onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Criticism

Woakesy

Oy!! Some of us Potteries people actually support the Vale and try to see the better picture, even when we are crap! With reference to the "glass half empty" accusation then I agree.....most of us like our glasses full and will become downhearted until someone buys another drink for us to top the glass up!!:laugh:

Totally agree and having met you I concur completely however we are in a select minority, local folk generally dont like us positive people! ;)

Advert

Oy!! Some of us Potteries people actually support the Vale and try to see the better picture, even when we are crap! With reference to the "glass half empty" accusation then I agree.....most of us like our glasses full and will become downhearted until someone buys another drink for us to top the glass up!!:laugh:

So the answer to fans moaning is........buy them a drink?

I'll start moaning my head off then. :):drink:

Totally agree and having met you I concur completely however we are in a select minority' date=' local folk generally dont like us positive people! ;)[/quote']

Do we care? Suppose we do really but I still feel happier in life looking on the optimistic side. I'll always support Vale in any case, until it's physically impossible for me to attend home and away games. Just wished there were more like us.;)

I think that a previous poster has shown that BW's strike rate better than Pope's this season :blush:

I don't recall Gary Lineker being a forward that had power or aggression #justsaying

Statistics are often flawed and we all know that to be the case. Remember that Tom was playing in a team that didn't know where the next point was going to come from during MA final few games.

I mention BW lack of aggression and power because goals would be the only thing he brings to the team because he certainly doesn't provide goal chances to the other players.

Statistics are often flawed and we all know that to be the case. Remember that Tom was playing in a team that didn't know where the next point was going to come from during MA final few games.

I mention BW lack of aggression and power because goals would be the only thing he brings to the team because he certainly doesn't provide goal chances to the other players.

Did he not assist Pope away at Oldham?

I may be in a minority of one here but I feel the criticism of some players sometimes goes too far.

It seems there has to be a whipping boy for some fans & that person is currently BW.

Let's face it, no player ever plays with the intention of doing badly & the vitriol levelled at them can't be helping.

I think in some ways BW is a victim of a poor summer for Vale. It's not his fault that we started the season with only 2 out & out strikers meaning that he effectively had to play every game as MA would only ever play 4-4-2. Had we had an alternative, BW could have been taken out of the team & put back in when he's more confident & in form. As it was, he had to play through a bad spell as there was no alternative.

BW is just the latest boo boy. Why don't we recognise that every player is flawed, especially at this level & just encourage them. Constructive criticism is fine, destructive is not.

NS wants us to blood more youngsters. He's got a job on with some fans unless they're the next Messi.

If u wanna see criticism take a look at the Coventry city managers comments after there FA cup defeat now that was criticism with several of his squad getting there p45 well done to him I say modern footballers are mollycoddled to much imho

Archived