onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

James McClean

For Us All

So do you respect the Beliefs of Farage, The Chinese, People who don't like immigrants, Conservatives, George Osbourne et all?

The Chinese?!?! Where has that come from?

I respect their right to have those beliefs, just as I have a right to state that those views disgust me. I'm not calling for those views to be censored or banned, as foul as I find them.

Advert

I respect their right to have those beliefs, just as I have a right to state that those views disgust me. I'm not calling for those views to be censored or banned, as foul as I find them.

I thought you'd be well in to their human rights thing.

But that means oasis has a right to be disgusted at McClean, nothing wrong there

He's not 'ardently anti-British'. Did you not read the quote? He's anti certain things committed by certain British soldiers in his home town. I think he is a principled man and should be respected for that. Certainly a lot braver than the chumps singing **** the IRA or whatever they witter on about.

He was born in Northern Ireland, is British by birth, played for the Northern Ireland U21 team but then refused to play for the senior team because he wanted to play for the Republic. He clearly does not want to be British but wants to earn his living here. That's hypercritical as far as I'm concerned.

I thought you'd be well in to their human rights thing.

But that means oasis has a right to be disgusted at McClean, nothing wrong there

teenvaliant, thankyou, my point exactly, im glad somebody on here understands what i mean, yukon with his 'i bet you like britain first comments' mr hobblesworth with his the british way is to respect everyones beliefs comments, mclean isnt respecting my beliefs so why should i ignore and respect his!

no but the way your coming accross is........its ok for mclean to be the way he is, and any comments anybody makes they should have to ignore him and apparantly the british way is to accept his beliefs, can you please very kindly post a link stating where the british way of life means respect what others believe?

He was born in Northern Ireland, is British by birth, played for the Northern Ireland U21 team but then refused to play for the senior team because he wanted to play for the Republic. He clearly does not want to be British but wants to earn his living here. That's hypercritical as far as I'm concerned.

I assume your silence in response to this post implies consent, Mr H?!!

I'd be absolutely gutted if he played for us. He's a hypocritical ******* who should **** off back to Ireland.

This is spot on. The written press over here were appalled by his behavior during the pre season and it's worth noting that the MLS would not have let him take to the field had it been the stars and stripes he disrespected. The guy is a first rate moron and those defending him disgust me.

I assume your silence in response to this post implies consent, Mr H?!!

Not at all! I don't think there's a discussion in there though. I don't find it hypocritical to work in a country that you do not wish to become a national of, nor do I think it hypocritical to choose to work in a country that you have an historic grievance with. If anyone is hypocritical, it's the fans who abused him throughout the game and then get upset when he goads them in defeat.

Not at all! I don't think there's a discussion in there though. I don't find it hypocritical to work in a country that you do not wish to become a national of, nor do I think it hypocritical to choose to work in a country that you have an historic grievance with. If anyone is hypocritical, it's the fans who abused him throughout the game and then get upset when he goads them in defeat.

It was actually the Sunderland players whose reaction was the issue rather than the fans. His behaviour was extremely provocative and almost caused a serious problem on the pitch. If he can't take abuse from opposition fans he shouldn't be playing football. He could have just responded on Twitter and explained how delighted he was to see the Sunderland fans go home disappointed rather than act like a stupid kid on the pitch. He is a man of principle after all!

Also, if what your claim is correct, he doesn't have a grievance with a country - he has one with half a dozen Paras who were sent into a situation where a sledgehammer was being used to crack a nut and they over reacted with appalling consequences. I'm surprised the people of the West Midlands accept him in their midst after what happened in Birmingham in '74. They, however, are sensible enough to realise that not every Irishman is an IRA bomber. McClean seems unable to accept that there were errors on both sides in the Troubles and holding grudges in the way he does is the reason why cities like Londonderry are still segregated in terms of education, employment, housing and the like. Whilst people like McClean persist in living in the past and using past history to justify their continuing prejudices, there will never be true peace in Ireland.

oh sweet jesus christ, please tell me why? why should i stop? because god forbid YOU dont like what im saying? or that OPINION is coming accross to aggressive for your liking? why? tell me why i should stop, what gives you any rights to tell anybody to stop ? if YOU clearly do not like like what i post on here, the forum, do not quote anything i put

Are you for real? You claimed not wearing a poppy was as bad as rape.

Archived