onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 Wigan Athletic 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Well that was a bit weird.

For 65mins we dominated, we then went 2 up and fell apart. I think fatigue kicked in and we desperately needed a sub, it didn't come and the equaliser did.

We then got a well earned win in the end , but no thanks to lack of changes. Page seems very indecisive at the minute.

Points to pick out. Andoh will have learned a lot today, he was kicked off the park and looked very lightweight, probably his worst game for us, but still ended up getting their man sent off. Streete was a liability and we should have got inniss on to shore us up. Foley , Moore and andoh were shattered at 70mins .

Whoever kicked Anthony grant in the head deserves man of the match , he was rubbish until 15mins in, wayward passes, poor touch and bad tackles. After that he was immense, chased every ball, very physical and didn't misplace a pass, thank you Wigan for giving him a nudge !

Uche deserved the winner, worked his conkers off.

Overall , great result, but it would have felt like losing if we drew.roll on Tuesday.

Advert

Two good sides, attempting to play entertaining, productive football with a result that i found very pleasing although Wigan supporters must be sick, having fought back to two all and then to lose in the last minute of proper time. Great spirit and team work shown by all but Grant was outstanding, Duffy covered in defence time and time again, but when he was beaten, maybe fouled, no-one covered him. Other points to look at: Alnwick has done well but needs to command his area and talk to his defence. Dodds had to do too much work in mid field. Streete did well but lacks Inniss's strength and presence. The referee controlled the game well and let it flow when possible. He got all the major decisions right, particularly the sending off, except possibly Wigan's first goal.

Two good sides, attempting to play entertaining, productive football with a result that i found very pleasing although Wigan supporters must be sick, having fought back to two all and then to lose in the last minute of proper time. Great spirit and team work shown by all but Grant was outstanding, Duffy covered in defence time and time again, but when he was beaten, maybe fouled, no-one covered him. Other points to look at: Alnwick has done well but needs to command his area and talk to his defence. Dodds had to do too much work in mid field. Streete did well but lacks Inniss's strength and presence. The referee controlled the game well and let it flow when possible. He got all the major decisions right, particularly the sending off, except possibly Wigan's first goal.

Just stating an opinion but I disagree big time regarding Dodds and even more big time about the referee - he was garbage!

I've never been a fan of Dodds, I've always had him as the 1st name on the release sheet at the end of every season. This season it has shown Adams never played him in his best position. He is now like a brand new signing. I gladly eat a large slice of humble pie. It seems the position he is now playing in, is taylor made for him and Vale. Long may it continue.:eating:

The only decision the ref got right was the sending off. Am just glad we still won cos all too often when we have poor officials we have lost

Some people just really can't afford, they pick a few games a season home or away they'll attend, and understandably they'll prefer big games

But there is always glory hunters with every club, that won't change, and then there is downright miserable people

I am one of these. I would love to attend every match but finances won't allow me too. Am glad I chose today's game though

Archived