onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England-2014 World Cup.

Hilarious piece on tv over here put together by two UK journalists whose theme was the Uruguay game was lost before it started. It showed the England players singing the National Anthem with a total lack of passion and comparing this with the Italian and Uruguayan teams singing their anthems with pride and passion. OK there was selective editing but the whole of the English team vs Uruguay looked nervous, weak knee'd and frightened.

Then went on to show the reaction of Hodgson when Uruguay scored their second goal, just hilarious, totally without passion. I wonder what someone like Brian Clough would have made of this.

The Psychologist that England employed for this WC needs to go away.

Advert

Hilarious piece on tv over here put together by two UK journalists whose theme was the Uruguay game was lost before it started. It showed the England players singing the National Anthem with a total lack of passion and comparing this with the Italian and Uruguayan teams singing their anthems with pride and passion. OK there was selective editing but the whole of the English team vs Uruguay looked nervous, weak knee'd and frightened.

Then went on to show the reaction of Hodgson when Uruguay scored their second goal, just hilarious, totally without passion. I wonder what someone like Brian Clough would have made of this.

The Psychologist that England employed for this WC needs to go away.

I've seen that too and it's do true!

I don't just think it's Dr Steve Peters that needs to go away, it's every single one of the people involved in this debacle from the manager through the players to the chairman of the FA.

I wouldn't pay any of them in my own ****! :D

Have Costa Rica got a thriving B league?

Lol :D. They've barely got an 'A' league. Just 12 teams involved. Dyke et al are clueless.

Costa Rica demonstrate once again the value of having a balanced team as opposed to trying to shoehorn your best individuals into places they are ineffective. When will England understand this?

I also found this video quite interesting. Here we have an American commenting that "England cannot put a complete 11 together". He's right. If he and the rest of us can see it, why can't the England management? Also Michael Ballack's comment about players like Sterling needing bigger players alongside to grow is absolutely spot on.

Link: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/team/england/448/blog/post/1896280/time-running-out-for-hodgson

With Greg Dyke at the helm we have no chance;

“We’ve had narrow defeats, we haven’t been humiliated, but it’s for the football people and not me to identify why we didn’t win.”

As chair of the FA is he not 'football people'?

What's the purpose of his FA commission again.

**** and elbow comes to mind!

I dont know if we have been humiliated... I do know we have been humbled... not by the teams we played as much as Australia... who came, saw, did their damnedest to win, gave their all with pride and passion and in defeat return home with heads held high and a ****** big smile on their face because they played their game... not the tactical game of stopping your opponent, their game.

I think thats where england fail in every competition... they tactically assign players to cover this player and that player, two man marking on their forward and winger, cover on the left, cover on the right, hold the midfield etc etc etc when they get the ball they forget what to do with it.. the simplistic approach of winning a game by scoring more goals than your opponent has given away to the tactical.... stop your opponent from scoring and nick a goal if you can.

I dont know if we have been humiliated... I do know we have been humbled... not by the teams we played as much as Australia... who came, saw, did their damnedest to win, gave their all with pride and passion and in defeat return home with heads held high and a ****** big smile on their face because they played their game... not the tactical game of stopping your opponent, their game.

I think thats where england fail in every competition... they tactically assign players to cover this player and that player, two man marking on their forward and winger, cover on the left, cover on the right, hold the midfield etc etc etc when they get the ball they forget what to do with it.. the simplistic approach of winning a game by scoring more goals than your opponent has given away to the tactical.... stop your opponent from scoring and nick a goal if you can.

Exactly. Teams like Spain, Brazil, Germany and Argentina play to win. England play not to lose. I know which kind of team I'd rather see.

I don't understand why everyone is so shocked, we looked poor in the qualifying campaign.

I do think we have a very good crop of young players coming through. Oxlade Chamberlin, Wilshire, Shaw, Stirling, Sturridge, Barkley, Stones, Llalana and Townsend to name a few.

Now is the time to give them the International experience they need, starting with Cost Rica game. Its time to look to the future. Players like Rooney, Johnson and Gerrard should just stand aside. Pick these youngsters for the Euro qualifiers even if it means sacrificing a place in Euro 2016.

I don't understand why everyone is so shocked, we looked poor in the qualifying campaign.

I do think we have a very good crop of young players coming through. Oxlade Chamberlin, Wilshire, Shaw, Stirling, Sturridge, Barkley, Stones, Llalana and Townsend to name a few.

Now is the time to give them the International experience they need, starting with Cost Rica game. Its time to look to the future. Players like Rooney, Johnson and Gerrard should just stand aside. Pick these youngsters for the Euro qualifiers even if it means sacrificing a place in Euro 2016.

We should but sadly we won't and people like Johnson, Gerrard and Rooney will be allowed to play on.

We should but sadly we won't and people like Johnson' date=' Gerrard and Rooney will be allowed to play on.[/quote']

Yep that's feeling Im getting, Gerrard will be to old to play at Euro 2016 but he will play in the qualifiers just like Lampard, Terry and Cole. Rooney will be 30 nearly 31. Johnson I just don't understand Micah Richards is a far better rb than Johnson and he can play cb too.

Yep that's feeling Im getting, Gerrard will be to old to play at Euro 2016 but he will play in the qualifiers just like Lampard, Terry and Cole. Rooney will be 30 nearly 31. Johnson I just don't understand Micah Richards is a far better rb than Johnson and he can play cb too.

Richards never plays though. Clyne is the one I'd choose over Johnson.

Richards never plays though. Clyne is the one I'd choose over Johnson.

He won Man City player of the year when they won the title in 2012, lost his position to arguably the best RB in the world. I do like Clyne and I think Chambers is going be a really great player. Thank god for Southampton.

He won Man City player of the year when they won the title in 2012, lost his position to arguably the best RB in the world. I do like Clyne and I think Chambers is going be a really great player. Thank god for Southampton.

Richards needs to move on. City will have Sagna in July so he's at least third choice right back next season. He's hurting his career at City.

He played so few games last season he didn't qualify for a premiership winners medal, I'm not sure if he's had injuries or not though.

Not sure he was injured. He played twice in the league, three times in the F.A. Cup, twice in the League Cup and three times in the Champions League.

He's a versatile player that I am sure will attract attention from the better sides in the PL if he was made available.

Archived