onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Genuine Question Regarding the New Season

IanW

The FA will not sanction any players once we have gone over the 60% of takings declare by Smurf. Last season was an prime example when MA's wanted a player and found one, but was told no. It then turned out we had been under sanction for most of the 2nd half of the season.

The only way to build on the squad would be to find new income and tell the FA the new figures, so they can amend their records.

Advert

We need to live within our budget every season.

We only have to look at the Leeds United model to see where it can go horribly wrong. Posts saying we only offer peanuts are a little bit silly when we don't actually know what certain players are asking for. I think the whole problem with the football model is that players get paid too much. I don't think we can really blame smurf for that or accuse him of being tight when he has said he will be making a sizeable contribution to the budget himself.

What because some of the drongo's on here overreact!?! No chance. I'm surprised some of them can string a sentence together, never mind predict our fortunes for the coming season.

Remember the Tudor/ Miller/ Rocastle/ Edwards debacle? There is far too much emphasis on budget

Spot on. In my 30+ years of supporting Vale we have never been cash rich and never will be unless a Vale fan wins 80million on the euro millions. Perspective is needed.

Living within our means, but significantly improving our means through much improved commercial activities.

You know, like a proper business.

What I would have written if you hadn't got there first. Only less eloquently.

"I am a man of means... slender means"

The Smiths - Nowhere Fast

Live within our means, and ensure that our means gradually improve, which is mainly in the owner's hands. If we make a good start and gates exceed the current forecast, then is the time to add a loan or two within our financial limits. Remember pay on the day brings more money in than ST seats.

It's an hypothetical question....could you tell me if Popey & Linesy are likely to get injured or suspended.

We have a first eleven capable of competing, but there is absolutely no way that that eleven will play 46 games, then the problems begin.

We got a small squad of players and if we all stick together by trying to finish higher on last season finish i think we can achieve it :). because look at Yeovil how they went up by playoffs but they had a small budget like we have now so.. anything can happen if all the players stick to it. i can't wait for this season to start to be honest and i am quite optimistic fan and also i can't see us going down to league two in this season.

Why does it have to be either/ or? It's a nonsense question

So we can stick within a realistic budget and spend beyond our budget?:unsure:

For me....Vale stick within a realistic budget based on ST sales/other income, and finish lower mid table/above the relegation zone...all part of the building process at this level which will lead to better things in the longer term

The unrealistic thing here is someone buying a business and not excepting to plug a financial hole for at least a few years whilst we improve commercially. We should have been able to afford O'Connor if we were to consider what was needed to survive next season.

The unrealistic thing here is someone buying a business and not excepting to plug a financial hole for at least a few years whilst we improve commercially. We should have been able to afford O'Connor if we were to consider what was needed to survive next season.

Disagree completely sustainability and live within your means.

Disagree completely sustainability and live within your means.

No ones saying blowing a budget out of the water but we've weakened this season, not strengthened so were going to find it difficult to sustain our league 1 status. Which is more expensive? A quality midfielder or a relegation scrap?

Archived