onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Colchester 0, Post Match discussion.

Fosse69

Advert

Can I just say I am not anti-Hugill - As I have been unable to travel to away games for a little while now I can only judge on what I see in his home games.

The lad has not shown pace to outrun league 1 defenders. he does not appear to win the ball in the air. and has not yet hit the target. as my mate said it was a wasted shirt last night.

williamson has pace, works the channels, but cant hit a barn door.

we need someone to partner Pope and from the line-ups in the pre season friendlies MA thought it would be Tomlin but he hasn't shown he can do it. personally, as I said in an earlier post Tony Naylor was at the match last night and a player like him would make a great double act with Popey.

I would love Hugill to show something that warrants the 'hero worship' he gets on here and when he does I will be the first on here to congratulate him. Lets hope its v Crewe.

Alan (Baker) absolutely spot on post mate.

Bratt used to annoy me the way he created the 'cash strapped Port Vale' comments the media loved. It got so bad I thought the club had been renamed.

It must be catching as Norman did the club a huge dis-service talking our chances down and damaged fan morale.

the basic rule of business - Always talk your business up, because if you don't no-one else will.

Can I just say I am not anti-Hugill - As I have been unable to travel to away games for a little while now I can only judge on what I see in his home games.

The lad has not shown pace to outrun league 1 defenders. he does not appear to win the ball in the air. and has not yet hit the target. as my mate said it was a wasted shirt last night.

we need someone to partner Pope and from the line-ups in the pre season friendlies MA thought it would be Tomlin but he hasn't shown he can do it. personally, as I said in an earlier post Tony Naylor was at the match last night and a player like him would make a great double act with Popey.

I would love Hugill to show something that warrants the 'hero worship' he gets on here and when he does I will be the first on here to congratulate him. Lets hope its v Crewe.

My issue with Hugill and Pope together is they are too similar to make a great partnership. A couple of times first half Pope got the ball in a position to slip through but Hugill didn't make the run. They are both big units that will score more from balls to feet/head than pacey strikers.

Hugill has done best as a substitute generally... At PNE and Gillingham he won everything and scored after coming on but his starts Crawley debut aside haven't matched that yet.

pleased to see that most posters saw that Adam Yates deserves the right back slot. Grimmer and Davis performed heroically.

wouldn't be surprised if Davis isn't the first 6 figure transfer from the Vale for a long time.

Adam yates should learn not to back off wingers till they get to the six yard box .

Adam yates should learn not to back off wingers till they get to the six yard box .

Football fans with your tactical knowledge is exactly what is wrong with English football. Fans shouting to "get stuck in" when it is completely the wrong thing to do in most situations. If a winger is running at a fullback. The most sensible thing to do is back off and show him down the line where he can't do anything. If he closes in on him he leaves a big space behind him. The winger then either goes past him and into the space or the full back fouls him. The winger has the ball and the winger is control. There is no need for a defender to dive in and cost his team.

Sorry for the rant. But it really ****** me off when fans are shouting at players telling them what to do.

Does Pope out run defenders? As he been hitting the target lately? Why is it always the case "we need somebody to partner Pope"? For me we need to look more to potential replacements for Pope not just strike partners as if he has some god given right to start week in week out

A lot of posters on here slate Griff for making mistakes, but pope could have a stinker and nothing bad can be said. Lines could not pass tuesday but he has not be slated, turn the tables and had that been Griff and there would have been no end of abuse.

Last Saturday is an example of how people just get on at Griff. He did not choose to be subbed on, Mickey did. Yet a lot of people jumped on Griff, loads of players were crap Saturday.

My only issue with Tuesday was Mickey's tactics towards the end. We were being battered and he took too long to change anything. Some of the lads had run themselves to exhaustion.

pleased to see that most posters saw that Adam Yates deserves the right back slot. Grimmer and Davis performed heroically.

wouldn't be surprised if Davis isn't the first 6 figure transfer from the Vale for a long time.

I disagree with Adam Yates deserves the right back slot. Grimmer and Dickinson have highlighted the huge difference in class between a good and a very mediocre full back. Both consistently perform far better than Yates. His distribution is terrible and he switches off during games. On Tuesday in the first half he watched a player go past Loft and then past him with minimal effort to close him down. He needs to get back to his form from 2 seasons ago. The only reason he gets the shirt is because there are no alternatives at RB If Grimmer is to play Centre Half.

I though the two centre halves on Tuesday looked very good together. It was scrappy at times at the back but they put every bit of available effort in keeping Colchester out.

Good to see Dan Jones back. He put more balls into the box in the first half than we have in the last 3 games. However he did look shattered after 65 minutes and I was surprised he was not replaced.

Archived