onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Weekly TV Highlights

vog

Advert

Putting aside the sense of pride we might feel from seeing the Vale on a regular TV channel, you can watch way more highlights on Valiant World. You have access to all games, all season, plus full interviews with players and coaching staff and commentaries (e.g. when you are out of range of Radio Stoke). For less than 40 quid, it's a bargain.

Or Mark "Clem" Clemmit and his deeply-patronising nonsense?

I won't be missing that. Everytime it seems to be - let's go to a "little" League club and smile knowingly while hoping to find a funny little story to latch onto. There have been events like Blackpool's melt-down last season or even our period of anti-board protests but in Clem's blinkered world, those are stories to be avoided because it's always preferable to go for some cheesy human interest angle. You can almost imagine him ringing up clubs and saying "Hi, have you got any 'characters' I can interview?"

I did find it galling that there was often pompously over-the-top serious feature pieces on the PL with games being "must-win" and results being "disasters" (which is going too far the other way) and yet to Clem and his like, the Football League was a load of little clubs to be seen as funny and quirky. They are not, they mean a great deal to a lot of people.

The broadcaster also really owes it to the audience to treat them like adults and if a club is in crisis, be balanced and cover it. Don't just pretend it isn't happening.

Is there a more dreaded phrase on TV or Radio than "Lets see what people are sayng on Social media"? If I wanted to know that If Liverpool score more goals than United I'll think they'll win,then I'd go to F'in' Social media. Drives me mad. Just show the highlights.It's like radio phone-ins. 90% of callers start with "I didn't go today but..........".

I won't be missing that. Everytime it seems to be - let's go to a "little" League club and smile knowingly while hoping to find a funny little story to latch onto. There have been events like Blackpool's melt-down last season or even our period of anti-board protests but in Clem's blinkered world, those are stories to be avoided because it's always preferable to go for some cheesy human interest angle. You can almost imagine him ringing up clubs and saying "Hi, have you got any 'characters' I can interview?"

I did find it galling that there was often pompously over-the-top serious feature pieces on the PL with games being "must-win" and results being "disasters" (which is going too far the other way) and yet to Clem and his like, the Football League was a load of little clubs to be seen as funny and quirky. They are not, they mean a great deal to a lot of people.

The broadcaster also really owes it to the audience to treat them like adults and if a club is in crisis, be balanced and cover it. Don't just pretend it isn't happening.

I'm pretty sure the last time he was at Vale Park he asked a bemused Valeite "So what's it like being a Port Vale fan?" !!

I wish the fan had said "Well it's better than being a phoney berk" !!

We will never get full match coverage with our flood lights the two floodlights on the railway stand side only had about 15 between them working what happened to we are putting new bulbs in also the new second hand pillar at the Lorne street is still not in place the lights under the lorne street stand for supporters where brighter than the flood light in the bycars corner you end up watching the match in semi darkness.

Archived