onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paul Cox

werstayinup

Advert

Page is doing incredibly well working within the constraints imposed by the chairman.

The so called "constraints" were bought about by Page himself because he gave every Tom, **** and Harry a contract bar Robertson.

If it wasn't for Smurf putting in another 400k we wouldn't have Alnwick, Uche, AJLS, JJ and McCourt. We would then be starting every game with Johnson in goal and Campion up front.

Paul Cox... face palms hands. A lower level Micky Adams. Reputation for signing the same kind of players, most of them for Mansfield... Sutton, Gary Roberts, Exodus, the nippy little striker lad we had on loan from Bradford. Personally would be absolutely gutted if this guy was being lined up to replace Page.

Page needs more time, I don't think it's fair to take into account last season. He should be judged on this season only now he has his own players and backroom staff. I don't think we have started well. Football & the opinions which come with it can change on the slightest of factors. An injury time defeat at Bradford (Innis at fault) and losing 1 nil at Bury (Innis at fault)... had we drawn both those games as we probably should've, we would be sat here with 1 league defeat (deservedly against Millwall)

What I guess I'm trying to say is, take an extra couple of points which with a bit more concentration could quite easily have come our way and we should really be sitting pretty in the top 6 (forgetting the fact we should have got the 3 points at Crewe.

I know people will say shoulda woulda coulda means nothing, and you would be correct. My point is that I don't think Page is a million miles off a good run, sacking him off now or in a couple of weeks time would write off our entire season & then the attendances really would drop.

We need wins though I agree & it would be great to see us go away from home and attack sides. If you can put a small winning run together in this league then you can find yourself in the top 6 in no time at all. I think it's a fairly poor league this year compared to previous seasons & I'd like to see us go for it a bit more.

Get behind Page and the lads, a couple of wins on the spin and things would look very very different.

Ps. Completely agree our set pieces need a complete overhall, at this level they can win... and lose you games, and ours are simply nowhere near good enough. Embarrassing infact.

I still say that if we have a good season it will be despite page not because of him.that bluddy retained list still gripes me.

I fail to see how we could have a good season without Page`s input, he picks the team makes the subs. Or do you mean we can only have a good season without him? The retained list is in the past and hindsight is wonderful, how it was arrived at we may never know, but the budget changed at some time which could have affected the decisions.

I still say that if we have a good season it will be despite page not because of him.that bluddy retained list still gripes me.

You need to think about the retained list a bit more sensibly, I was having a chat about this with G4E at the Donny game and he rationalised it perfectly. Basically Page's hands were tied, it was his first crack at as a manager and he would could have ended up with no players; okay some weren't ideal but they are at least capable of covering more than position as utility players .

You also can't knock his signings and the effect he and the new players have had on some of the old boys. I think you're doing Page a massive disservice.

Archived