onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Contracts

inniss commanded his area so much so that neals lack of height wasn't noticeable, a great pity about inniss's injury we looked promotion material with him in and organizing the defence but we , according to page will have a barnstorming end to the season, we will see?

Advert

i think the must keeps are deffo o connor veseli marshall moore neal and ill throw my hat into the ring and say Robertson (because hes light years ahead of duffy and his reaction to being dropped for weeks and not being even in the squad made him want to force his way back into contention - what a great attitude) and id also like us to keep doddsy and mcgivern as cover. however I believe that unless we chuck a decent contract at o connor he will go and we will have lines and birchall in the middle next year....groan

i think the must keeps are deffo o connor veseli marshall moore neal and ill throw my hat into the ring and say Robertson (because hes light years ahead of duffy and his reaction to being dropped for weeks and not being even in the squad made him want to force his way back into contention - what a great attitude) and id also like us to keep doddsy and mcgivern as cover. however I believe that unless we chuck a decent contract at o connor he will go and we will have lines and birchall in the middle next year....groan

now that is depressing.

OUT:

NEAL

YATES

DUFFY

DICKO

BIRCHALL

DODDS

DANIEL

LINES

WILLIAMSON

I have Neal there because he doesnt inspire confidence coming off his line or commanding his area (goal keeping is more than shot stopping) and his kicking is poor. Plus on occasions this season i dont think the defence has confidence in him, hes also too quiet.

Would also like to see Smurf away from the player recruitment side and instead take advice from Rudgie but leave it mainly to the manager whether not thats page.

Would like to see some new faces on the touchline next year also in the coaching and assistant mngr roles.

OUT:

NEAL

YATES

DUFFY

DICKO

BIRCHALL

DODDS

DANIEL

LINES

WILLIAMSON

I have Neal there because he doesnt inspire confidence coming off his line or commanding his area (goal keeping is more than shot stopping) and his kicking is poor. Plus on occasions this season i dont think the defence has confidence in him, hes also too quiet.

Would also like to see Smurf away from the player recruitment side and instead take advice from Rudgie but leave it mainly to the manager whether not thats page.

Would like to see some new faces on the touchline next year also in the coaching and assistant mngr roles.

I stopped reading after the nonsense regarding Neale

OUT:

NEAL

YATES

DUFFY

DICKO

BIRCHALL

DODDS

DANIEL

LINES

WILLIAMSON

Best option for smurf given the current dire position is get the lot together in a squad meeting including the staff and show them copies of there p45 s to be issued on Friday if we loose again and seal our league one fate. Cus we aint got a prayer of winning any of the other remaining games imho

Best option for smurf given the current dire position is get the lot together in a squad meeting including the staff and show them copies of there p45 s to be issued on Friday if we loose again and seal our league one fate. Cus we aint got a prayer of winning any of the other remaining games imho

At least you're consistent...

Jean I would either loan them out for the season or negotiate . They for me cannot be around the first team next season. Just my humble opinion though not that its worth much in the worl Yukon lives in. :)

Yeh, I was just saying. If we can move some of those lads on I wouldn't object but I'd definitely keep Neal.

Keeps Johnson, Neal, Pope, Marshall, O'Connor, Vessali (probably), Moore.

Of the rest I'm not overly bothered, could see the logic in Dodds but how many years does a player on good money go on being a bit part/nearly player. Williamson is probably on a lowish wage and might be worth keeping as a 3rd choice striker who can also play out wide. Overall I'd rather have a smaller squad and better players than the current size squad with average players. Rudge always operated with a smaller squad ... but was a bit screwed when he had a run of injuries, but we're Port Vale not Chelsea so I think its a risk worth taking. I'd be happy with a realistic first team squad of 18, you don't need a full bench as only 3 players can come on and use the loan system to cover for long-term injuries. If Page wants to move to one up front we desperately need a central midfield player who can score 10-15 goals consistently (Dodds has never managed more than 8 in the league I think, which is why I'm not sure he is the answer).

Jean I would either loan them out for the season or negotiate . They for me cannot be around the first team next season. Just my humble opinion though not that its worth much in the worl Yukon lives in. :)

That is correct. Get rid of Chris Neal :doh:

Archived