onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 0 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

The only problem I have with Smurf is the managerial appointment.

So your judging Page on last season when he was more or less stuck with mid table Mickys dinosaurs? Basically then, you are refusing to give him a chance to build his own team? ....and you say you have common sense?

Last season wasn't great I admit but yesterday was much more pleasing and refreshing on the eye.

Rob is slowly making his mark on us and its better than previous. That's progress for you.

Advert

So your judging Page on last season when he was more or less stuck with mid table Mickys dinosaurs? Basically then, you are refusing to give him a chance to build his own team? ....and you say you have common sense?

Last season wasn't great I admit but yesterday was much more pleasing and refreshing on the eye.

Rob is slowly making his mark on us and its better than previous. That's progress for you.

I dont like Rob Page. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

I dont like Rob Page. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Forget last season, its done with now. Robs got nowhere to hide anymore. He's made his bed, let's see how it pans out. I'll stick my neck out and say we'll improve on last season.

A major positive was our style of play. It makes a big change that we were exciting to watch. We dominated the game and possession. It's clear to see that we are going to be more patient and pass it instead of just lumping it forward all the time.

Looking forward to Tuesday to see if we try to pass it against a better side.

I've been watching for longer than you and if you check back you will find that I was right about most things , some of which could have made an enormous difference if enough had the nous to listen at the time.

Make your mind up! You have spammed loads of threads over the last few years saying how and why are you not going any more, the price is too much, the football is crap and any other excuse you could think of. You haven't bought a season ticket so did you go the game yesterday?

MOLD have gone and I protested outside the ground with hundreds of others, but that is in the past, leave it there!!!!

That argument defeats itself because he offered them all a new contract.

Saturday was an improvement lets hope it continues,

Its not spam its opinion... agree or disagree thats what forums are about, thats what keeps them alive.

Is it not spam if you say the same thing in a lot of cases off topic on virtually every thread you contribute to?

Anyway all this is off topic. Crewe vrs Vale post match which was more than a sell out from a Vale perspective so 'nowt to see here' for this game.

We're already 20% of the way towards achieving the clean sheet total we got last year, and we're 1 game down. For that, more than anything else I am thankful. It was soul destroying watching us try and defend last year, I'm glad he's got the defence in good shape to start the season, poor opposition or not. They only threatened on a couple of set pieces, who would've said that about a Crwho team? We defended from the front and all 11 were excellent defensively.

We should have taken one of our chances really, but that's football. The frustrating thing was the chances we did create were good chances where a bit of composure would've have seen us 2 or 3 up. The style of play was pleasing and we controlled the game from start to finish. Not worried about our goalscoring yet. We've only played 90 out of 4140 minutes in the league season. Maybe if we haven't improved on that score by the end of August then I'll start worrying.

Lot of positives to take out of the game for me. Doesn't look like the same for everyone on here though!

Is it not spam if you say the same thing in a lot of cases off topic on virtually every thread you contribute to?

Anyway all this is off topic. Crewe vrs Vale post match which was more than a sell out from a Vale perspective so 'nowt to see here' for this game.

It would depend on the comments and if they were invited [amongst other things]... Im not entirely convinced the comments [in the main] are off topic.... perhaps a little tenuous in places

Did you go? It's just your comments look like a hash of stuff on here and P&G.

For me:

Purkiss was superb

Dicko was tremendous- my Crewe supporting mate said he'd be gob smacked if he saw a better LB performance this season.

Grant is my new hero. I can't remember the last time we had a defensive midfielder with his passing range

Moore is like a new signing

We need a goal scorer but Crewe defended very well. Ray might be an obnoxious muppet but he was very composed.

Streete is a class above- solid, calm and hard in the tackle.

All in all, I'm very impressed with Page's transfer business but I think we need Ajose or similar. The least he needs to do is not play Dodds as a ten because he's playing too far forward for his skill set

Overall, I'm feeling very positive with the way things went and with the team for the season

Of course I went and had to endure being surrounded by deluded morons like you looking for anything positive to cling onto get real and smell the coffee my comments may seem harsh

But a true assessment of the game from a realist not a dreamer who goes the pub before every match

I've been watching for longer than you and if you check back you will find that I was right about most things , some of which could have made an enormous difference if enough had the nous to listen at the time.

Right about a lot of things off the pitch, particularly under the old regime. Nobody will argue that I don't think.

On the pitch matters, you're the same as the rest of us. A person, with an opinion. I have to say that I found your posts where you'd essentially written off this season way back in May as absurd. Saturday was a massive improvement on a lot of fronts compared to the end of last season.

Of course I went and had to endure being surrounded by deluded morons like you looking for anything positive to cling onto get real and smell the coffee my comments may seem harsh

But a true assessment of the game from a realist not a dreamer who goes the pub before every match

No your comment are not from a realist. Your a wum trying to get bites.

Archived