onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Charlie Adam

Jacko51

Advert

Your last sentence is quite amusing, read your posts after every game you're always bleating on about refereeing decisions going against Vale. Fans in blinkered view on their own club shocker........ :D

"I know fans go on about refereeing decisions" - That's what I said. Straight after the game is one thing - for days afterwards and claiming that it is all a plot by the FA is another completely. And with all due respect, TP, I suggest you search my after match comments and find all the ones which bleat on about refereeing decisions. You won't find many. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a ridiculous attempt to justify your own fans/clubs' stupidly OTT reaction to this affair.

Anything else to say in response to my post btw - or do you accept the rest??

Your last sentence is quite amusing, read your posts after every game you're always bleating on about refereeing decisions going against Vale. Fans in blinkered view on their own club shocker........ :D

Thats fans of all clubs to be fair, cue a massive rant by one or two regarding the performance of the 'worst referee we have had this season' since the last one and the fact Pope gets battered all game whilst ignoring what our centre halves get away with ;)

TP the question is could he have avoided stamping on him? I think he could so it was deliberate. He is a great loss and hopefully you will get stuffed in his absence mon ami ...

To be fair Dave I don't think anyone could realistically say it was a stamping motion. To complete a stamp you raise your knee. What Adam did was simply land on him and not avoid him. Whether he meant to do it ultimately only the man himself knows.

I don't like Adam much at all, I had the misfortune to officiate a couple of reserve team games involving him when he was at Blackpool coming back from injury and his attitude was awful however when I ran the line in a behind closed doors Stoke game not so long ago he was great in sorting out the even worse attitude of Pennant who kept 'falling over his own laces' but I do think in this case he was harshly treated, possibly his history with Spurs et al coming back to haunt him!

To be fair to Stoke fans who have watched their side for 25 years or more, they have seen far worse tackles that have gone unpunished (Foley etc) and probably think they can get away with it in the spotlight of the premier league.

Adam knew what he was doing and has previous for some bad tackles and disrespect for his fellow professionals.

Foley etc? Any other examples?

Surely Foley is enough, how someone's lower leg can bend that far back has always amazed me, I think Aspin was a contortionist in his spare time!

I think Beeston may well have done a few along with Cranson and Overson, rember him trying to help Guppy up once while he was treading on him trying to keep him down.

Mind you we have had our share of horror tackles in the past, Morsy twice last season, Colin Miles who was definitely a ****ing mentalist, Jason Talbot and Toomy Widdrington!

Some talk about FA conspiracies not all, you generalise of course.

I don't generalise but I note you can't read. Unless of course you can direct me to the post where I have said ALL Stoke fans are doing this.

If Adam's was a 3 match ban I'd like to think that 'thug' Pardew is looking at 8 games minimum.....

If Pardew gets away with an 8 game ban he'll be very lucky because he's an idiot to do what he did. What that has got to do with this discussion is a mystery to me, however, but I'm sure you have your reasons for bringing it up.

I note you got another red today - I heard Hughes on the radio saying it was harsh and he would look to see if he could get the three game ban reduced, not rescinded but reduced. It is desperately disappointing when the English game has managers in the Premier League who haven't got a ****** clue about how the disciplinary system works. I suppose he thinks if he claims another conspiracy they might let Walters off with a good talking too? I also note you got your second penalty in a couple of games - I thought Stoke never got decisions according to a fair number of your lot. Indeed, I bet if that penalty that Arsenal got last week had been given against your lot, some of your fans would have been going on about the big clubs getting all the decisions and how it was all accidental!!

When did I say Stoke never get decisions? I note you can't read either, although you're quite good at being slightly patronising ;)

"I thought Stoke never got decisions according to a fair number of your lot." Come on TP, you'll have to do better than that. Stop telling me what you think I've said and respond to what I've actually said. My initial post was in response to the numpties on P&G last night, not you personally.

Anyway, I've had my say on this so you can be as patronising as you like in response

Heard it on P & G after I posted. He did a Tottenham player who missed four games after Adams did him.

He's put it about a lot recently and been lucky not to be sent off a few times, yet some are moaning!1. to be fair most on P & G agreed it was correct. Hasn't he "done" Spurs players about 3 times now? Bale in a "friendly"

The thing is, Stoke keep banging on about how they are a little club and never get a decision and the big clubs get favoured. Yet in the next breath they bang on about what a terrible disciplinary record Arsenal have got and how they have had far more players sent off than Stoke. Does the contradicition in those two statements not strike them as bleeding obvious.

Secondly, they are banging on about the Yaya Toure business. That has got nowt to do with whether or not Adam deserved to get a red. If the FA made a mistake there, why should they compound it by making another mistake by letting Adam off? It's again like kids expecting not to be punished for wrong doing by saying "But he was doing it as well".

Scholes said "clubs like ours rarely succeed with appeals". Yet the stats show that in the last ten years Stoke have had four retrospective reds, the same as Man United, and two less than Arsenal and Man City. Adam got away with a very nasty foul on Paulinho in the game against Spurs. The bloke got ligament damage and was out for ages. Adam has form - he is a nasty piece of work - most Premier League teams have one. He also got away with a nasty challenge from behind in the box against West Brom - no foul, no card. Yet we constantly have Stoke fans on P&G bleating about how they are badly done to and how the refs have a downer on them. It's ludicrous. Do they really think that all refs get together and say let's dump on Stoke?

I know fans go on about refereeing decisions but the ridiculous reaction to this Adam affair from fans and club officials alike is, quite frankly, pathetic and childish in my opinion.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Stoke fans are getting to be the biggest whiners in the Premier League. It was deliberate by Adam & he deserves his ban.

Easier for Stoke to play the woe by me card than discipline their own player though eh.

Mark Hughes must be the biggest whinger in football. It's pathetic.

Of course, I'm a Vale fan but feel no ill will towards Stoke & view their matches as so.

In my opinion, in the last few games, all decisions involving Stoke have been called right, for & against. Adam was a red card vs Arsenal as was Walters vs Norwich.

If anything I think Stoke did well in that the penalty vs Norwich was on the soft side.

Archived