onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman are you watching

johntt

As I pointed out elsewhere, Page must be a ****** genius if he has had a squad full of players who aren't even decent League 1 squad players yet he's managed to keep them up in League 1?

Well how does that make sense? Was adams a genius as well?

Just because we have quite a few in the squad who arent league 1 standard dosent mean the majority of our players arent....

Neal

Veseli

Robertson

McGivern

Collins

Dickinson

Marshall

Moore

Brown

Oconnor

Coulibaly

Pope

Dodds

ect....

All of those mentioned are good enough for league 1, some first team some in the squad, so your point is pretty void...

Also quite a few are very good league 1 players...

Advert

Just general observation, Melv. I dare say 80% of the most vocalist on here never go. I would say for instance that you go a good majority of the games home and away? Based on your posts. There are plenty of posters on here that never post about the games just general bile about anything at all negative about the club.

There are a few but not 80%, most will probably listen to vale every week to be fair as well. Ive been around 30 odd this season but havent been since the Preston match.

Well how does that make sense? Was adams a genius as well?

Just because we have quite a few in the squad who arent league 1 standard dosent mean the majority of our players arent....

Neal

Veseli

Robertson

McGivern

Collins

Dickinson

Marshall

Moore

Brown

Oconnor

Coulibaly

Pope

Dodds

ect....

All of those mentioned are good enough for league 1, some first team some in the squad, so your point is pretty void...

Also quite a few are very good league 1 players...

My point is that a number of people on this forum, yourself included, have constantly said that certain players in our squad are rubbish. Of those in your list Dickinson was considered unfit to wear the shirt for much of the season. Dodds would never be a League One footballer. Veseli was a hopeless fullback. Neal was a dreadful keeper (FBS). Brown was too old. Pope was only good in League Two. I could go on.

My point is that folk on here - myself included - would have no idea at all how to manage a professional football club but seem to think it's fine to tell the bloke in the job that he's useless. I had it all the time in my working life - everyone has been in a classroom so they all think they know how to do a teacher's job. Everyone on here has been to a match so they all think they know how to manage the team. We don't. We can express our opinions of course but quite frankly, put anyone off this message board in charge of Vale and we would be relegated before Christmas - or probably November in my case!

My point is that a number of people on this forum, yourself included, have constantly said that certain players in our squad are rubbish. Of those in your list Dickinson was considered unfit to wear the shirt for much of the season. Dodds would never be a League One footballer. Veseli was a hopeless fullback. Neal was a dreadful keeper (FBS). Brown was too old. Pope was only good in League Two. I could go on.

My point is that folk on here - myself included - would have no idea at all how to manage a professional football club but seem to think it's fine to tell the bloke in the job that he's useless. I had it all the time in my working life - everyone has been in a classroom so they all think they know how to do a teacher's job. Everyone on here has been to a match so they all think they know how to manage the team. We don't. We can express our opinions of course but quite frankly, put anyone off this message board in charge of Vale and we would be relegated before Christmas - or probably November in my case!

Well obviously, Page is qualified in this profession and were not, he will clearly do a far better job than us. I agree people on here (me included) do say members of the squad is rubbish.

For me the few that stick out are:

Birchall

Duffy

Williamson

Those three arent good enough.

Dicko and Dodds I personally dont think are too great either, although both have been decent of late, but they are still decent squad players, Veseli looks a real promising centre back but weak on the right, Pope is a decent league 1 striker, I give him stick on here because of the amount of praise he constantly gets; many think hes the best in the league, hes just a decent league 1 player, Neal and Brown are excellent.

my money's just as good as yours Mario and if your happy with the bilge water that's been served up this season then the best of british.

Read the " Form since Page took over " Thread and stop being a knee jerker:yes:

Read the " Form since Page took over " Thread and stop being a knee jerker:yes:

We have just won our first match in 10, in which we lost to Oldham, Crawley and Colchester at home, and Orient away, whilst playing some pretty dire negative stuff. It certainly isnt knee jerk.

Maybe Smurf should take a trip down to Bournemouth and see their business plan,as they've done the lower leagues proud !!Premier League from nowhere!!!!!

So little is known of Bournemouth's mystery Russian billionaire owner, Maxim Demin, he could wander through the town centre and not be recognised.

It would be nice if those who were demanding Campion be in the starting eleven could find it within themselves to agree with Page's view that he isn't quite there yet.

Yeah I can agree with that, he isnt there yet, although he did impress me against MK dons. Still he surely deserved a chance (or a striker brought in on loan) with the baron spell our forwards went through at that time.

Archived