onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Criticism

Woakesy

I could write at least ten usernames that want banning off this site for breaching the sites rules- the admin are getting too soft. People should attack the post not the poster.

When it comes to player abuse, words thrown should be constructive in ways that help the player to raise their game-the buck stops with Page and Glover.

I take it you are including yourself in that little number given the number of rules you have flouted! ;)

Advert

I could write at least ten usernames that want banning off this site for breaching the sites rules- the admin are getting too soft.

You could write ten usernames.... banning isnt an option you have.... be careful what you wish for, just because I have softened a little doesnt mean I cant toughen up again.

This is what I don't understand last season everyone was moaning that he doesn't score enough goals. He is now scoring goals and it still ain't good enough.

Tom Pope has played 1514 minutes and scored 9 goals.

Ben Williamson has only 1051 minutes on the pitch and has scored 7 goals.

Williamson strike rate this season is actually better than Popes. Still fans want him dropped unbelievable!

Thats a good post, we shouldnt be booing or slagging off any vale players, whats up with folk, get behind the team for goodness sake !

Its a bit of a difficult subject... every time a player walks onto the pitch to play for the team he is saying look at me, look what I can do, especially if he has encouraged the supporters to come and watch.... if he has a bad game, stands in the center circle like a tree, falls over his own feet, gets sent off, misses open goals, doesnt do what he is supposed to the people he has asked to look at him will have an opinion... sometimes it wont be a very good one... he will get viewed as an individual and as 1/11th of the team.

unfortunately for ben and for us the situation is he isn't good enough but we don't have enough money to replace him really . our only options now are that harry p or achille come good early for us and danny n ups his fitness regime to solve our striker problem . ben has had more than his fair share of opportunities to prove himself , he has some qualities but he is way too inconsistent in games.

It does sometimes go too far however no players are above criticism and IMHO Ben hasn't been at his best. I don't sit and slag him off during games and I rarely post anything negative against individuals on here but seen as you asked I don't think that his performances have been up to the required standard. If he's not got the quality then he needs to put on addition effort to make up for it and he's not doing that currently.

:clap: Well put. My sentiments entirely.

We have to recognise sometimes players are not good enough but slagging them off is wrong. Comes down to how posters put into words what they feel about individuals and perhaps some may be misconstrued as slagging off when they are simply saying a player is not good enough.

My personal belief about Ben is that really he is a Division 2 player at best but it's not his fault Vale cannot replace him with a more consistent, potent forward.

:clap: Well put. My sentiments entirely.

We have to recognise sometimes players are not good enough but slagging them off is wrong. Comes down to how posters put into words what they feel about individuals and perhaps some may be misconstrued as slagging off when they are simply saying a player is not good enough.

My personal belief about Ben is that really he is a Division 2 player at best but it's not his fault Vale cannot replace him with a more consistent, potent forward.

Agreed. I've never particularly thought he was up to League One level, and nothing I have seen in the last 18 months has changed my opinion. For all his running with the ball and the fact he does get in some good positions, his 1st touch and finishing are not at the level required to be a potent League One striker. When the work rate isn't there either (Saturday for instance) he looks decidedly average.

I met him at the POTY do after promotion and he seems a nice lad. So I wish him the best of luck in his career, but I think we should look elsewhere at the end of the season or in January.

If it's not Williamson it's Yates, if it's not Yates it's Lines, if it's not Lines it was Griff, if it's not Griff it was Rob Taylor, if not Rob Taylor it was Marc Richards, if not Richards........

The problem lies in the crowd and not the player for me to an extent. People moan they want more to turn up, but nobody creates an atmosphere, people moan they want us to play nice football, but one sideways pass and they boo!

If it's not Williamson it's Yates, if it's not Yates it's Lines, if it's not Lines it was Griff, if it's not Griff it was Rob Taylor, if not Rob Taylor it was Marc Richards, if not Richards........

The problem lies in the crowd and not the player for me to an extent. People moan they want more to turn up, but nobody creates an atmosphere, people moan they want us to play nice football, but one sideways pass and they boo!

The crowd are entitled to an opinion as paying customers. I don't have a hate figure- I'm not a big fan of Williamson or Dodds but I'd never boo them, that's counterproductive

Ben Williamson is very medicore. I don't think he is good enough for League 1 if im being honest. He often offers very little, but I'd rather him than Slew who is about as good as Ebola. I'd like us to give Campion a go with N'Guessan whilst Pope is out.

I could write at least ten usernames that want banning off this site for breaching the sites rules- the admin are getting too soft. People should attack the post not the poster.

When it comes to player abuse, words thrown should be constructive in ways that help the player to raise their game-the buck stops with Page and Glover.

haha

If Williamson carries on this way he will surpass Popes tally of last season. He is a confidence player so deserves praise not criticism

I'm not criticizing Ben Williamson at all, on the contrary I'm standing up for him. My point was it's interesting to hear a players perspective on other players that the fan's may not appreciate. As has been said of BW before on OVF, if he had a tad more composure in front of goal he'd be playing at a higher level than lge 1.

Archived