onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England-2014 World Cup.

Hilarious piece on tv over here put together by two UK journalists whose theme was the Uruguay game was lost before it started. It showed the England players singing the National Anthem with a total lack of passion and comparing this with the Italian and Uruguayan teams singing their anthems with pride and passion. OK there was selective editing but the whole of the English team vs Uruguay looked nervous, weak knee'd and frightened.

Then went on to show the reaction of Hodgson when Uruguay scored their second goal, just hilarious, totally without passion. I wonder what someone like Brian Clough would have made of this.

The Psychologist that England employed for this WC needs to go away.

Steve Peters plus the other 76 staff need to be re-assessed.

Advert

I don't understand why everyone is so shocked, we looked poor in the qualifying campaign.

I do think we have a very good crop of young players coming through. Oxlade Chamberlin, Wilshire, Shaw, Stirling, Sturridge, Barkley, Stones, Llalana and Townsend to name a few.

Now is the time to give them the International experience they need, starting with Cost Rica game. Its time to look to the future. Players like Rooney, Johnson and Gerrard should just stand aside. Pick these youngsters for the Euro qualifiers even if it means sacrificing a place in Euro 2016.

Has Andros Townsend seen the light?:unsure:

Brazilian side Fluminese have confirmed the signing of Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend for a fee of £10m.

Hilarious piece on tv over here put together by two UK journalists whose theme was the Uruguay game was lost before it started. It showed the England players singing the National Anthem with a total lack of passion and comparing this with the Italian and Uruguayan teams singing their anthems with pride and passion. OK there was selective editing but the whole of the English team vs Uruguay looked nervous, weak knee'd and frightened.

Then went on to show the reaction of Hodgson when Uruguay scored their second goal, just hilarious, totally without passion. I wonder what someone like Brian Clough would have made of this.

The Psychologist that England employed for this WC needs to go away.

If any of the players are so weak minded they actually need a psychologist, they shouldn't be going to the World Cup anyway!

A month ago we were sending England off very low key. For the first time ever we expected nothing of them. Everyone thought we had no chance. Then we made a mistake. We beat the mighty Peru at Wembley 3-0. Suddenly we could beat the world. Then we thrashed the amazing Ecuador 2-2 (their goals really should have shown even the most optimistic of us that our defence just wasn't up to it.) Following this we demolished World Cup favourites Honduras 0-0. By now everyone was sure that we would qualify 'at least' after all. Some were saying quarter finals, others said semi finals and who knows.

But in the end we were right first time. We never did have a chance. We got carried away again. Keep trying Roy.

A month ago we were sending England off very low key. For the first time ever we expected nothing of them. Everyone thought we had no chance. Then we made a mistake. We beat the mighty Peru at Wembley 3-0. Suddenly we could beat the world. Then we thrashed the amazing Ecuador 2-2 (their goals really should have shown even the most optimistic of us that our defence just wasn't up to it.) Following this we demolished World Cup favourites Honduras 0-0. By now everyone was sure that we would qualify 'at least' after all. Some were saying quarter finals, others said semi finals and who knows.

But in the end we were right first time. We never did have a chance. We got carried away again. Keep trying Roy.

I'm not sure this is quite right. Yes, there was low expectation. But equally we did not expect to be out after two games.

I think we should have had enough about us to get something out of either the Italy or Uruguay game and leave us with a chance of qualifying in the third game. Italy were also coming into the finals in poor form having not won in 8 games and they were made to look very poor against a Costa Rica that basically just ran their socks off, something England failed to do against Uruguay. England gave an average team with a couple of elite players time to play. Unacceptable.

The disappointing thing is we once again talked a good fight ahead of Uruguay and once again failed to deliver. They knew what that had to do and failed dismally. And expectation was raised after the Italy game because they played well and were unlucky not to get anything from that game. So with Uruguay and the so-called also rans of Costa Rica to come, people would quite rightly expect England to have a reasonable chance of getting through.

My expectations ahead of the finals were low, but even with a defeat against Italy, a draw against Uruguay and a win against Costa Rica should have been achievable and would have given us a chance to qualify. It was an awkward group, but it was hardly like we were drawn to play Spain and The Netherlands.

Now if they lose to Costa Rica.. even with an experimental team.. well.. I don't want to even contemplate what the repercussions will be. Even if it is a dead rubber, the expectation will be to win that game. Sounding a bit arrogant I know, but losing to the likes of Costa Rica is something I never expect to happen to any England team in any competition. That would not be acceptable to anyone, surely?

Sounding a bit arrogant I know, but losing to the likes of Costa Rica is something I never expect to happen to any England team in any competition. That would not be acceptable to anyone, surely?

Really, this is a team that are on form and have deservedly beaten the 2 other teams that we've lost against and you expect us to win.

Two games, 3 games, whats it matter ? Fact is most people didn't expect us to qualify a month ago.

I thought we would get the the group. Look at our team and it should be qualifying. I don't understand your argument, of course it matters that were already out! Looking at it the group wasn't that tough, an average Italy side a one man team Uruguay and Costa Rica. So your happy with us being out already just because you expected us not to struggle? Your earlier post says that we got carried away after the friendlies, again I disagree. I don't know one person who thought after beating Peru it made us favourites for the World Cup. It's simple look at the squad and you expect a better showing than the ***** that we displayed, low expectations or not our players should be embarrassed.

Archived