onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bournemouth being robbed at Anfield

Jacko51

I agree with your view that there is a case for disallowing the Bournemouth goal but, in the context of that game, if the ref thought that was a foul then why didn't he penalise Skirtl for a far worse foul in the box at the other end? Consistency - that's all we ask.

Advert

I can see why the goal was disallowed; but on another day it wouldn't be. Nature of the game..some you get some you don't

However, the Liverpool goal was a truly outstanding mistake by the officials; right up there with the best/worst.

I hope that Liverpool can play a lot better than they have done so far cos if not, they won't achieve anything this season. Bournemouth need to keep their heads up and keep doing what they are doing, but take some of the few chances that will come their way.

A sign of any good team is winning games when they're playing nowhere near the level they're perhaps cable of. Stoke away is always a very difficult game for any side while Bournemouth at home was a banana skin, and a game Liverpool would have dropped points in last season for sure. So far Liverpool have looked a much more organized team and a lot more solid defensively, and also with Sturridge to come back soon to add further to the attacking options.

From the Premier League:

A player in an offside position (which Coutinho was) shall be penalised if he;

1. Clearly attempts to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or; (which Coutinho did)

2. Makes an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball." (which Coutinho did)

As clear an offside decision as you'll see this season.

Thanks Vanta, is this a revision/development for the 2015/16 season. I looked on the FIFA and other websites and couldn't find anything that defined "interfering with play" in this way.

A sign of any good team is winning games when they're playing nowhere near the level they're perhaps cable of. Stoke away is always a very difficult game for any side while Bournemouth at home was a banana skin, and a game Liverpool would have dropped points in last season for sure. So far Liverpool have looked a much more organized team and a lot more solid defensively, and also with Sturridge to come back soon to add further to the attacking options.

Or it is a sign of a lucky side? Too early to say yet.

I was impressed with Clyne last night from the hour or so I saw.

Or it is a sign of a lucky side? Too early to say yet.

I was impressed with Clyne last night from the hour or so I saw.

We were definitely lucky to get 3 points last night. We'll play better this season and lose.

Clyne is a very good right-back and will only get better. A massive improvement on Glen Johnson from previous seasons.

Good teams play well and win consistently as well as having the ability to win when playing nowhere near the level they are perhaps capable of.

Liverpool are still going to have to play a lot better than they have done so far to achieve anything this season.

Good teams play well and win consistently as well as having the ability to win when playing nowhere near the level they are perhaps capable of.

Liverpool are still going to have to play a lot better than they have done so far to achieve anything this season.

Obviously, but that goes for every team, surely? Last season Liverpool would have got 1 point out of these two games max, and yet this season because they are looking a much more solid and organized team they've got 6 out of a possible 6 without playing anything like very well. The improvement early on is there for all to see. Once Sturridge is back available and the likes of Firmino have properly settled in Liverpool will have more than enough going forward to win games by a bigger margin than they have done in the last couple of games. There's no reason at all why they shouldn't be aiming for that 4th spot along with a good few other teams.

Obviously, but that goes for every team, surely?

Every team isn't Liverpool and every team is not looking to get into the top 4..Bmouth/Watford/ Nowrich and others will be quite happy to grind out enough results to stay out of the bottom 3....that will be enough of an achievement for them

My point is pretty simple..Liverpool can't rely on grinding our results if they are to achieve anything this season..they are ALSO going to have to play consistently well and so will have to play a lot better than they have so far

Last season Liverpool would have got 1 point out of these two games max, and yet this season because they are looking a much more solid and organized team they've got 6 out of a possible 6 without playing anything like very well.

True but irrelevant if they cannot also play very well..that's all

The improvement early on is there for all to see. Once Sturridge is back available and the likes of Firmino have properly settled in Liverpool will have more than enough going forward to win games by a bigger margin than they have done in the last couple of games. There's no reason at all why they shouldn't be aiming for that 4th spot along with a good few other teams.

So basically you agree with me that they are going to have to play better to achieve anything this season and a retuning Sturridge and firing on all cylinders Firmino will help them to do that..if they perform consistently well

Every team isn't Liverpool and every team is not looking to get into the top 4..Bmouth/Watford/ Nowrich and others will be quite happy to grind out enough results to stay out of the bottom 3....that will be enough of an achievement for them

My point is pretty simple..Liverpool can't rely on grinding our results if they are to achieve anything this season..they are ALSO going to have to play consistently well and so will have to play a lot better than they have so far

True but irrelevant if they cannot also play very well..that's all

So basically you agree with me that they are going to have to play better to achieve anything this season and a retuning Sturridge and firing on all cylinders Firmino will help them to do that..if they perform consistently well

Obviously they will have to play better as the season goes on, and they will. But you can't ask for anything more than 6 points out of 6 and two clean-sheets. With the quality of player Liverpool have going forward the goals and performances will no doubt come.

Obviously they will have to play better as the season goes on, and they will. But you can't ask for anything more than 6 points out of 6 and two clean-sheets. .

You can ask for better performances in achieving six points and no goals conceded..this is Liverpool after all so it's not all about the results.

Anyways, they are going to have to play better and probably will..I hope that they do anyway

I'm struggling to find the change in the law from last season which "disallows" the Liverpool goal, premumably its a change in the way the phrase "Interfering with play" is interpreted by the ref. There was a Liverpool player in an offside position who moved towards the ball but didn't make contact but there have been numerous similar instances where this has happened and the player hasn't touched the ball and the goal has stood, I can recall one instance where a player standing in an offside position jumped over the ball in the line of sight of the goalie and the goal stood.

All referees were issued with guidance at the start of the season to detail a change in the law.

The best argument I can come up with is that they deemed the ball to be too high for Coutinho to head. That decision is a judgement on each occasion, but the weakness is he moved to the ball and the keeper did assume he might get it and was distracted. If he had moved directly to the far post he had a 40% chance of saving. Maybe the officials viewed him as having no chance of saving in any event and this influenced their ignoring Coutinho, but that seems wrong to me because he deprived the keeper of the chance to try to save.

I don't think the rules Have changed. It is just the guidance and interpretation that has changed.

I feel bad for referees, and there is too much confusion about the law these days. It can't be left open to interpretation, as that confuses everyone.

A goal was scored on Sat. (can't remember the match) , and there was an attacking player standing on the line, with only one defender beside him, as the ball flew past the attacking player. That should be offside, but that's just my view of it. Someone else will have a different view, and it's become a joke . Blatter grrrrr

Archived