onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A real and fully deserved battering.

melv

He fully deserved what what he got for the disgusting spitting he did.Maybe he will think twice about spitting at someone next time.Absolutely NO reason at all to spit he could have pass on any disease.

Do you think an addict thinks?

Advert

Do you think an addict thinks?

He managed to think I could do with something to eat.Oh look there is the oatcake man.I'll go and ask him for a free oatcake.He then managed to think well he has refused to give me a free oatcake so I will spit at him.

He fully deserved what what he got for the disgusting spitting he did.

You don't know that. You don't know what's going on in his head to make him do that..could be sufering all sorts of psychological issues. Might not be of course but we don't know that

Maybe he will think twice about spitting at someone next time.Absolutely NO reason at all to spit he could have pass on any disease.

Maybe maybe it will have no effect at all. We know what spitting could do..that's not at issue

I just don't get jumping to conclusions and condemning a fellow human being who is a homeless addict and indeed smiling about it. It's a cause for sadness not smiles

Addicts think, of coruse they do, but cos of their addiction etc they don't necessarily think like 'the rest of us'. Like lots of people with psychological issues don't . Doesn't mean 'anything goes' or let them get away with anything but for me does mean you don't find what they do not the consuquences of what they do amusing in any way.

As I said, if it was someone with a mental disorder/disability would that raise a smile?

I agree with this, the incident itself is kinda funny but the bigger picture isn't. Not everyone lives the perfect life, or is fortunate to do so.

If this INCIDENT had been acted out on TV it would have been seen as very funny and just.Had it been filmed and put on you tube it would have got thousands of hits,laughs.

Addicts think, of coruse they do, but cos of their addiction etc they don't necessarily think like 'the rest of us'. Like lots of people with psychological issues don't . Doesn't mean 'anything goes' or let them get away with anything but for me does mean you don't find what they do not the consuquences of what they do amusing in any way.

As I said, if it was someone with a mental disorder/disability would that raise a smile?

Laughing at what the oatcake man did (throw the batter over him)

I don't think any of this story is funny,the criminal chose to take drugs and he then chose to spit at somebody trying to make a living,because he was refused a freebie.I suggest he goes through the proper channels and approaches a food bank the next time he feels hungry.

You think it's funny that a homeless drug addict had batter thrown all over him?

Words fail me..I've nothing else to add

I do, think it's very, very sad indeed all round.

From the spitting, the oatcake man and through to laughing at him / the story.

It's clearly an evil sickness / addiction he can't get over which causes desperation. There are no more words to describe the entire stupidity and sadness of this story.

Instead of wasting money sending staff out to report on the story why don't the paper 'that saved the Vale' spend it on trying to help rehabilitate.

Without the Opium precursor bought from those Afghani poppy fields there would be a global shortfall of Morphine and Codeine for hospitals.

I did say that the opium (or some of it) could be bought from the growers, but you are probably talking about a tiny amount used for the manufacture of hospital products compared to what gets to the drug market, maybe 2 to 5 per cent.

So whatever is necessary to make this amount could be allowed to be cultivated under strict conditions to ensure none of it goes 'missing'. You are easily intelligent enough to have worked this out yourself, but maybe just wanted to undermine my common sense approach.

legalise drugs, put the dealers out of business, pay the growers in order to control the supply, educate the young properly on this, treat the addicts, punish them if they don't seek or accept help and commit crime to feed their addiction, tax it, licence it..basically be grown up about it

In other words, exactly what I said in post 6 and Im pleased to agree with you on this subject.

Interesting side aspect of the +/- rating thing is that your post got +2 once but mine got -3 but Im glad this small clique have laid off REP and switched to me, as I take it as a compliment - being ignored is far worse.

In other words, exactly what I said in post 6 and Im pleased to agree with you on this subject.

Interesting side aspect of the +/- rating thing is that your post got +2 once but mine got -3 but Im glad this small clique have laid off REP and switched to me, as I take it as a compliment - being ignored is far worse.

Welcome to my club, I have a cap, a badge and a monthly members magazine for you, first month free! ;)

Melv and all of his user accounts indeed! :D

Archived