onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 Wigan Athletic 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

What gets me with refs is the inconsistency.

Moore goes down easily under a challenge outside the box = booked.

Grigg does a Fosbury flop in the box (which had the red bought would have likely been a pen and red card) and the ref ignores it.

In the second half, in the space of a couple of mins, Uche almost has his shirt removed in the box and nothing gets given. Andoh then had his pulled back on the wing and it's a foul and a yellow.

Still, we thankfully made the most of one of his rare decisions our way today.

I see someone earlier in the thread has picked up on the subs, or lack of them when needed today. I'm not sure what Page was up to but we were desperately in need of more presence at the back and some legs in the middle. McCourt should have been on 10 mins earlier and I think Inniss would have dealt better with Wigans change to a more direct style. It's from these games that Rob needs to learn IMO because we nearly dropped a couple of points today through inaction on the sideline.

Grigg does a Fosbury flop in the box (which had the red bought would have likely been a pen and red card) and the ref ignores it.

In the second half, in the space of a couple of mins, Uche almost has his shirt removed in the box and nothing gets given. Andoh then had his pulled back on the wing and it's a foul and a yellow.

I see someone earlier in the thread has picked up on the subs, or lack of them when needed today. I'm not sure what Page was up to but we were desperately in need of more presence at the back and some legs in the middle. McCourt should have been on 10 mins earlier and I think Inniss would have dealt better with Wigans change to a more direct style. It's from these games that Rob needs to learn IMO because we nearly dropped a couple of points today through inaction on the sideline.

Problem with refs is, unless it is clear clear clear cut, as in as clear as air cut, they can interpret however they want, that was the most blatant sending off EVER, and the defender just HAD to do it, he knew he was going off before the tackle

Well that was a bit weird.

For 65mins we dominated, we then went 2 up and fell apart. I think fatigue kicked in and we desperately needed a sub, it didn't come and the equaliser did.

We then got a well earned win in the end , but no thanks to lack of changes. Page seems very indecisive at the minute.

Points to pick out. Andoh will have learned a lot today, he was kicked off the park and looked very lightweight, probably his worst game for us, but still ended up getting their man sent off. Streete was a liability and we should have got inniss on to shore us up. Foley , Moore and andoh were shattered at 70mins .

Whoever kicked Anthony grant in the head deserves man of the match , he was rubbish until 15mins in, wayward passes, poor touch and bad tackles. After that he was immense, chased every ball, very physical and didn't misplace a pass, thank you Wigan for giving him a nudge !

Uche deserved the winner, worked his conkers off.

Overall , great result, but it would have felt like losing if we drew.roll on Tuesday.

Streete a liability? Give over. Wigan didn't have a sniff until they scored their two goals. I thought he was excellent and read the game superbly, we did tire during that period though and changes perhaps should have come a bit earlier.

I thought all the players put a shift in though and can't fault anyone! Excellent days entertainment! UTV!

I think we all have to accept that Page is a rookie manager and still has a lot to learn of course.

Streete a liability? Give over. Wigan didn't have a sniff until they scored their two goals. I thought he was excellent and read the game superbly, we did tire during that period though and changes perhaps should have come a bit earlier.

I thought all the players put a shift in though and can't fault anyone! Excellent days entertainment! UTV!

Streete didn't have a bad game, it's just that Inniss is a much better player and all round presence.

If Gillingham are the benchmark for this league, then we are certainly going places this season, as we battered them a few weeks back and should have won by a good margin.

Great game again today, just wish the crowds were better.

I think we all have to accept that Page is a rookie manager and still has a lot to learn of course.

There is nothing like learning on the job with plenty of feedback, subs and keeping players happy even when they are not playing are some of the aspects he has to master. Results like today show the progress that is being made.

Streete didn't have a bad game, it's just that Inniss is a much better player and all round presence.

If Gillingham are the benchmark for this league, then we are certainly going places this season, as we battered them a few weeks back and should have won by a good margin.

Great game again today, just wish the crowds were better.

I agree Inniss would have been better suited when Wigan started to get on top and we tired a little, Page was a bit late with his subs but hey ho it made for a good game and a great finish as much as it was frustrating to go from 2-0 to 2-2!:D But to say Streete was a liability is complete garbage for an hour plus he and Duffy had Wigan's attack in their back pockets.:yes:

Only downside was the lack of Vale fans there to watch the win. Great football, Stoke ***** and we still can't get 5K.

Someone opened a collective nous thread not long ago how about an 'absence' of Vale fans...........

It is annoying as much as I can't get to every home game this season 4700 home fans is pretty poor we should be breaking 5K for a game like that easily,(I'm assuming Wigan's following was 1200ish?). I think there is still some apathy on the back of that poor run at the end of last season, whether you see that as a genuine excuse or not. I wasn't happy with it myself but ultimately I'm a Vale fan and will go when I can(hopefully more so with displays like today)!

Archived