onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The manager

werstayinup

Loads of league 1 strikers have a better league 1 goal ratio than pope.

On the dodds point I do agree, in his natural position he's been very good. My only worry with him is that he always seems to pick up around this time of the year. He does need to improve his goal scoring ratio this season though

593 I'm glad that we are in agreement over Doddsie. If he is allowed to play in his best position I'm confident his goal tally will rise. He and O'Connor have a little touch of class which is why every effort should be made to keep them.

Over Pope I fear only a sudden avalanche of goals will convince you of his value to the club. It is interesting to note that before his injury Tom was the L1's second highest goalscorer! Interesting don't you think?

Advert

593 I'm glad that we are in agreement over Doddsie. If he is allowed to play in his best position I'm confident his goal tally will rise. He and O'Connor have a little touch of class which is why every effort should be made to keep them.

Over Pope I fear only a sudden avalanche of goals will convince you of his value to the club. It is interesting to note that before his injury Tom was the L1's second highest goalscorer! Interesting don't you think?

Maybe so, but his tally last season suggests that wouldn't keep going. For me pope has been brilliant but the key word there is has. I think league 1 is pushing it a bit for pope now and for quite a few games (as you say since injury) he's looked a different player. Maybe he's playing with an injury or this injury has had an effect but it has affected his performances. I do think that he is replaceable though, and him leaving would bring a better style of football down the vale. If pope could find that form that got us promoted then we have one of the best in the league, however I don't think he will, not in league 1. As isay with dodds he has improved and been consistent which is unusual for him under page, I just hope it isn't because his contract is up and he's playing for a new one.

Maybe so, but his tally last season suggests that wouldn't keep going. For me pope has been brilliant but the key word there is has. I think league 1 is pushing it a bit for pope now and for quite a few games (as you say since injury) he's looked a different player. Maybe he's playing with an injury or this injury has had an effect but it has affected his performances. I do think that he is replaceable though, and him leaving would bring a better style of football down the vale. If pope could find that form that got us promoted then we have one of the best in the league, however I don't think he will, not in league 1. As isay with dodds he has improved and been consistent which is unusual for him under page, I just hope it isn't because his contract is up and he's playing for a new one.

Pope has been very disappointing for me this season. Yes he had an injury but he seems to spend most if his time moaning about what the rest of the team aren't doing instead of concentrating on his own game. He is too easy to mark and in League 1 he has been found out.

Pope has been very disappointing for me this season. Yes he had an injury but he seems to spend most if his time moaning about what the rest of the team aren't doing instead of concentrating on his own game. He is too easy to mark and in League 1 he has been found out.

He's frustrated I suspect like all Vale supporters.He came back from his surgery to soon for me.

Why not put the three in charge on garden leave and put brown and pope in charge pope noise about player management with the team he runs on Sundays and brown is doing coaching. as the three don't seem to no about management or coaching players.

Using that logic

Vale 0-1 Oldham

Vale 1-3 Chesterfield

Vale 0-1 Crewe

Bristol City 3-1 Vale

We've lost twice to Chesterfield,Crewe and Bristol City.The only team we did better against ,under Adams, was the draw at Oldham.That was the logic I was trying to use.

Adams 5points.

Page 12 points.

We were in a bad league when Page took over, better now. In between the 2 we have had good runs and bad ones, hopefully we are at the end of a bad run. Expect that we won't go down but even if we do stay up what might decide the fate of Page is the falling home gates. I am a season ticket holder so am a regular attender but there are plenty of gaps appearing around me in Lorne St.

That and the number of season tickets sold for next season might be the thing that decides Pages future.

We were in a bad league when Page took over, better now. In between the 2 we have had good runs and bad ones, hopefully we are at the end of a bad run. Expect that we won't go down but even if we do stay up what might decide the fate of Page is the falling home gates. I am a season ticket holder so am a regular attender but there are plenty of gaps appearing around me in Lorne St.

That and the number of season tickets sold for next season might be the thing that decides Pages future.

Meant to start with we were in a bad league postion, sorry about the typo

Archived