onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post Match Comments - Wolves 3 Port Vale 0

?? So you wouldn't keep Dickinson who is likely to be player of the season?

I think he's expensive and over rated. He's better than most of our other defenders but judging from our results I think he can replaced relatively easily. As one of the more experienced players he should also be leading my example but gets booked every other game for dissent. He hasn't contributed enough for me to be gutted if he left.

Advert

I don't see it as a knee jerk reaction. I knew we'd lose today as did any realistic Vale fan.

For me the bigger picture is our league form in 2014, pl 10 w2 d1 l7. Repeat that until end of season & we might just about stay up.

I can't understand what Adams sees in jones, he hasn't performed for the last 4 games, and I will say it - he's a coward, an utter disgrace who hides and pulls out of tackles, but brave in newspaper interviews. I wish the season would end now so we can say not bad, have a clear out and plan for next season, as at this rate we will limp over the survival line if lucky and drop and few hundred more fans along the way.

I think he's expensive and over rated. He's better than most of our other defenders but judging from our results I think he can replaced relatively easily. As one of the more experienced players he should also be leading my example but gets booked every other game for dissent. He hasn't contributed enough for me to be gutted if he left.

He's one of those 'passionate' players that Vale fans adore, regardless of ability.

Yes, he punches the air and everything, but he really isn't as good as some people make out.

He's one of those 'passionate' players that Vale fans adore, regardless of ability.

Yes, he punches the air and everything, but he really isn't as good as some people make out.

This is my view of him. He's all about the passion, talks a great game, but in reality he isn't that great. He got done like a kipper against Crewe a few times.

Special note to the Vale massive, who are, without a doubt, the most cringe-worthy fans I have ever seen in football. There must be about 9 brain cells in the 100 'yoofs' who stood in the far left corner of the stand throughout the game.

Totally agree & extra name/shame goes to the idjet in a yellow top who knocked over the little girl by pushing & shoving in the left corner aswell as the scumbags who threw pies and empty beer bottles about in the concourse.

Best left-back we have had since Alan Tankard. Perhaps we could replace him then with another Craig James, Jason Talbot, Sam Stockley, Colin Miles, Michael Bell or Phil Hardy?

Good left-backs are so easy to come across aren't they?!

Best left-back we have had since Alan Tankard. Perhaps we could replace him then with another Craig James, Jason Talbot, Sam Stockley, Colin Miles, Michael Bell or Phil Hardy?

Good left-backs are so easy to come across aren't they?!

That's your opinion, not mine.

You could replace him with Micky mouse and this side probably wouldn't be any worse. I'm not blaming Dickinson for this as he's nowhere near th worst of them but he has to take some responsibility in being part of one the most useless defences in this league.

Don't think that we can say that we were unlucky.

6-1 would have been fair reflection of the match.

At least it was sunny.

I despair of the type of fans we take away for the big games but my family didn't get abused by our own fans today, so that was a big bonus.

There needs to be some major shake-ups at the Club and if Smurthwaite had ANY balls he would tell us wtf is happening off the pitch. Having said that he's still learning about football zzZZZZZZ :laugh:

Played ok first half.Tom should have scored.Billy Knott did well ,showed why Griff should never wear a Vale shirt again this season.Won tackles without diving in,set Popey up.Comfortable on the ball.Defence had one or two scary moments but did well.Second half ,I think ' chasing shadows' is the phrase commonly used.Strange line-up with the personnel used.Don't think Lines should play behind the striker but what do I know we're lucky to have Micky making such decisions.Was Duffy injured? If he wasn't why **** about with the defence.?

That's your opinion, not mine.

You could replace him with Micky mouse and this side probably wouldn't be any worse. I'm not blaming Dickinson for this as he's nowhere near th worst of them but he has to take some responsibility in being part of one the most useless defences in this league.

Far too simplistic. Our defence isn't the worst in the league on performances. They're probably about average. Our midfield mind has to currently be the worst in the league. No one in midfield is creating anything for the forwards, no one in midfield chips in with goals (loft aside) & no one in midfield does anything to help the defence when other teams are attacking. That's where our big problems lie.

Maybe not, but I'll reserve judgement on that until the end of the season because, as I've said before, I can't see where our next points are coming from.

Its been glaringly obvious for months that this is essentially a league 2 Squad thats been punching well above its weight in early season to create false optimism and expectations . Now the wheels have come off big time and we need to bring better qualty players in on loan to get past fifty points asap.

Archived