onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Uncorroborated rumours. guesses, speculation.....

Richy Rich

Can I ask why this thread has been rapidly moved? It was a serious attempt to try and keep everyone happy.

At least let it run for a day or so and gauge the mood for it.

Whatever fans may sell, we always will AND should speculate about our Club irrespective of whether it upsets NS.

Because its a thread about rumours in general, not specific rumours... I would guess.

Advert

Do you have any specifics that have not been answered by NS?

What is his view on the lack of players emerging or being used in the development squad?

Why does catering at VP continue to be a disaster?

Does he think that there will be a resolution to MA's contract situation any time soon?

Is he concerned at the lack of matchday sponsorship?

What is his view on the lack of players emerging or being used in the development squad?

Does he think that there will be a resolution to MA's contract situation any time soon?

Whats the fascination of using players in the development squad? As the title suggests they are a DEVELOPMENT SQUAD only 3 months in conception and are there to be developed for the future.

We have a 1st team squad of 22 players with possible loanee additions if required.

Bit difficult for him to answer questions that were raised after the interview though, isn't it?

I appreciate the above are important issues but unfortunately when I gave the questions I didn't ask these as they were not on my list and there was a finite time - I couldn't ask him every question or concern that had ever been raised in just 30 minutes.

However, in terms of the questions I did raise, he answered them all (I started off by saying he could refuse to answer any of them - he didn't).

I'm not saying he shouldn't answer those questions in time (if those concern people then it's fair enough they are raised) but perhaps those are questions for a future interview or a Q&A session with the Supporters Club (if he does one).

Can I ask why this thread has been rapidly moved? It was a serious attempt to try and keep everyone happy.

I moved it.

1. Moving threads is not to hide them it's to put them in the right category. Here is the specific part of the rules (which you all agree to) that says we will do this (it's even rule one!) "1. Post new topics in the correct forum. Topics in the wrong forum will be moved."

2. We're not hiding it. It's in the correct section, that's all. If we wanted to "hide" it we'd close or delete it surely? If we wanted to hide it why are people still replying to it?

3. The use of the word "rapidly" is very poor. We do everything on here as quickly as we can - whether that's deleting posts, approving registrations or moving threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep specific rumours going in the main section. I am very encouraged by the response of members to the recent bout of uncorroborated rumours which have been dealt with thoroughly by Rob and Norman. Other rumours will arise in due course and they need to be brought out into the open and dealt with or at least exposed for what they are.

Hugil answered question 1, i've yet to eat any decent food anywhere at a match,2,if MA's happy and smurf's happy then that question will be resolved 3, matchday sponsorship has to be at the right price at the going rate and the fact that those small businesses and one man bands who lost out at the CVA will i suspect be very loath to to do any sponsoring or advertising,4,,, just my observations on the points raised.

I think we have enough sections as it is.

I used to work in customer services and part of the job was managing online forums. I was always told in my forum training that "less is more" - in that people won't post in a section that isn't busy (makes sense, you're most likely to respond to something rather than start a topic up) so it's much better to have a few busy sections than lots of quiet, unused ones.

For that reason, I don't think it's right to have a dedicated "rumour" section, I'd rather that they remained part and parcel of "Port Vale Present" but that people recognise them for what they are - unfounded rumours, gossip and hearsay and a small part of the overall conversation that occurs on OVF.

Well said Rob!

I think this would be a good idea.

The rumours and unproven theories were so severe that several posters could not refrain from exclaiming expletives and profanities towards various posts/posters. If that's the anger and distress that the rumours are causing then a separate thread would help ensure those who have a phobia of the untruth would not have to subject themselves to such a torturous ordeal.

A bit like someone who stated the club is definitely for sale????

A bit like someone who stated the club is definitely for sale????

Ah!, now what does that personage know that we don't, obviously someone well up if you pardon the euphemism in the club hierarchy, privvy to info that us mere mortals wouldn't understand or comprehend. Of course it could be that the person is a complete and utter tewel and has a fertile imagination as well as an addled head through taking and smoking strange substances.

Archived