onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale Supporters Club - Robbie's Proxy

andy jones

Advert

Finally!

Does this mean Sims can now get to see the books??

I might be wrong, but don't the books have to be with the club accountants as from today/tomorrow, as it is the end of the financial year, if so there will be a further delay in Marks team looking at the books.

I see the club wanting written proof of Robbie’s sponsorship as yet another delaying tactic. Surely proof of sponsorship would only be required once Mark had agreed to join the Board after completion of satisfactory due diligence, at this stage signing of a confidentiality agreement should be enough.

If they had wanted Mark on the Board they would be happy to sell him shares to enable that to happen, but surely they would not have insisted that he buy them before his due diligence had being completed, So why insist on seeing Robbie's sponsership now.

Just another example of this Board "having ago at the fans & shareholders who happen to disagree with them"

I see the club wanting written proof of Robbie’s sponsorship as yet another delaying tactic. Surely proof of sponsorship would only be required once Mark had agreed to join the Board after completion of satisfactory due diligence, at this stage signing of a confidentiality agreement should be enough.

If they had wanted Mark on the Board they would be happy to sell him shares to enable that to happen, but surely they would not have insisted that he buy them before his due diligence had being completed, So why insist on seeing Robbie's sponsership now.

Just another example of this Board "having ago at the fans & shareholders who happen to disagree with them"

pretty much echos my thoughts above, totally agree

Excellent news

May I also add that if the blub had any intention of working with Simms then they would have allowed him to do his due dilligence taking both Simms and the supporters club word that the proxy was on its way. They chose not to, shame on the club.

Absolutely spot on!

I might be wrong, but don't the books have to be with the club accountants as from today/tomorrow, as it is the end of the financial year, if so there will be a further delay in Marks team looking at the books.

It is unusual for books to be required dead on the year end unless you are a PLC requiring rapid closure. You have to wait a little while to ensure all documents (bank statements, invoices etc) have been received too. It is also good practice to review documents dated just after the year end too (Essential in audit cases). Marks work will not necessarily be tied to the year end.

And in passing (and I am not suggesting that anything untoward has happenned, other people are playing guessing games -this is a factual statement to help their understanding) even if Mark signs a confidentiality agreement his accountants will be bound by The Money Laundering Regulations etc (these regulations are more wide ranging than their title suggests).

When Pratt reads this thread he's gonna be hell of a busy booking doctors, dentists, eye tests, holidays abroad, you name it ANYTHING but let Mark into the books!? SOME would say he lied some months back when he said that ANYONE could look in them!?...............

Very well put.....in a nutshell.

Archived