onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Were there any rumours of Liverpool going in for Sanchez (now of Arsenal)? He looks the perfect successor to Suarez.

Yes, it's a fact that Rodgers wanted him as part of the Suarez deal, but once Arsenal were in for him he was keen to join them and live in London, as do many foreign players who move here. You're right, him plus money would have been a fantastic bit of business but it wasn't to be. We were also in for Marco Reus but Dortmund had a change of heart at the last minute and decided to keep him for this season. Whether we could have agreed personal terms for him, or whether another club would have come in for him knowing he was available is a different matter. Outstanding young player.

We're apparently trying to do a deal for Pedro in January. That would be a terrific signing, but I won't get excited about it until it's confirmed as a done deal.

Advert

Real did what Real always do. Every few years they have a cycle where top players leave and new top players come in. In this cycle Ozil, Alonso and Di Maria left and were replaced with Bale, Kroos and Rodriguez. You can be certain that in another two years or so that the likes of Benzema, Modric and even Ronaldo will be sold and replaced. Di Maria was a brilliant player for them and is still a brilliant player, and he would definitely be somewhere in my personal top 10 players in the world currently list.

1) Ronaldo

2) Messi

3) Suarez

4) Robben

5) Schweinsteiger

6) Bale

7) Ibrahimovic

8) Lahm

9) Di Maria

10) Fabregas

It's very difficult after the top 5 to put them in a proper order, and of course there's the likes of Iniesta, Neymar, Augero and Lewandowski that might be in other people's top 10 list.

Neuer is a better player than Di Maria for me

Neuer is a better player than Di Maria for me

I wouldn't disagree with anyone that includes him, I was tempted to put him there myself as he's the best goalkeeper in the world currently. I would only include Di Maria providing he finds the same form as he did for Real Madrid which he hasn't done yet for United, though he's been more than decent and for me has scored the goal of the season so far, or at least the finish of the season. (against Leicester)

I do find your XI interesting mind. There are the obvious players but it's entirely interpretation as to who else makes it. I like Schweinstiger and Fabregas but they wouldn't get in for me. Ability aside I think Robben is a cheating **** and he wouldn't get close to mine on that basis!

On form Xavi Alonso might sneak it, Thomas Muller too. I think Neymar would have to go in mine too. What is worrying is that there's not an English name within a million miles of that list

I do find your XI interesting mind. There are the obvious players but it's entirely interpretation as to who else makes it. I like Schweinstiger and Fabregas but they wouldn't get in for me. Ability aside I think Robben is a cheating **** and he wouldn't get close to mine on that basis!

On form Xavi Alonso might sneak it, Thomas Muller too. I think Neymar would have to go in mine too. What is worrying is that there's not an English name within a million miles of that list

Does it matter that we haven't got any English players in that list,we've got the best league in the world?:rolleyes::doh:

Yeah, Fabregas was probably a bit fortunate to get on the list, outstanding a player as he is. I'd probably replace him with Neuer.

And Hazard and possibly Sanchez.

Each to their own but I personally think Hazard is a little overrated. I know he's a top player but he hasn't shined through for me enough this year; I think Oscar (apart from Fabregas) has been their standout midfield player.

Sanchez on the other hand has been fantastic. He's an absolute joy to watch

Exactly,it's supposedly the best league in the world only because of the viewing figures?

The trouble is, we have made ourselves too open to foreign investors that are only concerned with the Champions League and couldn't give a toss about the national side

Yes, it's a fact that Rodgers wanted him as part of the Suarez deal, but once Arsenal were in for him he was keen to join them and live in London, as do many foreign players who move here. You're right, him plus money would have been a fantastic bit of business but it wasn't to be. We were also in for Marco Reus but Dortmund had a change of heart at the last minute and decided to keep him for this season. Whether we could have agreed personal terms for him, or whether another club would have come in for him knowing he was available is a different matter. Outstanding young player.

We're apparently trying to do a deal for Pedro in January. That would be a terrific signing, but I won't get excited about it until it's confirmed as a done deal.

Liverpool offered Barca £3m more for Sanchez than Arsenal offered.

Archived