onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Genuine Question Regarding the New Season

IanW

Genuine question for everyone...

Given the choice, what would people prefer?

Vale stick within a realistic budget based on ST sales/other income, and finish lower mid table/above the relegation zone...

or

Vale spend beyond our budget (last season as an example), and finish upper mid table, maybe 8th/9th?

I'm not really looking for responses such as "yeah well pr is rubbish", or "smurf needs to put more money in" etc. Just give an answer based on the options given please.

I'll give my answer and reasons later but interested to read people's views on the above...

Advert

Genuine question for everyone...

Given the choice, what would people prefer?

Vale stick within a realistic budget based on ST sales/other income, and finish lower mid table/above the relegation zone...

or

Vale spend beyond our budget (last season as an example), and finish upper mid table, maybe 8th/9th?

Why does it have to be either/ or? It's a nonsense question

Why does it have to be either/ or? It's a nonsense question

Not really if you look at the reactions over the past few days. It seems very cut and dry according to views I've seen. Spend loads = play offs, spend little = relegation, if you believe them of course.

I don't remember us spending too much the last time we got promoted? We had a small tight knit squad littered with some promising young players; Burge Morsy etc

...correct...until January when we splashed out quite a lot on signing and paying Hughes and Purse, after which a lot of fans thought we didn't play anywhere near as well as pre-Christmas!!!

it sounds like our budget is being based on s/t sales solely , do we have a commercial dept . where are the sponsorship deals (matchday aside) , how many boxes will be empty again this season , matchday sponsorships (how many have been filled ? ) .

micky and smurf apparently talk contrary to reports so they tell us . yet we have a situation where micky has lads on trial with us , some he would like to sign but we do not have the funds for . if we have no funds why doesnt smurf just say to micky you are wasting everyones time , if you need players ,look to long term funded loans (freebies) as the budget has gone. its just a ridiculous situation in my eyes .

live within the budget we have obviously but doesnt appear that micky is aware of what the budget was and is at this current time .

Not really if you look at the reactions over the past few days. It seems very cut and dry according to views I've seen. Spend loads = play offs, spend little = relegation, if you believe them of course.

What because some of the drongo's on here overreact!?! No chance. I'm surprised some of them can string a sentence together, never mind predict our fortunes for the coming season.

Remember the Tudor/ Miller/ Rocastle/ Edwards debacle? There is far too much emphasis on budget

What because some of the drongo's on here overreact!?! No chance. I'm surprised some of them can string a sentence together, never mind predict our fortunes for the coming season.

Remember the Tudor/ Miller/ Rocastle/ Edwards debacle? There is far too much emphasis on budget

I remember all too well unfortunately! I'm just trying to offer some perspective on our current situation, which, imo, is far from as bad as some are making out!

Lol, that really made me laugh. You want see it on Facebook it's even worse!! God knows how they'd cope if anything serious ever happened:unsure:

For me we have to live within our means and at the moment we are doing ok by my expectations, throwing money at what is a black hole doesn't guarantee anything on the pitch and can lead to disaster off it, at our level team spirit is much more valuable something you cannot buy and is probably what's got us back in L1 and back on our feet after a disastrous time recently. At the moment I'm content with our standing although it's obvious we need to strengthen but not at any price, IMO.

Archived