onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two guilty of Lee Rigby murder.

melv

Advert

A loooong prison sentence pls..never let them out

Can we do hard labour for life?

IF it is they do not get life (meaning life imprisonment) then the sentencing judge should join them.

Pity they can't have first 6 months in a military prison.

One of them kissed the Koran and raised his hands in the air at the verdict, presumably in triumph as he wanted martyrdom. WTF was he doing with a Koran in a British court and why wasn't he shackled in chains when the verdict was read out.

All their families for 5 generations back should be deported from the UK (even those born in the UK) to whichever country the first one of them came. There has to be significant deterrent to this type of behaviour and its clear that life in jail or the noose is insufficient. If the perpetrators of such crimes knew their relatives were going to suffer then it would make the perpetrators think even more and give an incentive to close family members to inform the authorities of radicalization/radical behavior.

The maximum possible prison sentence please and of course that means life! With the emphasis on the word life. Hopefully a very long wretched miserable existence where every day they can think of little else other than wishing they had never been born. No entertainment or luxuries and merely kept alive to the bare minimum of human rights.

Fortunately the mechanism is not in place in this country to legally kill them and give the martyrdom they so desperately want and which would lead to other warped individuals thinking of them as some kind of religious heroes.

the problem is 'human rights'.human rights are a funny old thing, they can help you a lot with things, for example work and stuff, but they can be terrible in circumstances like this.i read an article a few weeks ago where a judge was told he could not give a life sentence because it was against the accused's human rights.there are certain things that in law means they can be given life.those are listed in this link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/44/schedule/21

in my understanding, they SHOULD get life as it was both premeditated and for the purpose of a religious belief.

but they wont.they will be put in 15 years on good behavior.

Mr rigby will still be gone, his son without a father, where was his human rights?

they should be locked up in a dark cell, only time seeing the light is when someone is walking in their cell with a baseball bat in hand.

the problem is 'human rights'.human rights are a funny old thing, they can help you a lot with things, for example work and stuff, but they can be terrible in circumstances like this.i read an article a few weeks ago where a judge was told he could not give a life sentence because it was against the accused's human rights.there are certain things that in law means they can be given life.those are listed in this link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/44/schedule/21

in my understanding, they SHOULD get life as it was both premeditated and for the purpose of a religious belief.

but they wont.they will be put in 15 years on good behavior.

Mr rigby will still be gone, his son without a father, where was his human rights?

they should be locked up in a dark cell, only time seeing the light is when someone is walking in their cell with a baseball bat in hand.

and by life i mean life, never let out.

One of them kissed the Koran and raised his hands in the air at the verdict, presumably in triumph as he wanted martyrdom. WTF was he doing with a Koran in a British court and why wasn't he shackled in chains when the verdict was read out.

Cos Britain quite rightly allows religious freedom and we aren't barbarians

If the perpetrators of such crimes knew their relatives were going to suffer then it would make the perpetrators think even more

Doubt it

and give an incentive to close family members to inform the authorities of radicalization/radical behavior.

Might do but then we can't "deport" people who haven't committed a crime...you want to punish innocent people for the crimes of their relatives?

Cos Britain quite rightly allows religious freedom and we aren't barbarians

Waving a Koran in a British court of law on conviction for an appalling atrocity is absolutely nowt to do with religious freedom, its taking the Michael it adds insult to injury especially doing it in front of the soldiers family. What next, a paedo waving a Barbie Doll on conviction. We aren't barbarians but I'm all for preventing a moment such as this for a barbaric murder.

Doubt it

One of them said he is concerned about his son and family so I differ to your reply.

Might do but then we can't "deport" people who haven't committed a crime...you want to punish innocent people for the crimes of their relatives?

How do you know his relatives didn't know about his plans/radicalization, failure to report such behavior is a crime. I wish to prevent/deter another repeat of this heinous crime and in similar cases where seeking martyrdom is the aim it requires more than the threat of life in prison with the Koran as solice.

Waving a Koran in a British court of law on conviction for an appalling atrocity is absolutely nowt to do with religious freedom, its taking the Michael it adds insult to injury especially doing it in front of the soldiers family.

It will be a sad day for this country when a person cannot carry their religious text with them wherever they wish..you asked why he was allowed a Koran in court and I can see no reason why not. He should probabkly have been prevented form making his 'protest' after being convicted

What next, a paedo waving a Barbie Doll on conviction.

I have no idea what that has to do with religious freedom

We aren't barbarians but I'm all for preventing a moment such as this for a barbaric murder.

I don't agree with "shackling" someone not yet found guilty..handcuffs are perfectly adequate simply as a restraint

One of them said he is concerned about his son and family so I differ to your reply.

Suddenly you believe what he says? I didn't comment on this case I commented on the principle

How do you know his relatives didn't know about his plans/radicalization, failure to report such behavior is a crime.

I don't know. You don't know that they did but want them deported when they may have known nothing about it

I wish to prevent/deter another repeat of this heinous crime and in similar cases where seeking martyrdom is the aim it requires more than the threat of life in prison with the Koran as solice.

So do I but I don't belive in deporting people just cos they happen to be related to a criminal..you punish when criminal activity is proven not cos it might have happened. Go down your way and it means fundamental changes to our attitudes to crime and punishment..they will have won, they will have changed us, made us a lesser society

Why not apply that to all crimes..if your nephew/son etc commits a heinous crime then you should be locked up too..after all you may have known that he was planning to do it and didn't stop him?

It will be a sad day for this country when a person cannot carry their religious text with them wherever they wish..you asked why he was allowed a Koran in court and I can see no reason why not. He should probabkly have been prevented form making his 'protest' after being convicted

"He should probabkly have been prevented form making his 'protest' after being convicted", he absolutely should have been prevented, it now sets a precedent. No reason to have any religious text in a court of law, especially when being charged with such a heinious crime.

I have no idea what that has to do with religious freedom

Nothing to do with religious freedom but the precedent of taking anything into court is wrong....where does it stop.

I don't agree with "shackling" someone not yet found guilty..handcuffs are perfectly adequate simply as a restraint

Handcuffs are a means of shackling, an appropriate extra restraint to stop this or any other obscene gesture is required.

Suddenly you believe what he says? I didn't comment on this case I commented on the principle

Printed in black and white, no reason to not believe it.

I don't know. You don't know that they did but want them deported when they may have known nothing about it

So do I but I don't belive in deporting people just cos they happen to be related to a criminal..you punish when criminal activity is proven not cos it might have happened. Go down your way and it means fundamental changes to our attitudes to crime and punishment..they will have won, they will have changed us, made us a lesser society?

If it was bought into law then people who come to the UK would know what the outcome will be if similar atrocities are committed. There has to be as fundamental change to crimes wanting martyrdom of this kind.

Why not apply that to all crimes..if your nephew/son etc commits a heinous crime then you should be locked up too..after all you may have known that he was planning to do it and didn't stop him

Now you are talking drivel and not worth commenting on.

Archived