onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Player Of The Season - Tom Pope

Memphis

Advert

Why always waste your time to have a dig at vale fans? You're as bad as REP!!

Why bring me into a thread I've only just read and not posted on! By your own twisted logic that makes you just as bad as the poster you were quoting! :laugh:

I wouldn't be quite so quick to be influenced by other posters who create preconceived ideas about me despite their own sub-standard behaviour of defending / supporting the actions of racist chanting and thugs ;)

Anyway back on topic, well done Pope another award to cherish. Personally I thought Loft and Neal would have been above him given their outstanding performances this season, particularly Loft who has upped his performance levels from last season (which Pope couldn't possibly have done given his sensational season last season) but indeed a great result for him.

Who won the other awards?

So it shows them how fickle they are. All I ever read on here after a defeat are Adams out, drop pope,smurf out, Christ where's that "relegation reality" thread ?

Yet if we win, 4 pages max of comments from people who attended.

I sometimes wonder whether they are vale fans or sh it fans on the wind up

One of the things I was always taught when starting my first job (answering Internet complaints, ironically enough) was that there is much research that shows people are much more willing to interact if it is a complaint than praise. That's true in most walks of life - if you have bad service you are more likely to complain than you are to write in praising good service.

Yes, it's not a 100% rule but the stats show that there is 80% chance of you interacting with a complaint and a 20% chance of you interacting with praise.

So, that's what happens on OVF. It is isn't specific to this forum but this forum reflects human beings. People are more inclined to complain than praise.

I have just looked on a Wolves forum. Wolves, you remember them, top of the table, record-breaking side.

A few of the most popular threads:

Morons on the pitch

A bunch of spolit princesses complaining

Heaven knows I am a miserable old g*t

Gosh, they sound happy, don't they!

So, I do believe this is just OVF reflecting the rest of the world, not something specific to this forum or indeed something you can change.

If you are one of life's "glass half-full" people then lucky you but I really don't think you are going to change people's reluctance to praise and eagerness to criticise. If you can't take it, then social media in all its forms probably isn't for you!

I'm pleased as I voted for Pope who I think gives 100% every time he plays, despite getting battered from pillar to post some weeks and not getting the service he got last year. He's still had a great season.

My other two choices would be Loft and Dicko - two more who never hide when they're playing and give their all.

I hope we can keep all three.

One of the things I was always taught when starting my first job (answering Internet complaints, ironically enough) was that there is much research that shows people are much more willing to interact if it is a complaint than praise. That's true in most walks of life - if you have bad service you are more likely to complain than you are to write in praising good service.

Yes, it's not a 100% rule but the stats show that there is 80% chance of you interacting with a complaint and a 20% chance of you interacting with praise.

So, that's what happens on OVF. It is isn't specific to this forum but this forum reflects human beings. People are more inclined to complain than praise.

I have just looked on a Wolves forum. Wolves, you remember them, top of the table, record-breaking side.

A few of the most popular threads:

Morons on the pitch

A bunch of spolit princesses complaining

Heaven knows I am a miserable old g*t

Gosh, they sound happy, don't they!

So, I do believe this is just OVF reflecting the rest of the world, not something specific to this forum or indeed something you can change.

If you are one of life's "glass half-full" people then lucky you but I really don't think you are going to change people's reluctance to praise and eagerness to criticise. If you can't take it, then social media in all its forms probably isn't for you!

Thanks Rob, in a nutshell I basically got if you don't want to read negative rubbish don't come on ovf?

Thanks Rob, in a nutshell I basically got if you don't want to read negative rubbish don't come on ovf?

No just that you get miserable negativity everywhere in life.

The trick is to not let it affect you, I'd far rather have the happy, positive and constructive outlook on the incredible life before me rather than wollow in misery, its people's choice.

The world could be a truly sensational place if people do the right things :)

Erm, no you clearly haven't got me. As I said - if you don't want negativity you need to stay off all social media as it is a natural human reaction to moan before praising. It is by no means exclusive to OVF!

I'd also like positivity, I think the team deserve much praise today, but I would just smile and let the moaners have their moan. By those stats, for every moaner, there's eight happy people.

p.s. And it's something you are doing BTW... moaning about moaning as it were ;)

take a bow popey. I thought lofty had a decent season after a poor season in league 2. dickos passion is undeniable, and lines was in contention until Christmas where he for some reason started to disappear a lot in games. second half of the season duffy at CB was exceptional and needs to stay there now no more right back for him!

popey a worthy winner. right onto next season !

Archived