The centre of excellence will be better off there than on dimensions, surely? Nice new facilities, that doesn't cost the club a penny, board issues aside, wheres the downside really?

This all smacks of a viewpoint along the lines of "If I cant get my way on the board, then I dont want the club to try and move forward at all". Let the club get on with its business. PVFC is much more than just who sits in the chairman's seat.

Really? That's interesting

BA, I think the original deal fell through anyway, but you do it a disservice.

Its 10 x sponsored pre-season tours to a value of 500k

600k investment into centre of excellence facilities, to be matched with 600k grant.

500k equity investment, 100k of which is deferred until the share base supports it (due to 24.9% rule)

If Mo was the chairman and he had sourced the deal, it would be seen as a pretty decent coup. If I had sourced that level of support for the club, I would be pretty pleased with myself too.

Just because its not a 25million bonanza of free ready cash, doesn't make it bad news.

Bratt or any of the other the directors didnt source it though

It just amazes me that the club is willing to trust a company based in the USA that has not even provided proof of funding, while at the same doing everything it can to discredit a local multi millionaire, with a successful business history, who has at least a plan to put the club on a more even keel.

Let's say Ameriturf get their two people on the board. Most likely these will both be UK based (Gary Hooper and possibly Brian Melzack). Has anyone any idea what these two will bring to the club, to get us out of the mess we are clearly in? Will these people be scrutinised and ridiculed in the same way as Mo Chaudry has?

Look at everything the board has issued to the press or sent out to the shareholders. None of it offers any argument against Mo Chaudry's business plan.

It just amazes me that the club is willing to trust a company based in the USA that has not even provided proof of funding, while at the same doing everything it can to discredit a local multi millionaire, with a successful business history, who has at least a plan to put the club on a more even keel.

Let's say Ameriturf get their two people on the board. Most likely these will both be UK based (Gary Hooper and possibly Brian Melzack). Has anyone any idea what these two will bring to the club, to get us out of the mess we are clearly in? Will these people be scrutinised and ridiculed in the same way as Mo Chaudry has?

Look at everything the board has issued to the press or sent out to the shareholders. None of it offers any argument against Mo Chaudry's business plan.

The point is not what they bring to the club, it is that they keep the Jackson 5 at the club for longer.

Not really. His comments have been a mixed bag at best. He has had some positive things to say. Right now there are english football clubs playing pre-season tours all over the world, in places far more far flung than washington state. Chelsea are in Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong, ***!

Perhaps look at a map/atlas sometime to find out where Washington state is!!!

May i suggest further than Malaysia and Thailand.

Perhaps look at a map/atlas sometime to find out where Washington state is!!!

May i suggest further than Malaysia and Thailand.

You can suggest it, but you'd be wrong!

Flying distances:-

London - Seattle - 4780 miles

London - Bangkok - 5921 miles

London - Kuala Lumpur - 6551 miles

Not even close really.

You can suggest it, but you'd be wrong!

Flying distances:-

London - Seattle - 4780 miles

London - Bangkok - 5921 miles

London - Kuala Lumpur - 6551 miles

Not even close really.

You are right, but I dont think Chelsea would have gone there unless it was worth a hefty amount of money for them to do so.

Archived