onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin And Ameriturf

carpetman123

I find it interesting that Bratt must have recognised his inability to do "The Job" even though he arrogantly once said "No one can do the job better than me".

Having handed the responsibility over to Leamony,is Bratt saying he failed, even though it was reported it was a done deal?

Is Bratt saying I should have left it to those who know better?

Is Bratt still involved in the running of the club or has all responsibility been handed over to Leamony?

Advert

I find it interesting that Bratt must have recognised his inability to do "The Job" even though he arrogantly once said "No one can do the job better than me".

Having handed the responsibility over to Leamony,is Bratt saying he failed, even though it was reported it was a done deal?

Is Bratt saying I should have left it to those who know better?

Is Bratt still involved in the running of the club or has all responsibility been handed over to Leamony?

What i find interesting about when he said the "No one can do the job better than me" comment it would indicate that he did not trust any of the other board member's,his own back room team to do the job.So in his tiny mind it's him or no one.But he's not selfish and want's the best for the club.If he cant trust them then why the need to stick so close together and block vote to remain i/c?Surely if he cant trust them then they shouldn't even be on the board.

How is pointing out your hypocrisy "pro board"? I was simply saying that whoever turns down /scares away investment that is good for the club based on their own personal agenda (bratts' to stay in power, yours to remove bratt from power) are putting their own interests before those of the club.

That is not a pro-bratt position, its actually an anti bratt one.

Bratt has put his and Jacksons interests before the club for the last 8 years turning all kinds of investment away, remember this time last year and Mike Newton the current venture of chasing Ameriturf by Leamony is not in the best interests of the club so I oppose it

Some people opposisng this investment may consider that their own interests correspond with the best interests of the club and that these are not served by the current Board remaining in power. Would it, for example, be in the best interests of the club to allow the current regime to stay in power as a result of taking investment from an arms trader or would you actively campaign against such a move?

Mr Bratt himself has frequently opposed investment on the grounds that the proposed investors were a) not Vale fans, b) not football fans and c) not English. Yet now he seeks investment from a company that falls into all three of those categories and we are expected to sit back and say "that's OK, it'll bring in investment that the club needs - well done Billy, a man of integrity"?

An arms trader I would have no problems with per se, say someone who owns a big chunk of BAE systems, or some such. But I think I see your point and I would object to taking money from someone who had acquired it from dubious means such as drug smuggling / gun running etc.

But I dont see that this is the case here. We get pre season tours paid for for the next 10 years - this is as good as cash in the bank unless we were going to stop going on tours all together. How much did our tour of ireland cost the other year?

The cash for a grant match for the all-weather facilities is something that the club can benefit nicely from. The centre of excellence will be better off there than on dimensions, surely? Nice new facilities, that doesn't cost the club a penny, board issues aside, wheres the downside really?

This all smacks of a viewpoint along the lines of "If I cant get my way on the board, then I dont want the club to try and move forward at all". Let the club get on with its business. PVFC is much more than just who sits in the chairman's seat.

An arms trader I would have no problems with per se, say someone who owns a big chunk of BAE systems, or some such. But I think I see your point and I would object to taking money from someone who had acquired it from dubious means such as drug smuggling / gun running etc.

But I dont see that this is the case here. We get pre season tours paid for for the next 10 years - this is as good as cash in the bank unless we were going to stop going on tours all together. How much did our tour of ireland cost the other year?

The cash for a grant match for the all-weather facilities is something that the club can benefit nicely from. The centre of excellence will be better off there than on dimensions, surely? Nice new facilities, that doesn't cost the club a penny, board issues aside, wheres the downside really?

This all smacks of a viewpoint along the lines of "If I cant get my way on the board, then I dont want the club to try and move forward at all". Let the club get on with its business. PVFC is much more than just who sits in the chairman's seat.

Hasn't Micky hinted that he's NOT exactly chuffed about these American pre-season tours?

I have no objection to taking their sponsorship. My objection is to Mr Bratt attempting to turn this proposed sponsorship into seats on the Board - seomthing Ameriturf never asked for - in order to cement his position.

Did you see Micky Adams interview on Sky before the Stafford game last week when he talked about having to go to America pre-season "unfortunately". He seems chuffed to bits about it all!!

Hasn't Micky hinted that he's NOT exactly chuffed about these American pre-season tours?

Not really. His comments have been a mixed bag at best. He has had some positive things to say. Right now there are english football clubs playing pre-season tours all over the world, in places far more far flung than washington state. Chelsea are in Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong, ***!

Let the club get on with its business. PVFC is much more than just who sits in the chairman's seat.

Have done exactly that for the last 8 years.The way that the club's progress has come on leap's and bound's escape's me though.No doubt that you can show us all the way the club has progressed leap's and bound's during this period.

Not really. His comments have been a mixed bag at best. He has had some positive things to say. Right now there are english football clubs playing pre-season tours all over the world, in places far more far flung than washington state. Chelsea are in Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong, ***!

Wow so because we are playing friendlies in the USA we can be compared to the like's of club's at the top end of the premiership.

Shall i rush and go get my ST for next season? - Na.

That isn't what he told someone on here on the phone and one of the very few people on here that I'd implicitly trust, he was pretty clear he was against the trips to the USA, maybe that person will comment - not sure if its common knowledge so won't say their name but I think they've mentioned it before

Wow so because we are playing friendlies in the USA we can be compared to the like's of club's at the top end of the premiership.

Shall i rush and go get my ST for next season? - Na.

You can chose whichever example you like. Oxford Utd, for example, are currently on their pre-season tour. Guess where? USA. :ohmy:

That isn't what he told someone on here on the phone and one of the very few people on here that I'd implicitly trust, he was pretty clear he was against the trips to the USA, maybe that person will comment - not sure if its common knowledge so won't say their name but I think they've mentioned it before

MA -

“I think that our players are lucky boys because there are not many teams at this level who can say they will be going out to America in pre-season.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity and we give our thanks to AGS for that. I was lucky to go to America with Coventry City during pre-season and it was very productive for us.

“It’s a real opportunity for the team to gel and get to know each other, away from the distractions of home.”

Archived