onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A level of calm please

Mattholl

No, the last one I had was regarding defending their stance on the trouble at the Wolves away game.

That wasn't really the point I was trying to make Barry as that belongs on the SC Meeting site. I was suggesting that if something that big had happened surely they would have lead with it in their press release and encouraged supporters to attend to hear big news as they have in the past.

My response was for melv, not a dig at you mon ami :)

Advert

was there an email communication to SC members?

Not as far as i know.I did see a mention about the meeting on FB telling people that there was a meeting.The people that did attend must have found out somehow.

And YES info about meetings needs to be improved.

Not as far as i know.I did see a mention about the meeting on FB telling people that there was a meeting.The people that did attend must have found out somehow.

And YES info about meetings needs to be improved.

The thing is melv, like many I don't do Facebook or Twitter hence the reason I chose to be added to the SC email list for updates etc. - like the one early in March re. the Wolves issues.

Okay, the chances for me to attend SC meetings are zilch, but until recently the SC has kept us informed about most things Port Vale.

Then again, who'd be on the SC Committee these days? They are on a hiding to nothing - damned if they do; damned if they don't.

Barry :)

One question Mattholl, how are Leyton Orient managing on an Avg. this season 5317 and being situated where they are geographically ie southerners higher wages etc.

They have one of the richest sports promoters in the country who is a fan running them, hardly an ideal comparison to be honest

REP

I'm worried about you. You seem to be omnipresent on the site.

Scurrying from thread to thread trying to defend the indefensible.

Face facts and give yourself a well-earned break from the keyboard:blink:

Eddie im quite worried about you, for a football fan you seem to know **** all about much to do with football at all

explain how NS should solve the problem he is currently in which is that he is solely running the club out of his pocket and still produce a better budget playing budget for next year, whilst lowering gate prices for fans?

this i cant wait for :)

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, which we cannot control, we fans MUST continue to support the Team.:yes: By turning up in numbers we can at least show we are behind the lads and doing what we can to maintain our Great Club.:yes: Absolutely no point whatsoever in the fan base becoming divided again over matters that need to be resolved in the Boardroom. We have to be united as Valiants.:yes:

Couldn't agree more.

So we've have an owner who's a tad larger than life, is not used to taking no for an answer, likes to get his own way, likes to say things and sometimes things he probably wishes he hadn't and is fallible at times and admits it. These are not reasons to drive him out. There is too much emotive language being used, eg "playing budget to be slashed" when no one has a clue at what next season's playing budget will be.

What is the objective of all this negativity, a new owner, good luck with that one but don't be to amnesic, or is it perusing through the veins of Vale fans after V2001/MOLD, I hope its the latter.

IMO since Smurf took over we've had too much success too soon. PVFC reminds me of the "Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing model of group/team development. The club is currently in the Storming phase where arguments and tensions abound, just lets hope Smurf is skilled enough to make the right decisions and move the club to the next phase producing more success and stability.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, which we cannot control, we fans MUST continue to support the Team.:yes: By turning up in numbers we can at least show we are behind the lads and doing what we can to maintain our Great Club.:yes: Absolutely no point whatsoever in the fan base becoming divided again over matters that need to be resolved in the Boardroom. We have to be united as Valiants.:yes:

I think everyone would agree with this, but I don't think it's ever been reunited since the last lot! There was brief moments (Burton, Northampton) but there will be always different groups that think there way forward is the best.

It's also hard to have a united club, when you can't really trust a word the chairman says.

Now I would apply for that' date=' 50k per year basic, add ons, work from home role and a blimming big bat or something to quash the rumours and rumour mongerers with ;)[/quote']

I couldn't possibly take the pay cut ;)

Mind you if they gave me a legal waiver to bash the rumour spreaders I'd consider it

"Wanted Rumour Quasher: Must be willing to work flexible hours and be willing to travel. Full training will be given and all tools required for the job (blood resistant overalls, head gear, lump of wood with a rusty nail in it, baseball bat) will be provided. No previous experience required but if you share any genes with Alan Pardew that will be an advantage.

You will report to the head of security (Norman), the head of PR (Norman) and the head of Reprisals (Norman)

PVFC is an Equal Opportunities employer in that we'll take on anyone who is deperate and everyone has equal (non-existant) prospects for development

Please send applications wrapped around a housebrick to Norman "What did you say you ********?" Smurthwaite, first window on the left, Vale Park, Burslem"

Mind you if they gave me a legal waiver to bash the rumour spreaders I'd consider it

"Wanted Rumour Quasher: Must be willing to work flexible hours and be willing to travel. Full training will be given and all tools required for the job (blood resistant overalls, head gear, lump of wood with a rusty nail in it, baseball bat) will be provided. No previous experience required but if you share any genes with Alan Pardew that will be an advantage.

You will report to the head of security (Norman), the head of PR (Norman) and the head of Reprisals (Norman)

PVFC is an Equal Opportunities employer in that we'll take on anyone who is deperate and everyone has equal (non-existant) prospects for development

Please send applications wrapped around a housebrick to Norman "What did you say you ********?" Smurthwaite, first window on the left, Vale Park, Burslem"

:laugh:

Eddie im quite worried about you, for a football fan you seem to know **** all about much to do with football at all

explain how NS should solve the problem he is currently in which is that he is solely running the club out of his pocket and still produce a better budget playing budget for next year, whilst lowering gate prices for fans?

this i cant wait for :)

Don't hold your breath, you will suffocate! ;)

For me I would guess he's either linked to v2001 or a Stoke fan winding us all up....

I have to admit sometimes I'm a little bit in love with you! ;)

Archived