onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

KP dismissed.

For Us All

Advert

I'm afraid that I find this incomprehensible. I can acknowledge that kp may be a maverick, but these players need managing and not dismissing. I think that this is more of a refelective on the poor and weak leadership within the current England set up including cook as captain. I've never seen Michael Vaughan complaining about him. Besides, do we have another number 4 lined up who can potentially average nearly 50 in test matches....err didn't think so!

The England cricket team really is going downhill fast. Ridiculous decision to jettison one of the few world-class players that we have left.

I'm no avid follower, but just what good would Ashley Giles be as the new coach (he seems to be the favourite), bearing in mind he's already been in charge of the One Day setup that's been pretty much as poor as the rest Down Under.

From Paul Downton: "The time is right to look to the future and start to rebuild not only the team but also the team ethic.”

Hidden message there perhaps?

What if the new coach, who Giles Clarke says is not guaranteed to be Ashley Giles, wants Pietersen?

I don't like Pietersen, never particularly have done, but I find it incomprehensible how we can seemingly pin 3 months of poor selection, arrogance in the warm ups, poor shot selection from all batsmen (not just Pietersen), an inability to prevent Brad Haddin taking the game away from us with the bat very quickly and dropped catches on one man. The time is right for him to go, but all this smacks of needing to find a scapegoat.

Top run scorer in the last series, a very strange decision and for me can only be down to his attitude in the dressing room.

This is a good article from Johnathan Agnew;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/26041878

Vaughan is also right when he says the timing is strange given that we have yet to appoint a new coach unless Giles is now nailed on.

Thanks KP you were a true icon of the sport and gave everyone some incredible memories.

Archived