onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW Bone Idle

old sage

If we are talking of daft comments then your remarks about Pope are among the best. One thing you can never question is his effort. Did he fail to win a header on Saturday? Yes he gets frustrated but who wouldn't be with the crap service he is getting.

I said other than Saturday when was the last time he played well, Oldham and Brighton at home he did not try, he did not win one header. I am getting frustrated with Pope throwing his arms in the air when he constantly gives away free kicks, and his lack of effort is plain for all to see apart from you. I am not talking about Saturday as I was not there and can not comment but every match I have attended he has been one of the most uniterested players on the pitch. I am not slagging off Pope but he is not immune from criticism just like JMW isn't and the rest of the Port Vale squad and management.

Advert

We were doing ok until the transfer window closed now Adams got to work with what we've got and unfortunately to many aren't showing up.Cant see where Popeys going to get any service from cus it won't be from JMW.

Perhaps Mickey should follow the Crewe model When in the s h i t e get sum proper footballers in on loan if crewe hadnt dun that they wud already be doomed to div 2 imho

A hundred grand is a ****in' big swallow! He's second in the scoring charts after Pope and second in the assists after Lines. He's contributed directly to 14 goals. Even if you take away his two penalties that's more goals he scored or created than anyone in the squad apart from Pope. Yes he can be frustrating but if you noticed on Saturday, as soon as he came on the pitch Crewe had two men on him every time he got the ball - that happens loads of times. The local commentator on the Bradford game couldn't understand why we hadn't picked him because he ripped them apart last season. Other teams seem to recognise his value to our team more than our own fans do.

Just give him a break - he's far from the only player under-performing at the moment.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding JMW's contributions. It's just the memory of him meandering around doing nothing sticks in my mind.

Wished we had had 10 men on the pitch these last 3 games! In effect we've only had 3 or 4 at best! Rest have been abysmal= JMW/Yates/Tomlin/Grif/Lines/Loft.:yes:

You have hit the nail on the head most of the players mentioned are all midfielders and are not turning up for games but say in the sentinel that they want to stay at vale is this because the training is easy and they can get away with it. Knowing they will get picked for the next game ,will M A leave loft, lines, grif out for the wolves game and bring in Dodds, Birch, Knott, in I don't think so but he keeps saying I'll make changes so start M A change the midfield we can't be any worse than we are now.

Overly harsh on JMW in my opinion.

I agree he's not been great this season apart from patches but I still think he's had a decent season. You can see when he plays, teams are scared of him. Crewe doubled up on him on Saturday.

Overly harsh on Crewe too. Crewe without pogba & Aneke = relegation as witnessed from start of season but with those 2 they're comfortably a 10th-12th team. Pope must dream of playing with a forward player as good as them.

I'd say if we'd had either 1 of those 2 this season, we'd be in the playoffs despite our deficiencies elsewhere.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding JMW's contributions. It's just the memory of him meandering around doing nothing sticks in my mind.

I just get annoyed with people who have fixed opinions on players and won't judge by what they see on the pitch each game. You think JMW is a pile of idle poo and you think Tom Pope is god. So you watch the game with that in mind, criticising JMW for each mistake and overlooking anything he does right - like the great lay off to Pope on Saturday when Davies cleared off the line - misskick you said!! Similarly with Pope, if he has a bad game you constantly make excuses for him blaming other people for not providing proper service. Tom was superb on Saturday just as he was poor in one or two recent games. I'd just ask you, Mike, to stop blaming one for everything and making excuses for the other all the time. Go with an open mind and judge what you see, not what your prejudice tells you.

I'm not sure that JMW should be singled-out as the main problem.

There were plenty more who should be questioning themselves this morning on the training pitch.

Indeed. JMW created the chance where their Davis headed off the line. JMW was no worse than most of the rest.

I have to agree with Old Sage. I think that it is perfectly fair to criticise a player when he shows no appetite for the cause and that is exactly what JMW is doing at the moment. Yes he gets double marked but what does he do to try to lose his markers? When did we last see him make a run off the ball to pull the opposition out of position to help a team mate create an opening? I seriously can't think when, if ever, this has happened.

He is not the worst player we have but his effort is definitely insulting to those of us who pay his wages. If he is a winger then surely his number one priority is to get to the byline and cross the ball. Again, when did we last see this. All of the balls that Pope has to feed off come from yards behind him which is a defenders dream. I am constantly amazed just how many of these long punts he manages to get his head to.

I suspect that Adams' instructions to JMW contribute to his poor contribution. This again points to Adams' lack of tactical nous or inventiveness.

I could go on but what's the point? We are playing absolute garbage at the moment but I shall still be there at Wolves on Saturday fearing the worst and hoping for a miracle!

Cheers

I think that a lot of fans seem to get ability and effort mixed-up. How many do we have to hear that "Player x puts a load of effort so keep off his back."

JMW is a quality player but just because he's not from Stoke/always puts a shift in/shows he cares etc doesn't warrant some of the bile on this thread.

Why not have a threads like:

Dicko-gets booked too many times.

Griff- why does he create nothing?

I think that a lot of fans seem to get ability and effort mixed-up.
I agreed with you up to this point. I certainly don't get mixed up with ability and effort but I simply detest to see players with a talent wasting it by being both idle and uncaring and I'm sorry but Jennison comes into that bracket. A bloke can only give his best but Myrie Williams simply never does this and it really makes me angry. Yet many on here keep not only accepting his poor work rate but actually defend him.

I wouldn't have singled JMW out myself, he is a frustrating player and I identify with a lot of the things that wind people up about him. I'm not saying that he played particularly well, but he wasn't egregious either amongst the other players.

We did at least look lively in the last 15 of the first half after he came on, and we might have continued to do so if the penalty at the start of the second half hadn't killed the game.

Archived