onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 18th January 2014, Port Vale v Oldham, Pre match, Match itself.

Fosse69

..........................Neal.........................

Grimmer...Robertson...Davis...Dickinson...

........................Griffith......................

JMW..................Cuvelier.............Loft...

...............Williamson...Hugill.................

But then that's just my thoughts on the starting XI! :)

I have a feeling Yates might get rested. He's looked a bit tired lately, and that's understandable as he's played almost every game/minute! Give him a breather.

Hugill and Willo both scored on Tuesday and deserve a crack at it.

That looks decent to me but I don't think he will drop Pope tbh

Advert

Strangely enough on Tuesday I was talking to several Plymouth fans after the match and they all suggested that if they had had Popey in their team they would have beaten us! They thought his overall play in laying the ball off and his willingness to run all over the pitch for Vale's cause was exemplary.

I too thought he did well but most of the lay offs were not actioned by anyone. In the last 15 minutes or so he was everywhere attempting to stop their men getting near our box.

Perhaps we are asking too much of him? Maybe he needs a rest but usually scoring forwards hate to be on the bench so Micky has a dilemma.

So many people cannot see that side of his game

I think he will go

Neal

Yates Grimmer Davis Dicko

JMW Flo Griff Loft

Pope Hugill

Subs:

Johnson Robbo Shuker Benji Dodds Birchall, then any 1 of Tomlin, Jones, Chilvers if fit, if none of them fit then Lloyd or O'Neill

May well be right, but I'd prefer to see JMW on the left. Popey seems to work better with crosses from the left - but that's not the side they often come from.

Strangely enough on Tuesday I was talking to several Plymouth fans after the match and they all suggested that if they had had Popey in their team they would have beaten us! They thought his overall play in laying the ball off and his willingness to run all over the pitch for Vale's cause was exemplary.

I was drinking with a crowd of Plymouth fans in The Britannia pub before and after the match and they too were all impressed by Popey and said he was our MOTM.....They also had fond memories of Brian McGlinchey, mixed feelings about Adrian Littlejohn and not much at all to say about Nathan Lowndes :blush:

I was drinking with a crowd of Plymouth fans in The Britannia pub before and after the match and they too were all impressed by Popey and said he was our MOTM.....They also had fond memories of Brian McGlinchey, mixed feelings about Adrian Littlejohn and not much at all to say about Nathan Lowndes :blush:

Paul did you talk about Swanny or did you spare them the painful memories?

Archived