onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chairman invests another 500k

Advert

This is exactly what the fans want to hear. Positivity, optimism and motivation.

Smurf really seems to be getting his act together now. Little things like the 'meet the players' thing on Friday and installing the new floodlights show how we are definitely moving in the right direction.

If he carries on in this manner I guess I'll have custard with my humble pie. :blush:

Think you're a bit confused there matey!

I was right - who's the joker now? ;)

League Handicap Betting

You're betting on: which team will accrue the most points over the course of the season after the stated handicaps have been applied to ALL teams

****s sake I thought I had found the bet off the season nice one for that mate but surely still has a good chance with the bookies thinking were going down also it will be dam hard keep a track off

If this means that the club can offer something towards the Jordan Slew wages now then perhaps the loan can get sorted after all and the final bit of the jig saw can be in place for the start of the season......got to say that now Moore is said to be back in training and once the loan striker signs then

It has been a very good transfer window.

The only concerns is can the veteran player coach Brown play 90 minutes regularly but then again perhaps Brown is primarily around to bring experience and know how to the squad and will be usefull to have in the dressing room and of course along with the experienced Birchall offers quality

Cover in midfield.....Jennings looks quality as the holding midfielder both reading the game and is very quick across the ground but is also very tidy on the ball and can pass which is a big step up from Griffith.

The other concern is at centre back and although previous clubs fans have said McGivern is slow this was a judgement on McGivern playing left back

And indeed McGivern might be somewhat slow to play left back but could still be mobile for a centre back and is therefore hopefully quicker than Robertson and better on the ball.....was on the books at Man City and played for Hibs in the SPL and is the current Northern Ireland International centre back so on paper a step up.

All in all looks like a better squad and an assault on the play off spots is a realistic target.

Well done and thanks smurf. This exactly the sort of positive approach we need....

It does appear that he has learned his lesson and now saying positive things instead of the we don't want the play offs or we will have to start the season with conference kids comments,him saying he wants to see us in the Premier league is really appealing and that he wants to get us to the Championship under his tenure wets the appetite a little,its just left to the boys now so lets back them all I say

"This city needs two Premier League clubs in it – and one day it will have it."

:notworthy:

Reading that again it sent a shiver down my spine,just to one day see our club in the Premier is a dream I really want to see happen,especially for all those who will never get to see it sadly

Reading that again it sent a shiver down my spine,just to one day see our club in the Premier is a dream I really want to see happen,especially for all those who will never get to see it sadly

My dream too mate and I'm getting long in the tooth now. Sends shivers down my spine at the sheer thought of Vale playing in the Premier! Many of us veterans will probably settle for a mere top half position in the Championship before our ashes are scattered on the hallowed Vale Park turf.

it blows my mind how many people still don't understand handicap bets.

however, vale surely have to be a great bet for the handicap in L1 this season

(although i've definitely let my heart rule my head with some of the antepost bets i've placed :s)

Nice one Smurf :). Great Positive words. it is looking more positive at the vale now instead of negative vale fans who have always something to moan about.. hopefully it will keep them quiet for a bit by Smurf putting more money in the club because he would not of put it in if he didn't care about the club. But it shows he does care about the club and wants to push it the club forward :).

Polly want a cracker?

"Chairman invests another 500k" ........Has he now invested an extra 500k making it 750k or has he doubled his original 250k slightly confused.

Either way its nice to hear

He's doubled his investment to £500k from £250k. It's not an extra £500k. Thread banner needs changing admin.

Thought we had no ambition ?

norman and I have spoken in person about this and I have apologised to him for comments borne out of frustration more than anything to which I gather he has accepted. as far as im concerned the matter about this is closed and I would appreciate this not being dragged up again thanks :)

such comments were borne out of frustration and was merely venting what many were thinking at the time. micky norm and the lads have my total support and Im looking forward to Saturday

UP THE VALE

norman and I have spoken in person about this and I have apologised to him for comments borne out of frustration more than anything to which I gather he has accepted. as far as im concerned the matter about this is closed and I would appreciate this not being dragged up again thanks :)

such comments were borne out of frustration and was merely venting what many were thinking at the time. micky norm and the lads have my total support and Im looking forward to Saturday

UP THE VALE

If you have apologised and been big enough to admit it on here then fair credit. Hopefully it will be a lesson to those that haven't apologised / don't want to that perhaps they won't shoot from the hip again next time before they see and understand the bigger picture.

Hopefully this will lead to a stronger and more united Vale and fan base.

As you say UP THE VALE :)

Archived