onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nigel Pearson.

Nigel seems to be courting publicity this season for all the wrong reasons,firstly he gets fined £10,000 for abusing a Leicester fan,he then grabs Crystal Palace player James McArthur by the throat in another touchline incident, and now he has another rant at a reporter after this weeks loss to Chelsea by calling him an 'ostrich',for which he has since apologised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32524339

His latest rant at BBC Sports Pat Murphy is also worth a watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32543893

Views and opinions please.

Advert

Thought that Pat Murphy was phishing for an argument and his comment "The media spend a lot of money on coverage and you are well paid for it don't you think you should give the media more respect?"

The media's job is to report. That's it. Alex Ferguson was far worse against the media and did of course impose an ban on himself from speaking to the BBC as well as telling particular journalists to leave press conferences. Nobody ever thought the pressure was getting to him!

Thought that Pat Murphy was phishing for an argument and his comment "The media spend a lot of money on coverage and you are well paid for it don't you think you should give the media more respect?"

The media's job is to report. That's it. Alex Ferguson was far worse against the media and did of course impose an ban on himself from speaking to the BBC as well as telling particular journalists to leave press conferences. Nobody ever thought the pressure was getting to him!

I like Pat Murphy - never shirks from asking the awkward questions.

From what I've seen, his line of questioning has brought about some really divisive comments - it was either "good old-fashioned journalism" or he's just as much of a bully as Pearson was.

Personally, I think his "anger management" comment was borderline but, in fairness, Pearson's comment to Ian Baker Re: being flexible was blatantly personal so "what goes around...".

Also, Baker handled that comment from Pearson far more professionally than Pearson handled Murphy's "anger" question.

What Murphy stopped short of saying (for obvious reasons) was "Nigel, you really don't give a ****, do you?" and I think it's that attitude which riles the journo's more than anything else - makes the apology worthless.

An apology AND an explanation as to why he said what he did would have been much better.

I felt a bit sorry for 'Ian the ostrich' whoever he is?:cry:

The pathetic question from the reporter got what it deserved - Nigel Pearson is a very talented, passionate manager who has done a wonderful job in getting Leicester as far as they are, and will make a superb manager at a bigger club before long. Twits - oh I may have spelled that wrongly - who poke wasps nests deserve to get stung.

The pathetic question from the reporter got what it deserved - Nigel Pearson is a very talented, passionate manager who has done a wonderful job in getting Leicester as far as they are, and will make a superb manager at a bigger club before long. Twits - oh I may have spelled that wrongly - who poke wasps nests deserve to get stung.

All the same, it was a VERY innocuous question which certainly didn't warrant the reaction it got.

Pearson said that his players he been criticised unfairly.

Now, if you're a reporter and you don't think that's correct, it's perfectly normal that you're going to ask him to specify what criticism he's referring to.

All the same, it was a VERY innocuous question which certainly didn't warrant the reaction it got.

Pearson said that his players he been criticised unfairly.

Now, if you're a reporter and you don't think that's correct, it's perfectly normal that you're going to ask him to specify what criticism he's referring to.

I'm sorry I can't agree - having had experience of sports desk mentality for national media outlets and had a large number of football related articles printed I have seen reporters who have been sent with instructions to provoke certain managers, especially when their team has lost and they are vulnerable and likely to be emotional.

This reporter should have done his homework - anyone reporting on football knows only too well that Leicester and their players have had criticism, and if he didn't know what that criticism was, he shouldn't be in that job reporting on Leicester, simple as that. I am well aware of it and I neither support the club or work in that field now.

The question was delivered in a loaded way - and the reporter and his employers will be delighted that they provoked the response they got. If he thinks that was difficult he should have tried talking to Brian Clough in his day or more recently Sir Al 'charming' Ferguson, and on a bad day perhaps Micky Adams or one or two others.

I'm sorry I can't agree - having had experience of sports desk mentality for national media outlets and had a large number of football related articles printed I have seen reporters who have been sent with instructions to provoke certain managers, especially when their team has lost and they are vulnerable and likely to be emotional.

This reporter should have done his homework - anyone reporting on football knows only too well that Leicester and their players have had criticism, and if he didn't know what that criticism was, he shouldn't be in that job reporting on Leicester, simple as that. I am well aware of it and I neither support the club or work in that field now.

The question was delivered in a loaded way - and the reporter and his employers will be delighted that they provoked the response they got. If he thinks that was difficult he should have tried talking to Brian Clough in his day or more recently Sir Al 'charming' Ferguson, and on a bad day perhaps Micky Adams or one or two others.

I'd be daft to argue over any personal experience that you've had - I can't doubt you one way or the other on that.

The point that Murphy was making was that there has been little criticism of the players this season; the general opinion being that they had been unlucky and hadn't had the rub of the green.

The only one who had been the subject of any prolonged criticism was Pearson himself and he could hardly be surprised about that given everything that he's done.

So, when the question "can you specify what criticism" was asked, to react in that way was just reprehensible.

Completely disagree. It is never ever acceptable to try and publicly belittle someone in the manner that Pearson did, doesn't matter who you are show some respect it's just human decency. I think he realises that to which is why he apologised, although not sure if it was after his employers intervened.........

It was like the preliminaries for a boxing match. You could feel the tension crackling.

What Pearson said was totally out of order but I credit him for apologising the next day.

Murphy revisited the case and just made it even worse.

I don't think anyone came out of it well. Adams was often a bit touchy in post-match interviews but he never went that far.

Completely disagree. It is never ever acceptable to try and publicly belittle someone in the manner that Pearson did, doesn't matter who you are show some respect it's just human decency. I think he realises that to which is why he apologised, although not sure if it was after his employers intervened.........

Agreed.

Archived