onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf Tweet

butt lane vale fan

Mark Meakin (@spinthewebmark)

04/12/2013 18:57

@smurfpvfc any truth in it that the club is losing vast amounts of money Norman? #insmurfwetrust

Norman Smurthwaite (@smurfpvfc)

04/12/2013 20:48

@spinthewebmark I have stated on several occasions that I will have paid in 1M in this season so yes we are This will not be repeated 14/15

Taken from PVO

#81 Gary B

PVO Landlord

Admin

19,342 posts

Country

Posted Today, 06:41 PM

Right, I've wanted to mention this for a while but needed to get the ok first and it may put in to context some of my concerns and why I have started to raise certain things I've previously kept to myself

I have absolutely no doubt I will get stick and abuse from some but it's what I'm now used to

I do it because I am 100% confident NS told the person in question this information - it's up to others whether they believe me, this other person or NS but at least I've made others aware

Last month NS told someone that he was having to put £80,000 to £100,000 per month in to the club, this is on the back of the £50,000 per month from April to August he'd personally told me.

As a fan I always said I would keep things quiet for the good of the club, but likewise I would always speak out for the good of the club.

The situation seems to be seriously deteriorating very quickly and I'm alarmed. If it is false I'm seriously worried that NS is going around spreading these false figures and for what purpose?

It's up to you to decide or maybe directly ask NS what the situation is, get him on the record about these figures.

http://www.portvaleonline.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14399&page=5#entry256066

Sent from my iPad

Advert

The thing is where is the money going? All on running costs or mainly business investment? Where to improve and reduce costs/improve income are the essentials of any business management, thus upto Norman to turn the ship around. No doubt he will be deluged with suggestions.

The thing is where is the money going? All on running costs or mainly business investment? Where to improve and reduce costs/improve income are the essentials of any business management, thus upto Norman to turn the ship around. No doubt he will be deluged with suggestions.

exactly, i mean i have no quarrels with smurf, i think he's contributed a massive amount to what is so far an amazing season, but imo if he is going to throw figures like that out to the fans then i think he should also say where it is being lost.

How can we be losing so uch per month?i just cant fathom it!

If NS is making bold statements like this he should tell us exactly how we are losing so much when home crowds are decent,To be honest im getting fed up with his attitude lately,Carry on Norman and see how it affects season ticket sales next season,Ever likely Micky hasnt signed a contract yet it sounds like he'll be working on a shoestring next season.

It's quite simple especially at this time of the year we have lets say 4000 die hards you produce slippers wallets pjamas dressing gowns lets all wear the vale onesie on Boxing Day ( we don't have one)

Let's make sure on match day we clear up sweets for kids brIlliant pies oatcakes bla blah

Smurf started advertising for a wedding planner three weeks ago a too little too late

Smurf then advertised for a bar and retail manager???

In short all vale fans have done exactly what has been asked and turned out in numbers will be glad to see attendance figures post Boxing Day then we can say we hit our target smurf talk to us about your commercial operation

We must be unsustainable then because God help other clubs. The Commercial side must be lacking because gates and match day revenue will never get any better at this level.

I hope we can find ways of getting money into the club other than cutting the wage bill...because we'll end up back in league 2 and bring in even less money.

Tough job! Good luck with that.

I bet he's looking for additional investment to share the burden I suspect, he has since the sentinel incident gone very quiet, strangely so....

It wouldn't surprise me at all, if he looks to sell while we're on the up (so to speak). I like some of you just don't understand why he's having to put so much money now that we have to abide by the financial fair play rules...60% of turnover, I'm sure at the start Norman did state he'd have to invest somewhere in that region anyway???

Let's just keep this positive, I'm sure many weathly chairman do exactly the same in others clubs so why worry?

This is a direct pm off Smurf on Twitter, who asked me to post:

Hi Please post on OVF.I do not make bold statements just facts Ecx Wolves and Cov our gate receipts circa 30k.Payroll of whole club 300k pm

Shortfall 210k pm before other income.I have Inv 600k in improvements in Club so far which is a one off.Cup proceeds should reduce my input

It's not really out concern anymore. We aren't a fan owned club anymore.

I have confidence in smurf. When businesses are so poorly run by previous owners it's obvious that investment is needed to stabilise ourselves. The longer smurf is in charge the more he will learn.

Archived