onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slippy's farewell.

Howjy04

Advert

Youre the first person ive heard calling him "slippy"

To suggest Gerrard is one of the best to wear an England shirt is my opinion.

Oh, and i am 35. Yes, i have been watching Vale way too long. But i can spell "Quite"!

Enjoy your night.

But not "I've" ;)

I wonder what the opinion of some Vale fans would be if Gerrard had started as a youngster with Vale and moved to Liverpool ca. age 17-18 and had the same career.

Paulo, I would give the man due respect no matter where he started his football career :yes:

It's going to be an emotional day for him today :)

Paulo, I would give the man due respect no matter where he started his football career :yes:

And when he comes back on loan to Liverpool it will be like the second coming for the Dippers and they'll all be on the phone to the Vatican saying they've witnessed a miracle.I wonder if flowers will be left at The Shankly Gates ?

I wonder what the opinion of some Vale fans would be if Gerrard had started as a youngster with Vale and moved to Liverpool ca. age 17-18 and had the same career.

We'd have said 'He had a promising career but chose to go downhill.':)

Well, at least there are two of us singing from the same hymn sheet. ;)

He's been a wonderful player and servant for Liverpool and for England over many years and one wonders in the future how many players will achieve what he's done for one club and for his country.

I wonder what people's opinions of him had been had he actually helped win something for England and won the championship. Frank Lampard leaves the country next week. Why no mass hysteria over him after all he has won a number of championships, scored more goals and had more assists?

I wonder what people's opinions of him had been had he actually helped win something for England and won the championship. Frank Lampard leaves the country next week. Why no mass hysteria over him after all he has won a number of championships' date=' scored more goals and had more assists?[/quote']

The one thing missing on Gerrard's cv for England, if only a couple of refereeing decisions had gone the other way, a penalty had gone in, a manager could have solved the Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes puzzle and oh if Giggs had chosen England. Lampard is a great player but he played in a team backed by a billionaire who was prepared to put money willy nilly into Chelski.

I wonder what people's opinions of him had been had he actually helped win something for England and won the championship. Frank Lampard leaves the country next week. Why no mass hysteria over him after all he has won a number of championships' date=' scored more goals and had more assists?[/quote']

The big difference for me is he has for much of his time had to carry a club and a city where expectations far outweigh the talent and investment in the club. Istanbul and the following years FA Cup final are just 2 shining examples.

He's a shadow of the player he was, and the time is right for him to bow out. He should not return as he will only tarnish the memories.

Archived