onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Re Perry Deakin - Can anyone shed any light?

Beth Orton

Advert

The sad thing is that it's entirely possible that this will protect him from having to pay off his debts/liabilities..hopefully not

Of course it will. As its taken so long he has had plenty of time to protect his assets too.

The title of this thread does not give it enough visibility on the main home page .

Of course it will. As its taken so long he has had plenty of time to protect his assets too.

The title of this thread does not give it enough visibility on the main home page .

Hi Nick,

I've only just spotted this and will be elevating it to the front page in a while. Rest assured - I haven't forgotten about what certain people did to the club and will continue to push the message on OVF.

Rob

Surely Nick,his assets will be used to pay off creditors?

Yes , but the creditors will only be entitled to HIS assets. Depends on how his house is owned (him/wife/jointly etc) and what equity there is. Some assets may be in the wife's name etc. A lot of people who look wealthy are up to their eyes in debt. If he has been declared bankrupt it means he cant pay his creditors when the amounts fall due. It is quite possible that the amounts "due" on the unpaid shares are not even in the equation yet, as no judgement has been obtained.

An article is on the front of OVF now. It has reference to the last statement from Begbies-Traynor back in February when they told the SC that they had issued the precursor to a bankruptcy order...

Link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/2015/08/former-port-vale-ceo-perry-deakin-issued-with-bankruptcy-order/

p.s. I am NOT a bankruptcy expert. If there is anything in my feature that is factually incorrect, I am happy to correct it. Let me know via PM.

IF (if) his assets do not cover the costs can money be deducted from any future earnings that he gets?

A mate of mine put in a claim for some work he had done at home.The person who did the work declared himself bankrupt to try get out of it.But my mate was told they could claim off any future earnings.

PS - Can he please attend the next SC meeting it would be great to know what he has to say ;)

What was it he said two years ago?

"I've moved on – everyone else should do the same."

:)

He also said the shares were paid for and could prove it.

When he first joined the club Im THINKING (not 100% sure)that he also said he had always been in well paid jobs and could afford the shares.

With Deakin's bankruptcy revealed yesterday I can't work out if this is good (Begbies Traynor) or bad (they're trying to discharge liabilities)

Trying to discharge liabilities? Do you mean Deakin & Miller.Isnt that what they have tried to do all along?

Archived