onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 - Walsall 1 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

I think the problem today was that - yet again - we were outnumbered in midfield and they passed the ball around us at will.

Playing 4.4.2 meant that they always had a spare man in the middle -often the no.10 - and we never got to grips with it all match.

A point was better than none. McGivern did do quite well as did Marshall who ran his heart out. The defence need to play together more often because there was little communication from them but Johnson too needs to be more vocal.

It wasn't great today. Walsall were better. But we move on.

Dinosaur football I'm afraid, no ball retention, no movement off the ball,Adams out thought by Smith and one of our old boys,they changed tactics in the second half,and played more around our penalty area than their own,glad to get away with a draw.

Early days for me, thought we were fortunate to get a draw to be honest. The one priority remains a decent striker with movement and a finished product. midfield will take a few games to gel as will the formation, the right one! a little disappointing overall but think a few positives particularly Mcgivern and Marshall.

Why can we never play good football? We sign all these midfielders and expect better ball retention but it was just the same, midfield is bypassed by long balls. Second half was abysmal. They were all over us sand taught us how to pass the ball

Totally p****d off with Adams attitude towards getting something from games- where has the 'football' principle gone?

Can we play football or do we have to offload players simply because they can only play the 'adams' way??

Or do we offload both?

I disagree, looked a decent player IMO, in his first game at this level and in a vale shirt.

Early days I know but based on that match alone I thought he offered no more then Yatesy does week in week out. He just looked out of place imo offered little going foward and Duffy digged him out of a few holes at the back

Archived