onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

Stop yer moaning about moving into the Lorne Street for tonights game at least you haven't got to pay the extra quid for using the much superior facilities which is charged on exchanging tickets for this stand on normal match days. Bargain.

Bargain an upgrade for free! You don't see people moaning about being upgraded to first class from the pig pen on trains or planes :)

Advert

That's just it Owd I don't and neither do you yet I'm not the one throwing around figures without any knowledge unlike yourself ;)
What extra savings could be made other than those I highlighted in my first post.

I would suggest that Smurf is considering making the move a permanent one. This I would suggest is silly because the Railway stand affords an excellent view and is currently far more occupied than the Bycars.

What extra savings could be made other than those I highlighted in my first post.

I would suggest that Smurf is considering making the move a permanent one. This I would suggest is silly because the Railway stand affords an excellent view and is currently far more occupied than the Bycars.

Electricity costs, water costs, turnstile operation costs, other staff such as programme sellers etc.

As a ST holder in the RS as I've already suggested I agree with you personally it should be the Bycars or at the very least alternated.

I reckon that I should save myself £15 in coffees, parking and a programme tonight and say ******** to Smurf.

This morning's Sentinel has Pope saying that some fans are a disgrace to have an opinion and the Chairman saying that the fans (which ones?) have no ambition.

**** em.

Oh Dear!!!

I am a massive supporter of Smurf but he does have the habit of shooting himself in the foot doesn't he!

To say he will not now sign a "Premiership Striker" unfortunately shows his lack of empathy with the average fan?

The mentality of some of these fans in "cup half empty" so he need to be pro-active and not enter into slanging matches with these somewhat misguided but still loyal vale fans.

Surley to stick out his neck and to go ahead would have shown his CONTINUING commitment to the Vale and would have certainly upped the gate on Tuesday. He should have brought in the player and said there you go and I think the crowd on Saturday would have been 6500 plus

The effect will now be the opposite and I suspect a 3-4000 crown tonight for what I believe will be a good win.

Well done Smurf for all your work but don't for a minute try to "out think" football fans!

Go on then 'Mr Know it all' pray tell me how much it will save? I consider apart from about 4 gatemen and less than a handful of stewards that's the lot but I bow to your superior knowledge.

It was not my intention to comment on here but the saving is circa 4750 to 6000

I reckon that I should save myself £15 in coffees, parking and a programme tonight and say ******** to Smurf.

This morning's Sentinel has Pope saying that some fans are a disgrace to have an opinion and the Chairman saying that the fans (which ones?) have no ambition.

**** em.

Pope clearly didn't say that though, did he.

I take it you don't sit in the Railway Stand Gups. For the piffling amount of money that it will save I consider it a ridiculous move. I'm sorry but if it was going to be a big cost cutter then I would agree but to save what a couple of hundred quid at most it really is crazy!

My guess is it will save a lot, stewarding, kiosk attendants, police bill, electric costs, cleaning attendants after the game.

Oh Dear!!!

I am a massive supporter of Smurf but he does have the habit of shooting himself in the foot doesn't he!

To say he will not now sign a "Premiership Striker" unfortunately shows his lack of empathy with the average fan?

The mentality of some of these fans in "cup half empty" so he need to be pro-active and not enter into slanging matches with these somewhat misguided but still loyal vale fans.

Surley to stick out his neck and to go ahead would have shown his CONTINUING commitment to the Vale and would have certainly upped the gate on Tuesday. He should have brought in the player and said there you go and I think the crowd on Saturday would have been 6500 plus

The effect will now be the opposite and I suspect a 3-4000 crown tonight for what I believe will be a good win.

Well done Smurf for all your work but don't for a minute try to "out think" football fans!

I understand what your saying but don't u think smurf is just trying every angle he can? At least he is actively trying to push the club forward and he is spot on that the club can't go anywhere with the gates we are getting. It makes me laugh when people think they know the reason, ticket prices too high,we haven't signed a premier league striker, we run out of pies, toilets are disgusting and so on but nobody can accuse smurf of not being proactive in his approach to trying get the gates up its just us not doing our part.

It was not my intention to comment on here but the saving is circa 4750 to 6000

Serious question Smurf, do you genuinely believe your current attacks on fans will help to grow the fanbase?

Surely you have the intelligence to realise if you berate your customer base then you will be adversely affected?

Come on dont shirk the question...show some guts & have a conversation with fans.....id love to hear your logic about how your current attacks on fans will grow the fanbase.

Serious question Smurf, do you genuinely believe your current attacks on fans will help to grow the fanbase?

Surely you have the intelligence to realise if you berate your customer base then you will be adversely affected?

Come on dont shirk the question...show some guts & have a conversation with fans.....id love to hear your logic about how your current attacks on fans will grow the fanbase.

Are you saying that offering to put a Player in a Vale shirt albiet for 2 months that you would never thought possible and drive us potentially to Wembley on the basis that the numbers required stand and be counted is attacking the Fan base then my days are numbered

Is that showing guts enough for you

Archived