onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Contracts

just listened to mark grew on radio stoke coming out with all the usual clichés .... the season isn't over ( actually it is mark it was over when we lost the last 3 games) players playing for their futures ( mark the players were playing for their futures from the first game of the season not the last 6 or 7)

anyway it got me thinking, who would you like to most keep hold of, and who would you like to see the back of?

I personally think there are at LEAST 7 players in the squad who I class as deadwood and have done for 2 years now, we know who they are , they aren't good enough for league 1. They just don't turn up in a lot of games and im sure keeping hold of them will hurt season ticket sales next season. I Think we need to ship them out in the summer regardless of results in our remaining games as too many times they've gone missing this season.

Advert

The reality is of the out of contract players we cant afford to keep Pope on the contract hes on now & it looks almost certain hes going. Marshall id love to keep & ditto Oconnor.

After that bar Dodds i would like to see the back of all the defence bar versali, in midfield we are fairly woeful, up front id keep campion & ruddy play him.

We have a number of very promising young players who deserve an opportunity to playso they would be included & the team built around them.

What will likely happen is we will resign dross like robertson, yates et al & with snail paced duffy still under contract it will likely be more of the same

I hate it when they come out and say there playing for their future. They should be doing that every single time they put the vale top on, not just when it comes down to the last few games! Perform well over the season and you wouldn't have to prove yourself in the last few games.

For me;

Yates

Robertson

Duffy

Dickinson

Lines

Pope

Williamson

Birchall

All gone by next season, Duffy and dicko probably either a mutual termination or a long loan.

Players I would keep: Neal Veseli O'connor Marshall Pope Campion Moore Doddsy.

For me these are the players who have just looked interested this season who actually look like 'they are playing for their futures.' Just a question though... Why are they apparently playing for their futures in the final part of the season...

I think we'll be seeing the back of the likes of Duffy, Yates, Lines, Birchall, and maybe Robertson (though he's played a lot recently so not sure on that). There's a good chance Pope will leave despite us offering him a deal.

Note, this isn't who I think will be go, but who I think Page will release, based on who has played recently etc.

Note, this isn't who I think will be go, but who I think Page will release, based on who has played recently etc.

You don't think they will go but you think Page will release them? ;)

Keep Neal, Johnson, Veseli, O'Connor, Brown, McGivern, Marshall and then get Innis in and let Page start again getting rid of everyone else if he can and brining 12 new players :)

You don't think they will go but you think Page will release them? ;)

Keep Neal, Johnson, Veseli, O'Connor, Brown, McGivern, Marshall and then get Innis in and let Page start again getting rid of everyone else if he can and brining 12 new players :)

Ha! Sorry, I meant, not who I would like to go, but who I think Page will release.

Yates

Duffy

Robertson

Dickinson

Birchall

Lines

Williamson

Daniel

All the above can go but most importantly Glover and Grew and to be honest probably Page then get Uwe Rosler plus new coaching staff.

Neil

Johnson

Veseli

Inniss

McGivern

Deen-Conteh

O'Connor

Brown

Dodds

Moore

Marshall

Pope

Campion

Andoh

Lloyd

..............just need to replace the eight plus released with four new defenders a couple of centre midfielders and a couple of attackers/strikers.....and Lodey can go as well.

The problem with the above is that Page will get the job and both Grew and Glover will stay as will Lodey.....the players on the almost universal to be got rid of list will stay and it's all matey.....O'Connor will be long gone as will Pope and Marshall and Veseli......season ticket sales will be very poor.

Don't stabd near any bridges in a mood like that!

The problem with the above is that Page will get the job and both Grew and Glover will stay as will Lodey.....the players on the almost universal to be got rid of list will stay and it's all matey.....O'Connor will be long gone as will Pope and Marshall and Veseli......season ticket sales will be very poor.

I assume this is just your view rather than fact as this is very different to what I believe will be happening?

if that scenario comes true then season ticket sales will be non-existant, if page gets the job then unless he wants an ignominious departure aka glover then he must remove the dead wood and start planning for a successful season otherwise we will be in for a long hard lower end relegation threatened slog.:nailbiting::cry::nailbiting:

Archived