onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW Bone Idle

old sage

If a player being used on the right wing can not use his right foot he can't run to the bye line and put in a cross to the strikers unless he has bag's of time to change his position to use his left foot.

That is one of the main reasons why strikers like Pope are starved of passes.

Manager Adams may have tried JMW on the left in training but found him to be an incompetent crosser of the ball in that position also. JMW often wanders into a strikers position knowing that he can't cross the ball very well and he maybe prefers to be a striker. He is of no use as a winger and if Adams can't find a place for him as a striker he should a squad player only until his contract runs out.

Advert

A key word there League 2 He was excellent last season, and has been at times this season, but has been so lazy recently and just dosent look interested. We cannot pick a player on last seasons success, recently he has not been up to it. With the way he is currently performing its as if we have 10 men on the pitch.

Wished we had had 10 men on the pitch these last 3 games! In effect we've only had 3 or 4 at best! Rest have been abysmal= JMW/Yates/Tomlin/Grif/Lines/Loft.:yes:

Why? OK he has scored one or two good goals but I don't count Penalties. On the basis of what you are saying then we shouldn't leave Robertson out because he has scored a few good goals too.

Seriously his goals apart what has he contributed to the team this season?

Apart from his goals,could say the same about Daniel Sturridge.

Assists,did you notice how he set up Popey in the first half only for him to miss a sitter.

When JMW engages his brain he's definitely League One material,whereas Williamson,Dodds and a few more are certainly not.

Apart from his goals,could say the same about Daniel Sturridge.

Assists,did you notice how he set up Popey in the first half only for him to miss a sitter.

I think you are talking about the one which if JMW had any kind of a right foot would have buried but he fannyed about before miskicking it to Pope when it was too late.

I think you are talking about the one which if JMW had any kind of a right foot would have buried but he fannyed about before miskicking it to Pope when it was too late.

Your view on JMW has always been quite clear, even last season I remember after the Wimbledon home match when we battered them 3 - 0 you spent days absolutely hammering JMW. I agree he's been poor recently, and you make soom good points, however when you come out with nonsense like that above, "miskicking" it to Pope, you lose a bit of credibility in my eyes. It was a two yard pass, yes he should have done better when the ball first came to him, but he didn't miss kick it to Pope at all, that's just a blatant petulant lie.

What I will say about JMW is that when he's on his game (yes, I know it's not often enough), and he receives the ball out wide, I'm soon on the edge of my seat. Sometimes I'll then lean back with my head in my hands and start hurling a torrent at him in frustration, but I still always want us to get the ball wide to him. The frustrating thing is that we know he's capable of the type of goal he scored against Shrewsbury or Oldham, and I'll never forget his amazing run and cross for Pope away at Exeter last season.

I think the fact he hasn't been starting recently tells you all you need to know about Micky's thoughts on his game just recently. His inconsistency is the reason he's a lower league player. If he played the way we know he can every week he'd be playing at a higher level.

I have Biscuit Tin but I can remember (just) Jones having a decent game and two he is currently playing out of position. JMW on the other hand now let me think........:unsure:........:doh:

When was the last time Jones had a good game? Other than Saturday when was the last time Pope had a good game? When was the last time Griff, Lines, Dodds, Tomlin and Yates have a good game. You can't just single out JMW for not feeding your hero Tom Pope. Last year Yates was whipping balls in for fun for Popey. Everytime I have seen Pope this season he has had decent balls in the box but either failed to win the header or didn't bother going for it. So maybe its time we look for a forward who has more in his locker than relying on other players. In your eyes Pope gets away with poor performances week in week out because you pass the buck onto someone else.

Most Vale fans are now realising that Jenno is a very idle 'fancy Dan'.

So Jenno please find another club and let us bring in a wideman who will occasionally get to the byeline and cross the ball.

What a load of rubbish. Jenno might be hit and miss sometimes but he's one of our most talented players. To tell him to find another club is idiocy. There were 5-6 others who I would try to single out as a scapegoat from saturday if i were you. Jones and Lines looked more disinterested than JMW on saturday and even Griff was shirking challenges and work throughout.

JMW does more on than many other players, such as Dan Jones who hardly breaks a sweat. I'd like to hear what MA wants him to do. If you recall last season both Jeno and Vincent were pushing on all the time (too much IMO). I never heard MA asking them to come back, just to push on.

Sage - you can not expect Jeno to hit the bye line and cross unless he is playing on the left. I can't understand the logic of playing him on the right but I don't see what they do in training.

I think his confidence is low at present, he has just been dropped. I do agree with posters stating that we would play better with a 4.3.3 / 4.5.1 formation and Jeno out wide. I'd play Dodds too as he is proven to work well with Tom, who is clearly still the best forward we have as neither Hugill or Williamson have taken their chances. Surely this formation would work better with our current squad, especially when comparing it to the static performances of the past 4 games.

Wished we had had 10 men on the pitch these last 3 games! In effect we've only had 3 or 4 at best! Rest have been abysmal= JMW/Yates/Tomlin/Grif/Lines/Loft.:yes:

What has Yates done?! He's been solid for me. And don't slate Loft I mentioned he was out of form a few weeks ago and all hell broke loose!

Why? OK he has scored one or two good goals but I don't count Penalties. On the basis of what you are saying then we shouldn't leave Robertson out because he has scored a few good goals too.

Seriously his goals apart what has he contributed to the team this season?

At Plymouth JMW made the equaliser for Williamson and then scored the winner. That contriubtion alone made the club in excess of £100,000. He was poor on Saturday like virtually all the rest of the team but your criticism is way OTT, Owd.

To be honest I'm sick of the lot of them at the moment. Myrie Williams is very frustrating and lazy but then so are most of them. I was disgusted with Saturday's performance and Adams is gifting the game to the opposition it seems at the moment with his clueless negative tactics.

For me we haven't played well since Rotherham at home at Christmas. Hopefully, we can get over the 50 point mark and clear some of this lot out.

At Plymouth JMW made the equaliser for Williamson and then scored the winner. That contriubtion alone made the club in excess of £100,000. He was poor on Saturday like virtually all the rest of the team but your criticism is way OTT, Owd.
One swallow comes to mind Jean. The reason I am so critical is because we all know that he has the talent to achieve so much more. He is a huge disappointment in my opinion.

When was the last time Jones had a good game? Other than Saturday when was the last time Pope had a good game? When was the last time Griff, Lines, Dodds, Tomlin and Yates have a good game. You can't just single out JMW for not feeding your hero Tom Pope. Last year Yates was whipping balls in for fun for Popey. Everytime I have seen Pope this season he has had decent balls in the box but either failed to win the header or didn't bother going for it. So maybe its time we look for a forward who has more in his locker than relying on other players. In your eyes Pope gets away with poor performances week in week out because you pass the buck onto someone else.
If we are talking of daft comments then your remarks about Pope are among the best. One thing you can never question is his effort. Did he fail to win a header on Saturday? Yes he gets frustrated but who wouldn't be with the crap service he is getting.

One swallow comes to mind Jean. The reason I am so critical is because we all know that he has the talent to achieve so much more. He is a huge disappointment in my opinion.

A hundred grand is a ****in' big swallow! He's second in the scoring charts after Pope and second in the assists after Lines. He's contributed directly to 14 goals. Even if you take away his two penalties that's more goals he scored or created than anyone in the squad apart from Pope. Yes he can be frustrating but if you noticed on Saturday, as soon as he came on the pitch Crewe had two men on him every time he got the ball - that happens loads of times. The local commentator on the Bradford game couldn't understand why we hadn't picked him because he ripped them apart last season. Other teams seem to recognise his value to our team more than our own fans do.

Just give him a break - he's far from the only player under-performing at the moment.

What has Yates done?! He's been solid for me. And don't slate Loft I mentioned he was out of form a few weeks ago and all hell broke loose!

Mate, if you read the majority of my posts over the past 18 months or so you will realise that I am the biggest fan of Captain Doug and I have defended Yates throughout, when most were crucifying him.

However even I have to accept that Adam's form of late has been woeful. His injury must be getting at him along with the virus sweeping the Club of "not caring a jot." He has seen other defenders backing off and off and he's starting to do that too. His usual crosses to Pope etc have also dried up and on Saturday, Tom(Yates' best mate) was constantly having a go at him for his poor distribution. Where I sit I defend Yates all the time but recently his form has dipped. As far as Doug is concerned I love him to bits. He has always given 100% plus to Vale and his normal game of working box to box has carried the midfield in many games but he too, lately has run out of steam. I know he covers for everyone in midfield and defence but it looks like he is either carrying a knock or he has lost his Mo-Jo. Perhaps he's absolutely fed up with playing in a team that has half of the players not on song on the same day?

I try and see the good in all Vale players and perhaps I am biased for Lofty and Yates but come on mate you have to admit the both of them are dragged down recently to Vale's lethargic, flatfooted ways. Personally I think the whole squad, and management want a good kick up the :censored: to make them realise we are in a bit of a slump and there is always one team in every league that slides down to oblivion at this time of the season and I DO NOT WANT THAT TO BE VALE.;)

Archived