onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2014 - 2015 Where will we finish?

Woakesy

Advert

Mid-table with lowest goalscoring tally for a while.

I'm sorry but if we're going to have the 'lowest goalscoring tally' then we'll be in the bottom 4. I base this on the fact that our defence is awful and we haven't improved there at all - all we've done is bring in a player from a team that got relegated from the scottish prem.

Goal-wise we'll be fine - we just need a back up to Popey. I can't see how we're going to concede fewer than last year, but God I hope I'm wrong.

I'm sorry but if we're going to have the 'lowest goalscoring tally' then we'll be in the bottom 4. I base this on the fact that our defence is awful and we haven't improved there at all - all we've done is bring in a player from a team that got relegated from the scottish prem.

Goal-wise we'll be fine - we just need a back up to Popey. I can't see how we're going to concede fewer than last year, but God I hope I'm wrong.

The defence isnt the problem and wasnt last season either. We have strengthened in the midfield and have better defensive options there that will help us out defensively. Looking at our defenders Id say there all decent players, but when the midfield constantly allow players to run onto the back 4 your bound to struggle. Michael Brown will help the defence massively.

For me as was mentioned earlier goals look to be the problem at the minute. We have on striker who is good enough, in Pope, if he gets injured we are screwed, its also a huge amount of pressure on him and we certainly need another striker or 2.

I think mid table with a better defence than last season but less goals scored.

This is my worry as well. Two years running its been our problem and two years running we haven't really changed the defence! Just hope the better midfield cover will help the defence, because personell wise I think they're ok they just can't seem to keep the ball out of the net as a unit.

Just outside the play-offs. Good start and by Xmas it will trail off as normal.

All the cup matches out early as normal. But would love it if we had a good run and got Smurf some money to hand to MA's in Jan for strengthening the team.

😁 Sorry forgot about that.

Average predicted position seems to be 8th-12th so far.

As I commented in an earlier post--confidence seems to be a tad higher than I personally would have gone for, given the lack of squad depth and cover in some key positions. However, given the usual general pre-season euphoria, who am I to burst the bubble?

• 7 months later...
Quite agree Al,we wont be surrendering the midfield this season but we do need extra firepower,if we get that we will be difficult to stop in my honest opinion so i say champions of league 1,,,UP THE VALE.

so much for my predicton, shows how much I know,if we're lucky 21st.

Archived