onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman are you watching

johntt

NEGATIVITY thats all you get,all the time.If its that bad for you don't go,stay at home or go support the *****.Norman Lowe was my first manager and believe me i've seen some bad games over the years but i'm still here buying my season ticket for another year.True vale fans support whatever,whenever.good or bad times.Optimism is in my vocabulary.

Thats commendable but unless we can survive on 3000ish gates we need to offer a better experience for those who want something more in return.

Advert

My point is that a number of people on this forum, yourself included, have constantly said that certain players in our squad are rubbish. Of those in your list Dickinson was considered unfit to wear the shirt for much of the season. Dodds would never be a League One footballer. Veseli was a hopeless fullback. Neal was a dreadful keeper (FBS). Brown was too old. Pope was only good in League Two. I could go on.

My point is that folk on here - myself included - would have no idea at all how to manage a professional football club but seem to think it's fine to tell the bloke in the job that he's useless. I had it all the time in my working life - everyone has been in a classroom so they all think they know how to do a teacher's job. Everyone on here has been to a match so they all think they know how to manage the team. We don't. We can express our opinions of course but quite frankly, put anyone off this message board in charge of Vale and we would be relegated before Christmas - or probably November in my case!

May as well close the forum then, part of the joy of footy is talking about it and giving an opinon. If we arent allowed that then half the funs has gone. Lets face it watching it wasnt much fun for much of this season was it? Talking about it has been though.

Thats commendable but unless we can survive on 3000ish gates we need to offer a better experience for those who want something more in return.

Sad but true- not everyone has blind faith and the majority want to be entertained.

REP is right too- three administrations would be absolutely ridiculous

For me we need to live within our means.

I quite agree but we also have to improve, otherwise the means will deteriorate and it continues in a decreasing spiral.

I suppose the trick is not to overspend but to spend wisely... easily said I know... improve what you have without increasing the cost and offer some entertainment, spirit and passion in the game.

I quite agree but we also have to improve, otherwise the means will deteriorate and it continues in a decreasing spiral.

I suppose the trick is not to overspend but to spend wisely... easily said I know... improve what you have without increasing the cost and offer some entertainment, spirit and passion in the game.

I tink your point is very much in keeping with the idea a number on here hold that there should be less players of a higher quality. If you look at QPR, Fernandes & Hughes bought every old codger who'd been famous for a bit, had a massive squad but yet still struggled.

May as well close the forum then, part of the joy of footy is talking about it and giving an opinon. If we arent allowed that then half the funs has gone. Lets face it watching it wasnt much fun for much of this season was it? Talking about it has been though.

I don't think it has. There's nothing interesting most of the time on here, just a barrage of negativity, bitterness and even abuse. If Page stays, even if we do well next season, the same old people will be wating in the wings just itching to rip him to shreds. Just like the same old people are just dying to lay in to Norman at every step.

I don't think it has. There's nothing interesting most of the time on here, just a barrage of negativity, bitterness and even abuse. If Page stays, even if we do well next season, the same old people will be wating in the wings just itching to rip him to shreds. Just like the same old people are just dying to lay in to Norman at every step.

when we have something positive to talk about most of the posts will change,the results over the season have mostly been dire which has reflected in our league position,if page stays then he must think positive,setting up a team not to lose and then losing is not the way forward.

If you compare the negative threads to the positive ones, the criticisms of the bad times with the comments during that good run we had, people condemning and insulting the chairman with the ones praising him for putting more money in to the club than anyone in years, the negative massively outweigh the positive.

I tried to do something positive and get a 'bring a friend day' thread off the ground; it got 24 replies. A thread criticising the club for the envelopes it used got 82.

If you compare the negative threads to the positive ones, the criticisms of the bad times with the comments during that good run we had, people condemning and insulting the chairman with the ones praising him for putting more money in to the club than anyone in years, the negative massively outweigh the positive.

I tried to do something positive and get a 'bring a friend day' thread off the ground; it got 24 replies. A thread criticising the club for the envelopes it used got 82.

The answer is staring you in the face. We should have a "Criticize a friend, bring an envelope" day.

Dont give me that Mr H, you love it as much as the rest of us do. Anyway your doing a fair bit of moaning yourself, us poor supporters pay our money and work hard at this moaning so give us some respect :D

Archived