onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Rodgers must have had immense self confidence in nhis abaility to handle him to have paid so much for the shirt swapper and not take him on loan for a while. Drop him at the weekend and give Lambert a chance..cos at this point Not So Super Mario brings nothing to the team

Liverpool were unone by an excellent team last night..few could have lived with Real so I would not read too much into it except that liverpool are way behind Real..and we knew that

Advert

Rodgers must have had immense self confidence in nhis abaility to handle him to have paid so much for the shirt swapper and not take him on loan for a while. Drop him at the weekend and give Lambert a chance..cos at this point Not So Super Mario brings nothing to the team

Liverpool were unone by an excellent team last night..few could have lived with Real so I would not read too much into it except that liverpool are way behind Real..and we knew that

The most disappointing thing is that Liverpool would have given them a proper test last season. Obviously Suarez not playing for the club any longer and Daniel Sturridge being out makes a huge difference, but the players that come in like Balotelli and Markovic have so far been very disappointing. Belief plays such a huge part in football and Liverpool have bags of it last season. It's probable that going so agonisingly close to the title and only losing it in the last fortnight has had a bigger effect on the squad, or certain players, that Rodgers would try to have you believe at the start of the season. That said, I know that we will improve once Sturridge is back and firing on all cylinders.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Rodgers should have used the Balotelli money to go and get Saido Berahino from West Brom, who's young, a big talent and his pace up top would give Liverpool exactly what they are lacking at the moment when Daniel isn't in the side.

Jamie Carragher reckons he'll be off,Souness can't believe Rodgers bought him.What a waste of money.

We all knew it was a gamble, the manager included. If we were getting something like the form he showed at Man City, where he was inconsistent but still averaging a goal every 3 games, then he would be doing his job somewhat while Sturridge was side-lined and 16 million would be looking like a decent bit of business in today's market. However, he isn't, though I still think at the moment he's been made somewhat of a scapegoat due to his reputation, as he's been no worse than a lot of others in the Liverpool side this season.

The most disappointing thing is that Liverpool would have given them a proper test last season. Obviously Suarez not playing for the club any longer and Daniel Sturridge being out makes a huge difference, but the players that come in like Balotelli and Markovic have so far been very disappointing. Belief plays such a huge part in football and Liverpool have bags of it last season. It's probable that going so agonisingly close to the title and only losing it in the last fortnight has had a bigger effect on the squad, or certain players, that Rodgers would try to have you believe at the start of the season. That said, I know that we will improve once Sturridge is back and firing on all cylinders.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Rodgers should have used the Balotelli money to go and get Saido Berahino from West Brom, who's young, a big talent and his pace up top would give Liverpool exactly what they are lacking at the moment when Daniel isn't in the side.

I think undoubtedly last season's team on last season's form would have given Real's defence a much harder game..last season's defence would have done no better than this season's i reckon

Buying Balotelli looks like a monumental phuqup; still time to turn it round though and who knows maybe playing alongside Sturridge will get more out of him. January should be interesting

I think undoubtedly last season's team on last season's form would have given Real's defence a much harder game..last season's defence would have done no better than this season's i reckon

Buying Balotelli looks like a monumental phuqup; still time to turn it round though and who knows maybe playing alongside Sturridge will get more out of him. January should be interesting

Agreed. There's no way that last season Liverpool fails to score against Real Madrid. Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling would have tore their defence a new a-hole when they were all playing so fluently, though granted it I'm sure it would have been a you score a goal, we score a goal kind of game. We didn't defend well last season and a lot of goals were through basic mistakes, but this season it has gone to a whole new level of ineptness (is that even a word?) so far. We badly need a ball-winning central midfield player that will sit in front of the defence, someone more mobile than Lucas who has ran his race at the club for me after a bundle of injuries. Hopefully Rodgers can find someone like this in January, which can't come around quickly enough for a moment.

I don't believe for a second that it's the end of the road for Balotelli at Liverpool already, that he can't turn it around. His behaviour, for him, has generally been fine and for me he's been working hard, he'll never be a type of player that runs around busting a gut for any side that he plays for, in the same way that Zlatan Ibrahimovic doesn't for one example. He's missed a couple of sitters in the last few weeks that had he converted nobody would be mentioning him until his shirt swap yesterday. I think he will improve massively once alongside Sturridge, and it's not Mario's fault that Daniel has been a crock this season and that Lambert isn't getting much of a look in at the moment.

I'm a big fan of Brendan Rodgers and think he's an outstanding young manager, but this season he has made a lot of mistakes and needs to hold his hands up.

No idea how Liverpool failed to win and even score at least one goal today. The only positive I can take is that Sterling looked something like his best once again and created numerous chances, and Coutinho showed the player he sometimes promises to be the 30 odd minutes he played. Balotelli worked hard and was very unlucky not to score after a couple of excellent saves from their goalie, but no doubt he will continue to be made the scape-goat until he starts to find the back of the net.

Cracking win the West Ham against a City side who don't look anything like as strong or well drilled as Chelsea. Sakho has to be right up there with buy of the season.

No idea how Liverpool failed to win and even score at least one goal today. The only positive I can take is that Sterling looked something like his best once again and created numerous chances, and Coutinho showed the player he sometimes promises to be the 30 odd minutes he played. Balotelli worked hard and was very unlucky not to score after a couple of excellent saves from their goalie, but no doubt he will continue to be made the scape-goat until he starts to find the back of the net.

Cracking win the West Ham against a City side who don't look anything like as strong or well drilled as Chelsea. Sakho has to be right up there with buy of the season.

were you at Anfield?

Archived