onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slippy's farewell.

Howjy04

Advert

A very good player and a one club man over many years.

I think he's been a wonderful servant for Liverpool FC and deserves a great send off.

You don't get many loyal ones any more.

Why should he join Chelsea? He already plays for the greatest team in the world - in his eyes - Liverpool.

A very good player and a one club man over many years.

I think he's been a wonderful servant for Liverpool FC and deserves a great send off.

You don't get many loyal ones any more.

Why should he join Chelsea? He already plays for the greatest team in the world - in his eyes - Liverpool.

Agreed. As he said Sunday, winning those trophies with Liverpool meant more than any trophy he would have won with Chelsea. He never moved abroad for the same reason. What would the point be in winning Serie A or La Liga be if it means nothing to you compared to a Premier League. Alright he's failed at winning the title over here, but that's really not down to him (Apart from the slip, obviously)

Stoke fans are REALLY REALLY looking forward to his last game in English Football being at the Brit so they can ruin the final day of his career in England. One of the greatest players for Liverpool and in the English game ever, and they can't wait to destroy it. Even Chelsea fans gave him a standing ovation Sunday. They've got the opportunity to be respectful, to be fair and to be honourable a week Sunday. Instead they'll boo, scream and sing songs that aren't even theirs to try and look like the big men. It sums up to me what Stoke fans are really

Lol! One game I wouldn't mind Stoke winning to dampen all this daft hysteria :laugh:

All together now stripeys... Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He slipped on his *****ing ****. He gave it to Demba Ba. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard.

Mark Grew has left Vale, Gerrard is leaving English football. I wonder who you will vent your childish anger & hatred at next????

Gerrard has been one of the finest footballers in the world in a generation. Consistantly.

Being English you would think we would all appreciate this. But in true, typical English style, we dont and probably wont realise just how good he was for years to come.

For me Gerrards legacy will be defined by captaining our country, single handedly winning the fa cup against West Ham, putting in a performance anda half when we beat the germans 5-1 and THAT Champions league win, in which Liverpool would never have got to that final had it not been for him.

Im no fan of Liverpool but Gerrard has been one of the best to ever pull on an England shirt.

Its sad that the opening poster decides to entitle him in the thread as "Slippy"

But then, thats what us English do isnt it? Build them up to knock them down.

Quite pathetic really.

Gerrard has been one of the finest footballers in the world in a generation. Consistantly.

Being English you would think we would all appreciate this. But in true, typical English style, we dont and probably wont realise just how good he was for years to come.

For me Gerrards legacy will be defined by captaining our country, single handedly winning the fa cup against West Ham, putting in a performance anda half when we beat the germans 5-1 and THAT Champions league win, in which Liverpool would never have got to that final had it not been for him.

Im no fan of Liverpool but Gerrard has been one of the best to ever pull on an England shirt.

Its sad that the opening poster decides to entitle him in the thread as "Slippy"

But then, thats what us English do isnt it? Build them up to knock them down.

Quite pathetic really.

Sometimes called 'The Tall Poppy Syndrome' bon ami :yes:

I'm not sure Gerrard would get in an 18 man squad of players I've seen play for England, ST. Gascoigne, Lampard, Ince, Platt would all get in ahead of Gerrard in the last 20 years. Fine player for Liverpool, particularly in the second half of the last decade, underachiever for England.

Mark Grew has left Vale, Gerrard is leaving English football. I wonder who you will vent your childish anger & hatred at next????

Good to see someone else has him sussed.

Oh don't worry, he probably has a list as long as his arm. Tom Pope is probably his next big target. Then Rob Page, who he has already had a go at without realising the irony of snivelling up to Smurf, who gave RP the 2 year contract. Then it'll be anyone we sign. A real asset to positivity is our ex-referee expert.

Archived