onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 Crewe 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

The first half was a complete and utter shambles. Even when he have been winning it has only been after subs have been made, the staring lineup is failing regularly yet Page plays the same side. Williamson was on his own against three centre backs with Dicko regularly hitting passes making him run 30 yards into the corner, that's not home tactics against a bottom side. Robertson gave a decent impression of a tree trunk for both the penalty and the goal and don't even start me on Dicko. I feel sorry for Vesselli playing with Duffy or Robertson, I still remember poor Phil Sproson having to play alongside Graham Hawkins. We need a centre back NOW, ship Robertson off to Tranmere.

I was surprised Crewe didn't get more cards Davis and the big youth were lucky to stay on.

Advert

Well where to start with that. I had a feeling we would lose but the loss isnt the problem. That was a dire performance full of players who couldnt give a ****. For me the starting 11 was once again way off, we are at home, why is Birchall starting? Where was the passion, the commitment, only a few showed this, very disappointed with the performance, a real shambles. This wasnt like last year where Crewe played brilliant, I actually thought they were a very poor side with only their front two looking up to league 1 level. For me we were beaten by a bad side.

Neal 7: MOTM, saved the penalty and kept us in it early on.

Yates 4: Why oh why do people rate him so highly on here. Yates and Birchall on the right has to be the weakest right side in the league, they both get it and pass it backwards to the other one! WOEFUL

Veseli 7: Thought he played well and was pretty solid.

Robertson 6: Not too bad.

Dickinson 5: He wasnt as bad as most games this year, but its so frustrating when he gets the ball and just smacks it down the line, hoping for the best.

Oconnor 5: Once again not good enough, trying to do world class passes instead of controlling the match.

Brown 3: Dreadful today and for me his performances have really dipped, thought he was dire and at fault for the goal.

Marshall 6: Nowhere near his best but always looked a threat.

Dodds 6: Thought he put a good shift in and gave 100% had almost no service though.

Birchall 3: Useless, must be the worst winger going, if birchall is to play it has to be in the middle, preferably for a different club.

Williamson 5: Not much to work with but should have scored second half.

Subs

Daniel 6

Lines 5

Pope 6

Special mention to the diabolical referee who seemed to give the opposite of what should have been given every time. For me the lad up top should have been sent off and possibly davis for us altercation with Brown. We need some new players, this side is a lower mid table league 1 outfit.

Please Page learn to change the starting 11, just because we have won a match dosent mean the same 11 will work every game, crewe had 3 centre backs and we play one up top. Page has done well but he needs to starting picking vales best 11 not his favourites.

they have done the double over us. When was the last time that happened?

First time ever in the history of the world, mate. I first watched Vale in 1972 - it was 1998 before I saw us lose to Crewe - that was 18 games. If I was a Crewe fan I'd be asking why they play like that at the back against Vale and let in hatfuls against other teams.

First time I've ever seen a bloke given MOTM when he barely touched the ball in the second half!

I don't blame page, nor his tactics nor his starting 11. I blame the players picked. They didn't turn up. Very disappoint. I ****ing hate crewe.

The tactics were dire from Page as well as the team selection. But even so that 11 should still turn up and put in a performance, everyone bar a couple should be ashamed.

Bitterly disappointing although on play and chances we deserved a point. In the end it probably came down to who defended the better and Crewe kept the clean sheet - something we can't. Larger gate than I thought there'd be just a pity the chavs were out after the game again.

The tactics were dire from Page as well as the team selection.

I heard some bloke at half time say that Davis was far better at tactics than Page. I checked the League table to see if there was any evidence to support that and you know, I saw Crewe near the bottom and Vale much nearer the top!

The formation we played today has seen us win all bar one of our home games under Page and when it clearly wasn't working he changed it. Perhaps he could have given a few players a rest instead of not changing a winning team again but you can understand the bloke sticking with the 11 who won last week. The one thing I wish he would learn is that changing the team to suit a situation doesn't reflect badly on the players who are left out - it can be just horses for couses.

So why pick them? Robertson and Dicko are beyond a joke . The starting selection handed the initiative to Crewe.

It was the same tactics and majority of the same players that have seen us have a fantastic home record since Page took over. The players did not turn up. They are too blame. They should be beating teams like Crewe.

I heard some bloke at half time say that Davis was far better at tactics than Page. I checked the League table to see if there was any evidence to support that and you know, I saw Crewe near the bottom and Vale much nearer the top!

The formation we played today has seen us win all bar one of our home games under Page and when it clearly wasn't working he changed it. Perhaps he could have given a few players a rest instead of not changing a winning team again but you can understand the bloke sticking with the 11 who won last week. The one thing I wish he would learn is that changing the team to suit a situation doesn't reflect badly on the players who are left out - it can be just horses for couses.

The team that started hasn't won the games though has it, and hasn't even looked like winning.

Season ticket u can get f***ed. never in a million years will I pay more than season to watch us play 1 up front! I'm not goin renew my season ticket again coz I ain't paying that money to watch Dodds, Yates and birchall ruin my Saturday afternoons. The pensioner in the middle of pitch aswell don't even start me on him

Archived