onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Squad size

mr.hobblesworth

I really do think we will be playing a 4-2-3-1 system next season hopefully with a pacey front man. If the footballs more attractive and were picking up points it's all win win. We played some nice football at the start of our promotion season with morsey and burge in center mid. Hopefully we start to see more of that.

Advert

I do wonder if we are thinking of playing 4.2.3.1 next year.

Grant alongside O'Connor in front of a new back four, with three lads behind a loan striker. Page played this a lot last year when Pope was out.

Foley, Kelly, Dodds & Moore can probably all play as one of the three. It's just if we have enough goals in the team.

That's the way football is going and I think you're right that is Page's plan. 2 of the 3 player behind the main striker need to hit double figures. If you look around the leagues now its not uncommon for the centre forward to be the lowest scoring of the 4 attacking players. I think Moore has double figure potential and Foley has a decent scoring record. Dodds is the conundrum as he is a good finisher but for whatever reason doesn't seem to ghost in to goal scoring positions often enough to get a decent tally - its not the chances he misses its not getting in position to miss enough chances.

I do wonder if we are thinking of playing 4.2.3.1 next year.

Grant alongside O'Connor in front of a new back four, with three lads behind a loan striker. Page played this a lot last year when Pope was out.

Foley, Kelly, Dodds & Moore can probably all play as one of the three. It's just if we have enough goals in the team.

I'm certain that's the way we will go, i think we will line up like this;

Neal

Purkiss

Inniss (if he signs)

Streete

Dickinson

O'connor

Grant

Kelly

Foley

Moore

New striker

I'm certain that's the way we will go, i think we will line up like this;

Neal

Purkiss

Inniss (if he signs)

Streete

Dickinson

O'connor

Grant

Kelly

Foley

Moore

New striker

Yes, I'm thinking along very similar lines, except I think it will be 4-3-2-1, a little more defensive. Foley as part of the defensive midfield 3. The attacking midfield 2, Moore for certain and then a choice between Dodds and Kelly.

We'll definitely be playing 3 in midfield. O'Connor is a definite starter, and we won't have signed both Foley and Grant for one to sit on the bench.

Lines will go to Bristol for a small fee, and Brown will be used as back up when one of them get injured (and focus more on coaching).

Archived