onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

What the **** page? How are birchall and Williamson worthy of a new deal?!!! The likes of Lloyd who never get given a chance why has a Neal deal been offered. I'm disgusted by today's decision and proves everything I thought about page. League 2 here we come.

Advert

Just about sums-up the Club in every way.

The season finished a week ago and it looks like next season has too.

Pathetic.

Totally agree Alan.

Page should have been a politician, says one thing, then does another!

Not bought our x2 season tickets yet, hard for me to walk after 39 years but this will be a close run thing.

Frankly the players are not good enough and at least x10 should have gone along with Grew.

The inevitable will happen. I now know the club and Norman does not share ambitions of football at a higher level.

This move will ensure we will soon become a League 2 club again, perhaps worse. Not moaning, not doom and gloom, just an honest assessment of where we are.

Not happy, far from it.

Page says they got the deals because they got them out of two relegation scraps. Well wake up rob! They got us into them in the first place! I thought this season you wanted to put your own stamp on matters same as you wanted to experiment last week. He's all talk, we will sign 4 average players who just work hard and fight to stay up all season

His interview doesn't stack up either.

Apparently we don't have the budget to release players out of contract? Doesn't cost anything you *****.

Also if they all sign that's 23 players plus 4/5 others he wants leaves a squad of 28, too many you *****!

These 4/5 new players are going to have to be bliddy cheap if they are simply replacing Robertson, Nimley and Mohammed's wages. Either that or he's offered people like Dodds and Yates 50p a week to be cheerleaders!

#pageout

I'm very surprised, but we need to wait and see what the first XI looks like in August.

I'm sure that a handful will go. The money they've been offered will be less and they'll probably prefer regular first team football in the Midland Alliance. Sorry, I mean the Second Division.

I'm equally convinced that 2-3 on contracts for next season will also go. It wouldn't surprise me to see deals struck so that the likes of Lines, Duffy and McGivern depart.

That will give the Club more room. And if the 3 'stars' go then there's even more space for new players.

He said that he wants at least 5 new players and I'm assuming that they are first team players not youngsters.

I'm a bit surprised that he's got 3 goalkeepers. Lloyd has been nowhere near the first XI and should have gone.

And for me it was either Veseli or Yates but not both. Maybe Veseli won't stay because he must have been on a fair wedge at Ipswich which I doubt we've matched and perhaps that's why his contract was only until the summer.

I'm in a minority of one but see why he might want to keep Dodds, Birchall & Williamson - as squad players.

Remember some of these lads got us to the fringes of the play-offs and with 4-5 better players around them they might look better players.

Underwhelmed and surprised sums up my feelings but I'm sure there are at least 5 new players on their way here and rest assured quite a few offered deals won't stay for peanuts and they'll be off.

I reserve judgment until August but I can understand why the knives are out this morning.

A total joke. Birchall and Williamson?! I spent most games laughing at those two last season just to stop myself crying.

I feel disgusted, angry, robbed, conned, the lot this morning.

I haven't renewed yet. Had an St for 20 years. I've never felt more disillusioned. Everything about us at the moment is bull ****

The thing that bothers me is when the September review shows him up to be an incompetent buffoon and he is gladly removed, the new manager is going to have a whole load of dross to deal with. Very disappointed.

My thoughts exactly, new manager who will say 'this isn't my squad of players' seems like Groundhog Day to me!

Why the **** have you done this Norman?!

You can say it's the managers decision but you ****ing must have known he'd do this!

The noises were all the right ones, new back room, big clear out and reorganisation.

And then this?!

I am FUMING!!!!!!!!

Totally bemused.

If you are a Chairman who has doubts over the appointment you are meaningful you don't give him a long term deal. So the rid in September threat simply isn't true.

If you are a new Manager who says these aren't my players but you then offer them all new contracts then they are your players.

Now what was that New Labour theme tune?

Archived