onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two guilty of Lee Rigby murder.

melv

im not tolerant I'm sick of paying taxes for people to come to this country and use the very things I have had to pay into since I left school I'm not even racist I don't care what colour their skin is just a few examples Asians getting money for kids they have in other country's kebab shops making money to send back to Pakistan Poles doing the same British scumbags who don't want to work but expect me to help them I dislike all of the scrounging scum the same

I find the post a little confused as at one point it seems to be about immigrants who don't want to work and just want to get benefits to send home but then you have a go at those that do work (kebab shops owners/staff) and Poles?

Surely with regard to the kebab shop owners and working Poles how someone "spends" their hard-earned cash is up to them? In the Uk we don't tell people how to spend their money. I remember well when my brother was working in Singapore and sending cash back to help out our Mum in the UK..are you saying that was wrong in some way?

Advert

I do have an issue with people claiming benefits and then sending them 'home'..just doesn't sit right with me but equally once they have the money it's theirs to do with what they wish.[/they should not have it in the first place

Well...there is an argument for that but that's different to what they do with the money once they have it.

I do have an issue with people claiming benefits and then sending them 'home'..just doesn't sit right with me but equally once they have the money it's theirs to do with what they wish.

So where do you sit on this issue, you can't always sit on both sides of the fence as you usually do....come on make a decision.

So where do you sit on this issue, you can't always sit on both sides of the fence as you usually do....come on make a decision.

I'll assume the bit about me usually sitting on both sides of the fence is an attempot at sarcasm..what with it being so wide of the mark

As I have stated previoulsy on here I'd pay all benefits in the form of a charge card that can be used with participating retailers and other organisations. The technology is already there, just need a couple of banks to agree to participate. I would allow people to withdraw a percentage as cash but benefits would be credited to the card as the start point and the vast majority of the credit would be used up by using the card. Meets all my issues

I'll assume the bit about me usually sitting on both sides of the fence is an attempot at sarcasm..what with it being so wide of the mark

As I have stated previoulsy on here I'd pay all benefits in the form of a charge card that can be used with participating retailers and other organisations. The technology is already there, just need a couple of banks to agree to participate. I would allow people to withdraw a percentage as cash but benefits would be credited to the card as the start point and the vast majority of the credit would be used up by using the card. Meets all my issues

I couldnt agree with that, for most being on benefits is bad enough but showing the world who is on benefits is like the old free school meals stigma... isnt it bad enough people being poor without forcing them to show it to everyone?... it might be difficult to get the loan sharks to sign up to the scheme... you will be asking them to wear a DWP armband next

Not sarcasm at all. Just wondering where you sit viz your comments in your post #197. It appears from your answer in post #201 that you are OK with people receiving benefits while resident in the UK who are able to send money to support family in their home country/country of origin..

Not sarcasm at all. Just wondering where you sit viz your comments in your post #197. It appears from your answer in post #201 that you are OK with people receiving benefits while resident in the UK who are able to send money to support family in their home country/country of origin..

I can do sarcasm. I think we should claim the taxes paid by their distant relatives who are working in a different country to pay for it. Perfectly straight forward to do if you are open minded, though I don't have to explain how.

But you said 'usually do', implying that I usually sit either side of the fence, hence it seemed sarcastic given it is so wide of the mark

I couldnt agree with that, for most being on benefits is bad enough but showing the world who is on benefits is like the old free school meals stigma... isnt it bad enough people being poor without forcing them to show it to everyone?

How are they forced to show it to everyone? The card would be used like any other debit/credit card and would be issued by one of the major banks..it need not look any different to any other card

... it might be difficult to get the loan sharks to sign up to the scheme... you will be asking them to wear a DWP armband next

They would of course not be involved at all

I can do sarcasm. I think we should claim the taxes paid by their distant relatives who are working in a different country to pay for it. Perfectly straight forward to do if you are open minded, though I don't have to explain how.

Even better if any immigrant is caught carrying out benefit fraud in the UK then claim the money back form those distant relatives including the estates of those already deceased. If you make it the law, it will happen ;)

Talking of benefits,this programme on Channel 4 last night seems to have caused a lot of interest.

Couldn't find anything in the Daily Mail so I've taken an article from the Independent.:rolleyes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/channel-4s-benefits-street-sparks-anger-and-threats-of-violence-9044880.html

Big article in today's Mail on it. Along with a great letter slaughtering Margaret Thatcher over the recent revelations re mine closures; odd that the Mail should so openly publish criticism of her ;)

How are they forced to show it to everyone? The card would be used like any other debit/credit card and would be issued by one of the major banks..it need not look any different to any other card

They would of course not be involved at all

I dont see many market traders/butchers etc taking credit cards... do aldi take cards? or the other one I can never remember the name of?

Archived