onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Huntington in? Davis out?

carpetman123

Thank god we don't read that rubbish anymore!

Leaks can cause issues, look at the Westcarr issue for instance (not that I wanted us to sign him).

when are you going to reveal the name you say you had heard mentioned a few weeks ago REP?

Advert

But to defend Internet social media for one second...

The Internet did not create gossip and rumour. They have been around for a lot longer.

What did people do before social media?

They still gossiped... in pubs, on the coach/train to games, in the workplace and on the terraces! ;)

I'm not absolving the Internet of blame. The ease of communication does undoubtedly lead to rumours spiralling out of control sometimes, but I'm simply pointing out that there were still potentially damaging gossip and rumour flying around before Tim Berners-Lee started doing some coding...

I agree with you Rob and I am a user of social media and dont want a "luddite" world without it as I would miss it. I just believe that its very nature has made the spread of such rumour easier. Twitter and Facebook are not its cause just the means of transmission, very quickly the world knows, not just the guys in the pub.

I certainly don't think we've been negotiating in public.

The odd player's name has crept out here and there, occasionally given credence by the Sentinel confirming the club's interest in that player.

However if there was still a willingness to do a deal on both sides then we would sign the players involved regardless.

It's more worrying why the club is not seen to be an attractive proposition for a number of players, even some of our existing ones.

I agree with you Rob and I am a user of social media and dont want a "luddite" world without it as I would miss it. I just believe that its very nature has made the spread of such rumour easier. Twitter and Facebook are not its cause just the means of transmission, very quickly the world knows, not just the guys in the pub.

I would agree with that. It's the medium of spreading it, not the source of the rumour. I guess the key is to make sure the club doesn't let out any secrets and I tend to agree with Santa's post below - I actually think there have been very few rumours coming out of Vale this summer. In many ways, that is to the club's credit.

p.s. Although I also worry about why so many are leaving/turning us down as well.

I would agree with that. It's the medium of spreading it, not the source of the rumour. I guess the key is to make sure the club doesn't let out any secrets and I tend to agree with Santa's post below - I actually think there have been very few rumours coming out of Vale this summer. In many ways, that is to the club's credit.

p.s. Although I also worry about why so many are leaving/turning us down as well.

I think there will be quite a lot of rumours this summer because vale want about 5 players or more.. but it depends on the playing budget on how many players should sign or not. The playing budget increases by the season ticket sales get more sales. but will have to wait and see. i think it will be a busy summer at vale :).

i forgot to put this down as well....

I also agree with many players either leaving or turning us down as well.. it is also getting the players interested to want to play for us. hopefully we will be able to attract some players to the vale because i still think we have some good ambition to do quite well and i think we can progress as a team. but we got to rebulid the squad this summer after loft and JMW has left and tomlin and hugill also possible to be leaving.

Could be the rummours of our low players budget. This will probably put players off coming here, if they think the club does not want to go places.

But are we any different to most clubs in our league? 6 or 7 clubs can obviously spend more, we need to build the club up, but it takes time. If young players prefer to leave, that makes the job harder. So we concentrate on fewer but better quality players.

there are plenty of good players out there who can make us better!!

I know there are plenty of good players but it is whether they are interested in making the move to vale because the playing budget decreased and the wages which is also might be a problem. some players might want more money than they are given. but hopefully we will be able to spring 5 new signings or more if micky wants more. but will have to wait and see how the next few weeks go through. busy summer at the vale in my opinion.

fixture up date april 18th 2015 sat 15.00 port vale vs preston april 18th 2015 sat 15.00 stoke city vs southhampton looks like a Friday night fixture for us again.

Why can't they move the stoke game for sunday?. it is annoying how they have keep moving vale's games all the time.

Archived